I bought a playbook and after a wipe there are no apps. Just the browser and setup. Nothing else. No app world camera nothing. After update 1917 is installed there are some like the app world but still no camera app or pictures app. ? I tried wipes via the tablet and PC. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 06:28 PM
    Try an autoloader: http://l.bitcasa.com/zT_WYGJF

Download, extract with 7-Zip, plug in PlayBook and run the extracted file. It'll wipe whatever's on there, but restore the default apps.
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    07-16-14 06:43 PM
    thurask has given you the easy way!

But you should know why and how you got to where you are, first!
    When you wipe your device, it WIPES your device!!!!
    That's why "Back Up" was invented!

One idea! Stop wiping your device! ( you asked!)

But, seriously, why did you wipe it in the first place and why didn't you do back up?

I'm getting the feeling that you may want to do a little reading to familiarize yourself with the proper process before doing anything else.
    Doing a security wipe is only necessary when you have some major issues that won't go away or when you want to Wipe the device Clean (which you did.)
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-16-14 06:45 PM
    It's normal to lose all of your apps after a wipe. It's also normal to have an update available to restore all of the lost stock apps. Have you checked for an update?
    FrankIAm likes this.
    07-16-14 08:49 PM
    Ya. That's what a security swipe does.

BB Proud
    07-16-14 09:12 PM
    I am pretty sure if you connect it to BlackBerry desktop software on a pc, it will install the operating system for you and everything will come back. I have never wiped my playbooks before without backing them up but I have read this fix previously on the forums. I suggest doing some searching in the CB playbook forums and you will find what you need. I won't ask why you wiped it but I will assume you wanted a fresh new playbook

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-16-14 09:18 PM
    I think I wasn't clear. I purchased the tablet for a third party not new. Wiping his data to start fresh. I know a wipe, wipes data but not system data such as stock apps like the app world camera app etc. The only thing on the screen is the browser app. Nothing else. Once the update is installed some system apps come back like "help" and slacker radio. But not the stock camera or file explorer for example. I am aware of losing saved data but the wipe should install a recovery image of the stock os.

Also I know it's bought third party and run the risk of these issues. Just curious for a fix. I know when I had android I could reload the os with software such as RSD lure for Motorola.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    Lostboy5151 and nealjane1 like this.
    07-16-14 09:51 PM
    I think I wasn't clear. I purchased the tablet for a third party not new. Wiping his data to start fresh. I know a wipe, wipes data but not system data such as stock apps like the app world camera app etc. The only thing on the screen is the browser app. Nothing else. Once the update is installed some system apps come back like "help" and slacker radio. But not the stock camera or file explorer for example. I am aware of losing saved data but the wipe should install a recovery image of the stock os.

Also I know it's bought third party and run the risk of these issues. Just curious for a fix. I know when I had android I could reload the os with software such as RSD lure for Motorola.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Posted via CB10

NOW YOU TELL US!!!

Well then.... NEVERMIND!!!!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-17-14 01:08 PM