I heard that Alec was just a windscreen washer we picked up at the traffic lights, buns so tight he was bouncing off the walls. I hope all the AbFab fans have been following this since the "who is Alec Saunders" post...
    02-02-13 07:46 AM
    You claim you have been a Playbook owner since they were first released. That was April 2011.
    What did BlackBerry (RIM) promise you at that time?
    Since the initial release the OS has had significant updates. I don't remember seeing the promise of BB10 until long after the initial release.

I see a lot of posts where people think they are speaking for the majority of BlackBerry owners. They are not. Most BlackBerry (or any brand) owners think of their device as a phone or tablet and have no idea what an OS is let alone what OS is on it or what OS is coming.
    Sure, us forum members would like to see BB10 on the Playbook but in reality we make up a very small percentage or Playbook owners.
    For example; there are 20 people in my office. 9 of us own Playbooks. 3 of us own more than one. 12 Playbooks in total.
    I am the only one that knows BB10 is destined for the Playbook. The other 8 don't know what BB10 is.
    Actually, in April-May I will have to replace 20 BlackBerrys with new BB10 devices. I can guarantee I will be the only one that will like it. The rest will not like the change but will get used to it.
    The other 8 not knowing what bb10 is seems like the exact reason why blackberry should release bb10 for the playbook. There may only be a few million of them, but that's a few million people exposed to the new os, playing with it, talking about it, showing it to others - ignoring all the arguments that we are "owed it now" this really strikes me as a missed opportunity.
    02-02-13 10:05 AM
    Some would say that "a few million owners" is a bit generous. I don't know the real number offhand. But I don't see many other PB owners out there beyond my circle of friends and family. Our BB phones are also getting rare here in the US.

Can we get back to the original post, which is mocking Alec?
    02-02-13 10:09 AM
    introducing BB10 on playbook probably hurt the Z10's sales. Personnaly, i prefer it to be the latest possible this year.
    02-02-13 10:13 AM
    We will miss you and all your 40 posts. Hope you enjoy your new device.

As much as I agree that he could have picked better words for his reply, there is really nothing new here. Later this year can be Dec/13 as well as Feb 1st...

As for mashing the OS update... I'm sure it will be all over twitter, facebook, blogs and forums when it hits. No need to stress out....
    Th wording makes me think more like summer/fall. If it was coming any sooner I'd think he say later this quarter, or next quarter. Or maybe he was just blowing the original twitter poster off...

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    02-02-13 10:25 AM
    Some would say that "a few million owners" is a bit generous. I don't know the real number offhand. But I don't see many other PB owners out there beyond my circle of friends and family. Our BB phones are also getting rare here in the US.

Can we get back to the original post, which is mocking Alec?
    ... It's not generous, it is accurate and is based on quarterly numbers for 20 months. You can't use anecdotal evidence for worldwide sales. If so I'd say playbook is the best selling tablet over ipad and all combined android tablets by ten to one because that's the ratio I'm exposed to. I know ten playbook owners and one ipad owner and one android owner. It means nothing.

There are millions of playbook sold - but all those millions of playbook in 20 months are still significantly less than one quarters ipad sales.
    02-02-13 10:26 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry is worried that if they push bb10 to playbook it may cause playbook owners to either delay or not purchase a phone????
    If that happens then they really didn't want a new phone. I the Z10 yesterday. Having BB10 on my PlayBook would be great but it wouldn't make me want to wait to purchase the phone. But that is just me.

James
    02-02-13 10:34 AM
    I honestly am starting to wonder why I even bother coming to this forum any more. All you people blindly supporting BB (as I always have), even in the face of loosing Bridge functionality in this so called "up grade", are friggin' SHEEP! Put down your glass of coolaid, put your thumbs back in your mouth and get a diaper change 'cause you STINK!

I bought the PB on day 1. I've been a staunch supporter. I've gotten so used to doing almost everything on my pad and not having to touch the phone. Patiently waiting for BB10 and it's expanded/improved functionality.....BUT NOOOOO!!! We get less Bridge functions (minimum, really) and nothing but vague and/or no information about the future. REALLY?

All you people (BB phone and PlayBook owners) who are NOT pissed.....I don't know what planet you're currently on, but thank goodness its NOT ALL ABOUT YOU!!!

Bottom line RIM, BBRY, who ever the **** you are now, put up or shut up! I'm very tired! Now my eyes are open and I can see why you've lost so much in the US. I guess you don't need us. We'll, don't let the door hit you in your.....brain.

Of course, that's my opinion. I could be wrong.....

MORE COFFEE!!!!

Hoot
    02-02-13 10:41 AM
    introducing BB10 on playbook probably hurt the Z10's sales. Personnaly, i prefer it to be the latest possible this year.
    I don't think so. If anything I think it would increase sales.
    Uncle Remus and the_sleuth like this.
    02-02-13 10:48 AM
    ... It's not generous, it is accurate and is based on quarterly numbers for 20 months. You can't use anecdotal evidence for worldwide sales. If so I'd say playbook is the best selling tablet over ipad and all combined android tablets by ten to one because that's the ratio I'm exposed to. I know ten playbook owners and one ipad owner and one android owner. It means nothing.

There are millions of playbook sold - but all those millions of playbook in 20 months are still significantly less than one quarters ipad sales.
    Cmon man. The PB has been a total and complete flop outside of Crackberry faithful, even after OS2.0 was released. I don't want to argue the point, but really. It wouldn't shock me to hear EOL from Alec in some tweet in the near future. I accept that, and we have to be realistic around here. Even CB Kevin will back me up on this.
    02-02-13 10:49 AM
    I don't think so. If anything I think it would increase sales.
    Yeah, the whole hurting sales argument makes no sense unless bb10 really sucks. From the reviews that isn't the case.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-02-13 10:50 AM
    Gotta do what ya gotta do uncle remus. Can't blame ya.
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    02-02-13 10:50 AM
    I was waiting for a next generation of OS, more flexible and more options, but i think after some months it will be old, maybe we can have windows 9 or the next ipad
    oh yeah ! the next ipad ! nice !!! what's new ? oh it haves 124 gig?
    02-02-13 10:52 AM
    I thought BB learned from their mistakes but it seems it still is all smoke and mirrors with them. Sorry, BB but it looks like my money will not go to you anymore.
    Branta likes this.
    02-02-13 10:52 AM
    Gotta do what ya gotta do uncle remus. Can't blame ya.
    Whew. Ya know, that was just a morning rant of frustration. The sad truth is, I'm still a huge BB supporter. I just don't like to be made a fool, 'cause it should be obvious that I don't need any help with that.....

Time will tell, I would just like to know when.

Hoot
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-02-13 11:00 AM
    Cmon man. The PB has been a total and complete flop outside of Crackberry faithful, even after OS2.0 was released. I don't want to argue the point, but really. It wouldn't shock me to hear EOL from Alec in some tweet in the near future. I accept that, and we have to be realistic around here. Even CB Kevin will back me up on this.
    What the ****? Where is this coming from? Where did I say that the playbook was a fantastic success? I specifically stated that every single playbook sale added together over the entire lifespan of the product couldn't come close to the sales of the ipad in one quarter. Of course the playbook was a flop! It's failure was a major hit to RIM. No one here is arguing otherwise. But hey, guess what, you can still sell 3 million units and be a flop when your main competitor sells more than three times that in a three month period.

It's simple math. Look at the earnings calls and statements. Add the numbers together. They have literally sold millions. Four days ago it was on the main page of CrackBerry that the UK moved 160,000 alone in the last two months. Why is this even a discussion?
    02-02-13 11:03 AM
    Whew. Ya know, that was just a morning rant of frustration. The sad truth is, I'm still a huge BB supporter. I just don't like to be made a fool, 'cause it should be obvious that I don't need any help with that.....

Time will tell, I would just like to know when.

Hoot
    The lack of bridge is a kick in the testicles, that is for sure. After how long we waited for sms to begin with and then it's gone if you upgrade your phone....

Edit:.
    Grr: playbook autocorrect changed sms to small
    Uncle Remus, the_sleuth and FF22 like this.
    02-02-13 11:04 AM
    Great. See ya. I'm sticking with my OS2.1 which works really well. Before you go, please tell us what BB10 on Playbook will give you that you don't have now?
    This is what I'm wondering. What will BB10 offer the Playbook that we don't have now? All indications I've seen is BB10 will be something like the current OS we are running - which works well. Furthermore as other have eluded to, why would they intially spend resources to push BB10 to a device that most people bought at a discount? They need to sell the new phones and hopefully in some numbers.

I'm actually enjoying my PB working well at this moment.
    02-02-13 11:05 AM
    I thought BB learned from their mistakes but it seems it still is all smoke and mirrors with them. Sorry, BB but it looks like my money will not go to you anymore.
    I'm no RIM er BlackBerry water-carrier, but really? Jan 30 was about the phones, not an outdated flop of a tablet. Can't we get excited about something around here? I do want the Z10 or Q10 when it's available. And Alec and Thor have 100% confirmed that BB10 is coming... Soon! Let's focus on something positive for a while. BB10 = revenue. Revenue = employees and dev love. Employees = PlayBook love (eventually). PlayBook love = 216ppi on the next model (praying for that).
    02-02-13 11:05 AM
    yeah,,, ok,,, but a concrete release timeframe wouldn't hurt,,, that kinda sh!t is good for morale...
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    02-02-13 11:15 AM
    This is what I'm wondering. What will BB10 offer the Playbook that we don't have now?.
    BlackBerry hub, peak, flow, new browser, new keyboard with new predictive text system, BBM, screen share, timeshift camera, bb10 apps such as angry birds star wars, Skype, etc.
    kbz1960 and toneytone like this.
    02-02-13 11:17 AM
    BlackBerry hub, peak, flow, new browser, new keyboard with new predictive text system, BBM, screen share, timeshift camera, bb10 apps such as angry birds star wars, Skype, etc.
    Plus faster bluetooth connections for speed.
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    02-02-13 11:22 AM
    If there was a concrete release date, I'm sure they would give it to us. Let's let the excitement of BB10 phone release pass, and then the "several million" of us PB users can apply some more pressure. They did eventually give us the heads up for OS2.0 and 2.1 release, plus or minus a month.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-02-13 11:23 AM
    dude you rock !!
    i have been so pissed off about blackberry that i am planing to sell all my devices ..
    i am so shamed for having to steal apps from android on my pb or not having at least bb protect or something native just liker earlier bb phones ..
    this is out the league ! i have been using blackberry 8 years now an not a single respect from them ..
    bb z10 is just pure brand new junk ! tines of crashes and lags ! it is a cheap mini playbook
    thorstein heins is a ******* ****** if he thinks blackberry is going way up .. from down they are now to worse !
    playbook is missing so many things that if i would have to write here the whole list i would turn 60 years in two seconds !
    the biggest achievement for blackberry was with os 6 and 7 period !
    things i found pure even more ******** ?
    8520 curve not having os 6 but 9300 got it ..
    9700 bold is the best phone i have ever used
    9780 bold only os 6 and no chance for os 7 ***** please ..
    in other words blackberry should be ashamed of themselvs for treating their costumers as a joke .. lab rats !
    when i bought my pb i was so excited .. then turned on to be dissapointed for having old "junk" ..
    it is a very good device but unstable .. in lack of many things ..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Crackberry App
    tedescop likes this.
    02-02-13 11:24 AM
    dude you rock !!
    i have been so pissed off about blackberry that i am planing to sell all my devices .. Snip snip.....
    I think your post sums up how most of us loyal BB & PB users think and feel. All I can say it that is seems like it is turning around with BB10 release. But I am not expecting major love from RIM for the old PlayBook. BB10 should mean better apps and support for the PB, nuff said. The day that Netflix and other big apps comes to BB10 and possibly to our PBs, then we've turned the corner... Soon!
    02-02-13 12:13 PM
168 12345 ...