I bit the Bullet and ordered a 32gb playbook from Amazon UK, I was a little surprised when after placing the order I recived 1st a confirmation from Amazon stating that it had been purchased from S.A.R.L Gurnsey, but not half as surprised when I got a dispatch e-mail from an American company stating it was coming from the states.

so the question is? is there any difference between UK and American units ?

Thanks.
    12-02-11 02:54 PM
    None at all. Congrats.
    gadgetier likes this.
    12-02-11 03:16 PM
    thankyou, you have taken away an element of panic!
    12-02-11 03:27 PM
    to risk hijacking your thread this seems like a good place to discuss something bugging me about 2 different playbooks

my first was a 16 gig bought during the mad "pre TG" panic. After a couple days i found this site and began to read about dead pixels. I had a bunch of vertical lines that seemed stuck. But this was minor compared to the frustrating wifi experience, hanging browser, dead downloads and all the like that people suffered around the last update. Rim was willing to RMA but wouldn't go good for my expensive screen cover..

So I returned it to the store and upgraded to a 32g. I opened it up right there and waited for it to update so i could download a screen checking app. I noticed even during the setup that this one seemed faster. I also noticed what looked like an irregular pinhole under the glass near center screen. The spot stayed white no matter what other colors were going on and I told them I didn't want it. They waited until then to tell me it was the last one in stock so I brought it home anyway.

This playbook is alot faster than my first one, browsing, loading, running apps, playing games. I spent alot of time falling in love with the first one and am positive there was a very noticeable difference in the overall speed of the two. Can anyone else confirm anything like this? Thanks
    12-02-11 08:27 PM
    maybe different power plugs. maybe. i think uk uses a different power thing than North America.
    12-02-11 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD