Who stayed up all night hitting Check for Updates ?

I hope nobody did...
    esk369 likes this.
    09-25-12 05:57 AM
    Someone might want to check the time in California since that's where an announcement would be made. So how many jumped ship because it was Tuesday morning in their neck of the woods and there was no 'promised' update.
    09-25-12 06:06 AM
    Wouldn't they release it early morning in the time zone you live in and roll it out that way so the servers have a fairly even distribution of downloads?
    Why should I have to wait because those lazy a$$es in California can't drag their butts out of bed until 3 hours later than me?
    09-25-12 06:09 AM
    Tic, tic, tic.............. 6:40am down there and up here... tic, tic........
    esk369 likes this.
    09-25-12 08:41 AM
    Wouldn't they release it early morning in the time zone you live in and roll it out that way so the servers have a fairly even distribution of downloads?
    Why should I have to wait because those lazy a$$es in California can't drag their butts out of bed until 3 hours later than me?
    It's five minutes to Wednesday here...I don't think so. They wouldn't release anything before the end of the keynote anyway. It's all about showmanship.
    09-25-12 08:51 AM
    I don't think anyone can do without sleep until the end of the year...
    bodjor and JeepBB like this.
    09-25-12 08:53 AM
    How was your all nighter?! makes better sense to go to bed early for Santa... it would be like Christmas. Then you have the energy to play with your new toy...
    09-25-12 08:55 AM
    I keep getting this strange message

"YOU CURRENTLY HAVE THE LATEST SOFTWARE INSTALLED"

So glad I didn't stay up all night.

esk369, madman0141 and FF22 like this.
    09-25-12 09:09 AM

Lol! Me too. And every time it takes a little long checking, I hold my breath...but nope. My darn software is still up to date.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    09-25-12 11:02 AM
    An all nighter...seriously? and I thought only Apple had some nutty fanatics
    Oh, how mistaken are your thoughts. There seem to be as many BlackBerry nut cases on this forum as they claim are Apple fanatics in the general population. RIM has given me enough sleepless nights thank you very much.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-25-12 11:17 AM
    How was your all nighter?! makes better sense to go to bed early for Santa... it would be like Christmas. Then you have the energy to play with your new toy...
    At least Santa is real. Meanwhile, updates from RIM are pure folklore just like the Easter Bunny. LOL
    bay1902 and esk369 like this.
    09-25-12 11:19 AM
    It's five minutes to Wednesday here...I don't think so. They wouldn't release anything before the end of the keynote anyway. It's all about showmanship.
    Heins is like a used car salesman expect with the used car salesman you can walk away with an automobile if you choose; with Heins you are left with an empty wallet and empty hands.
    09-25-12 11:24 AM
    At least Santa is real. Meanwhile, updates from RIM are pure folklore just like the Easter Bunny. LOL
    No I've seen a few so they are real. They just don't come like was originally said and then speculation and rumors are spread around and many believe them. BTW since when is Santa real?
    09-25-12 11:25 AM
    Already did a backup, PB fully charged and when/if it comes today imma just do a security wipe.
    09-25-12 11:35 AM
    No I've seen a few so they are real. They just don't come like was originally said and then speculation and rumors are spread around and many believe them. BTW since when is Santa real?
    Whaat?? First no 2.1 despite all the swirling speculation and now I find out Santa isn't real? Bad day all around in my world.
    kbz1960, bay1902 and esk369 like this.
    09-25-12 12:16 PM
    Gesendet von 4 BlackBerry Playbook "Android Player" mit Tapatalk
    09-25-12 12:21 PM

that's not a strange message - that's normal. A strange message would have been "2.1 is available for your download pleasure.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-25-12 12:27 PM
    We have had hints directly from RIM that 2.1 is coming soon (they explicitly referred to the "upcoming" 2.1 release in its press release for the new BES service pack last week).

Tonight might be a bit of a stretch, given how busy the entire company likely is supporting Jam Americas, but NEXT Tuesday sounds pretty promising.

All that said, I'll be checking App World on my phone to see if a Bridge update is pending
    09-25-12 12:29 PM
    yorry kdybord tfuble. will post later

Gesendet von meinem BlackBerry Playbook "Android Player" mit Tapatalk
    09-25-12 12:30 PM
    We have had hints directly from RIM that 2.1 is coming soon (they explicitly referred to the "upcoming" 2.1 release in its press release for the new BES service pack last week).

Tonight might be a bit of a stretch, given how busy the entire company likely is supporting Jam Americas, but NEXT Tuesday sounds pretty promising.

All that said, I'll be checking App World on my phone to see if a Bridge update is pending
    RIM has been saying 2.1 is "coming soon" or it's "just around the corner" for months. Last Tuesday we were told THIS Tuesday was promising. I'm done trying to figure it out. If it comes, it comes. Whatever. And this isn't aimed at you personally. I think it's great you've managed to maintain your optimism. After playing this game for over a year now, I'm just a tad fed up with it.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-25-12 12:38 PM
    ee

exactly my thought. releasing an update while some experts and management. are on a conference is not so favorapble idea. i see jam is a bb10 ocussed dev conf, so 2

sorry my keyboard is very strange here on PB, i must stop

ray

Gesendet von meinem BlackBerry Playbook "Android Player" mit Tapatalk
    09-25-12 12:41 PM
    RIM has been saying 2.1 is "coming soon" or it's "just around the corner" for months. Last Tuesday we were told THIS Tuesday was promising. I'm done trying to figure it out. If it comes, it comes. Whatever. And this isn't aimed at you personally. I think it's great you've managed to maintain your optimism. After playing this game for over a year now, I'm just a tad fed up with it.
    You -I am becoming a little tad tired of hearing "soon" or the "around the corner" just recently I once again mentioned on Twitter to RIM....Same song and dance.... I wouldn't hold my breath or lose any sleep over this PB update...Show me before I believe it
    easydoesit99 likes this.
    09-25-12 01:00 PM
    But wait, this game has a new twist. It's going to be revealed. In an upcoming announcement that may be pushed back a quarter to allow for more confusion and speculation.
    mzceetee likes this.
    09-25-12 01:57 PM
    Doesn't matter much. The current 2.1 beta is very good.
    09-26-12 06:38 PM
    Doesn't matter much. The current 2.1 beta is very good.
    I don't use the beta versions, I don't want to think that hard.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-26-12 07:05 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD