Engadget speculating based on info from Telus no longer carrying current PB models:

All PlayBooks go to heaven: Telus leak points to end-of-life status -- Engadget

They twist the scenario as if RIM itself is dumping the PlayBook completely... terrible writing.
    thymaster likes this.
    02-03-12 11:01 PM
    CNET posted a similar article.. wtf is wrong with reporting correct information?

This guy didnt even know the specs on the Playbook

RIM cuts BlackBerry PlayBook prices again--but should you buy in? | The Cheapskate - CNET News

does RIM need to start paying off the media now? or should they just give ever "journalist" a free Playbook so they stfu?
    02-03-12 11:09 PM
    It is possible this may be the last opportunity to purchase CURRENT models, especially at these prices. When the updated hardware arrives in a couple/few months time... it is reasonable to assume there won't only be a PB with cellular capability as info has been leaked about, but also an updated WIFI-only version as well, matching the cpu upgrade the cellular model would also see.

Simply time to usher in a new hardware generation...
    02-03-12 11:13 PM
    Research is dead.
    02-03-12 11:15 PM
    Research is dead.
    more like

EFFORT is DEAD
    Barljo likes this.
    02-03-12 11:17 PM
    Another of those articles written by some uninformed biased moron.. dont waste your time reading them, enjoy your PB instead
    02-03-12 11:19 PM
    This generation can certainly be considered a failure in many respects, though mostly because of RIM releasing it with a half-baked OS (at the same time snappy and innovative). Luckily the hardware is very capable, and despite some minor flaws - it is solid and will continue on to provide the consumer with a rich experience as the OS is brought up to where it should have been at release time.

The only thing that is throw-away is this article!
    02-03-12 11:21 PM
    I'm beginning to think at this point that is is best to let them have their day in the sun, as it will be brief. The more they spread misinformation, the less credible and more foolish they will look when proven wrong.

Having spent a fair bit of time lately "correcting" some of the blatant errors in several published articles lately I can see that it is clear nothing will change until their readers finally wake up and see what is really going on here. Because of what I do for a living I have to follow tech blogs for the latest news on tech. What is happening though is I am now far more selective about what I am reading because by many of them taking shortcuts through the truth in a way that has become quite obvious now means that I can no longer trust these sites for honest and accurate information. It comes down to this, if they have not done their homework with this technology and then what other products have they been less than honest about. I can no longer trust the information they provide.

Pretty soon everyone will realize that these sites have become the National Enquirer of the blogosphere. Will they still have readers? Sadly yes, just as the National Enquirer still has readers (I think). I'm afraid there will alway be a large number of people lacking essential critical thinking skills who will continue to flock to such sites believing them to still be relevant, informative and accurate.
    thymaster likes this.
    02-04-12 12:10 AM
    I'm beginning to think at this point that is is best to let them have their day in the sun, as it will be brief. The more they spread misinformation, the less credible and more foolish they will look when proven wrong.

Having spent a fair bit of time lately "correcting" some of the blatant errors in several published articles lately I can see that it is clear nothing will change until their readers finally wake up and see what is really going on here. Because of what I do for a living I have to follow tech blogs for the latest news on tech. What is happening though is I am now far more selective about what I am reading because by many of them taking shortcuts through the truth in a way that has become quite obvious now means that I can no longer trust these sites for honest and accurate information. It comes down to this, if they have not done their homework with this technology and then what other products have they been less than honest about. I can no longer trust the information they provide.

Pretty soon everyone will realize that these sites have become the National Enquirer of the blogosphere. Will they still have readers? Sadly yes, just as the National Enquirer still has readers (I think). I'm afraid there will alway be a large number of people lacking essential critical thinking skills who will continue to flock to such sites believing them to still be relevant, informative and accurate.
    I basically agree with what you have said. You can try correcting their (wrongfully) uninformative articles, but it won't help enough to spread positive information. While trying to fix the information Playbook fans will get into arguments, they will get angry, and they'll say something dumb that will upset the apple fans. Then a huge argument will happen and it's very childish. It's like racism becoming popular again, but with electronics.
    rjedge54 and thymaster like this.
    02-04-12 12:14 AM
    I basically agree with what you have said. You can try correcting their (wrongfully) uninformative articles, but it won't help enough to spread positive information. While trying to fix the information Playbook fans will get into arguments, they will get angry, and they'll say something dumb that will upset the apple fans. Then a huge argument will happen and it's very childish. It's like racism becoming popular again, but with electronics.

I discovered after I posted it that it was my 100th post. woohoo!! What do I win?

Seriously though, I meant to add that you begin to realize as you have suggested that it soon degrades into a flame war and I'm I just getting tired of putting on the asbestos suit anymore. Besides it's bad for your health.
    thymaster and teeuwen like this.
    02-04-12 12:29 AM
    Research is dead.
    Even worse. Journalism is dead.
    02-04-12 12:39 AM
    These writers are attention whores. They would sell their soul to the devil spreading a plague to get your attention.

If you guys scroll down the comments section of the article, this guy is getting bash hard by critics who read his article. I'm sure by now he gets the point and regrets writing it.
    Last edited by thymaster; 02-04-12 at 02:00 AM.
    02-04-12 12:50 AM
    It is really beyond my imagination how these jacka$$es come up with this garbage talk all the time. What is the purpose of that? Is it that much fun to spew crap like: Blackberry? Is anybody still using those? Or: The PlayBook is dead/EOL. Or RIM is dead, they will seize to exist in 2-3years. These loosers need to get a life, because apparently they don't have one. My ten year old son already outgrew this kind of behavior. It is so immature, it is sickening. Just go play with your Lego, buy some more fart apps and shut the front door.
    02-04-12 01:01 AM
    Not sure why the Engadget article offends anyone. RIM itself is hinting it is bringing in an updated Playbook--which is good news, if it means RIM is continuing the Playbook program. In any case, we're apparently getting OS2 and mail apps, which is definitely good news for Playbook users.
    02-04-12 01:34 AM
    CNET posted a similar article.. wtf is wrong with reporting correct information?

RIM cuts BlackBerry PlayBook prices again--but should you buy in? | The Cheapskate - CNET News

does RIM need to start paying off the media now? or should they just give ever "journalist" a free Playbook so they stfu?
    The pathetic thing is CNET even managed to get APPLE into the article by inserting a blatant advert for the fourth-generation iPod Touch, which is not even a tablet.
    02-04-12 01:50 AM

You mean like Apple does?
    02-04-12 01:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD