Maybe BlackBerry is worried that if they push bb10 to playbook it may cause playbook owners to either delay or not purchase a phone????
    It may just be they don't want to stress the update servers with PlayBook updates when all the new Z10 phones are being sold and using the update servers.
    tjseaman likes this.
    02-01-13 04:00 PM
    Only 11 months to go until launch day @ 31 december 2013 #BB10
    02-01-13 04:19 PM
    The sooner the better for me. I after 3 blackberry's finally couldn't hang any more and snatched up a nexus 4. If BB10 comes to Playbook, and if I'm impressed enough then I'd come comeback. But unless I get some real hands on, it will be hard to switch back. I will say my BB 9810 on T-Mobile got better reception. I want to come back but BB has to bring it all to the table, got tired of what wasn't available.
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    02-01-13 04:46 PM
    Is that Win 8 RT or Win 8 Pro? The Pro sounds nice but I can buy PBs for the whole family (6 of us) for less than one Win8Pro tablet.
    Not to get off topic here but I put WIN 8 on my laptop only to pull it back off a few weeks later. Not very good at all. Glad I have the Playbook and 9930.
    02-01-13 05:14 PM
    Wasn't she on Absolutely Fabulous?
    nope, that's jennifer saunders, and last I checked she was more smoking cigarettes than developing bb10, unless there's an app for that!
    jcbrunson likes this.
    02-01-13 05:14 PM
    nope, that's jennifer saunders, and last I checked she was more smoking cigarettes than developing bb10, unless there's an app for that!
    I'm dying here!!! ROFL like a madman!! hahahahaha...
    02-01-13 05:16 PM
    Mr Alec Saunders you know we are on the second month of the year , we are on february and you said "later this year", that means maybe after 11 months? You should say after a year minus a month.

Sorry cant wait more, going to switch to windows 8 soon
    BYE.... Good luck finding a tablet that allows you to load someone elses OS on their tablet.... Won't be iPad and won't Android tablets and Windows tablets... Good luck trying to install free dos.... Tablets are NOT pc's where you dual/triple boot different OS's
    02-01-13 05:45 PM
    Not to get off topic here but I put WIN 8 on my laptop only to pull it back off a few weeks later. Not very good at all. Glad I have the Playbook and 9930.
    Go to the W8 tablet forums and spend some time. I did and think I'll pass on a W8 tablet. My PB is working just fine for me now and BB10 will just be icing on the cake, whenever it shows up.
    02-01-13 05:50 PM
    I took the opportunity to play around with a Win8 Notebook at Walmart. After about 15 minutes I got pi$$ed off and shut the lid. No wonder they let you upgrade your PC for $39,95 or so.
    Sorry, but that OS is not for me. I gave it a serious try and could not warm up to it at all. The design and layout is horrible and looks like it's made for a toddler...
    02-01-13 06:22 PM
    All I got to say is with my Playbook and OEM Keyboard case connected to my 9810 wifi hotspot using Remote Desktop I don't need to carry a laptop and can work from anywhere. If we get BB10 great if not then I'm still very happy with my Playbook. Got it on day 1 full price and it owes me nothing.
    Uncle Remus and Shane8750 like this.
    02-01-13 06:23 PM
    Is that Win 8 RT or Win 8 Pro? The Pro sounds nice but I can buy PBs for the whole family (6 of us) for less than one Win8Pro tablet.
    Not to sound like an ad bot, but you can get a Win8 Pro 64GB tablet for $500. IIRC, you can get two playbooks for that price, and honestly, might as well buy the Win8 tablet for a superior user experience. Being able to use the desktop like any other PC is exactly what I wanted in a tablet. Meanwhile, my PB has been delegated to a youtube and angry birds player for my 7 year old brother. BB10 better be a freaking amazing, refreshing experience to make me want to use my PB again. And the update better happen very soon, because Ive given plenty of companies a year + to release updates, only to be disappointed after all that wait.
    02-01-13 07:55 PM
    who the **** is Alec Saunders?
    Isn't he the fried chicken guy from Kentucky?
    EricB1968 likes this.
    02-01-13 08:12 PM
    Oh goodie my 2 and half year old PB will be grown up then. How much is a battery replacement?
    Mr Donut likes this.
    02-01-13 08:24 PM
    Here we go again... "later this year" means from last quarter of this year up to Dec. 30... because Dec.31 is already end of the year... but, atleast, BlackBerry gave non-infinite time frame... we are asking for it, so they give it...

Now it's time for us to decide i.e. to wait or to move on... should be simple as that...
    02-01-13 08:34 PM
    I would like to say that this is unacceptable and Blackberry Playbook owners should be doing everything possible to tell Blackberry they have done the wrong thing. If you purchased a Playbook when they were first released, as I did, your hardware will be nearly two years old. Playbook owners have been used as beta testers for that whole time while the kinks were ironed out for BB10, we have waited patiently for updates that were promised, then promised again, such as email and Calendar. We still put up with small niggles in our operating system, legacies of an underdeveloped product.

Blackberry devalued our original investment by heavily discounting the Playbook soon after launch. They promised us that our devices would receive BB10 updates, now you are saying later this year or, as their CEO stated, eventually.

Playbook owners are some of the best brand ambassadors Blackberry has, they are early adopters, advocates and promoters of the brand. I expect that almost every Playbook owner was waiting for their BB10 upgrade to preview the new OS and would almost certainly have purchased a new phone off the back of the upgrade.

Now, they are own a piece of hardware that is nearly two years old, and will have an OS that cannot take advantage of the BB10 ecosystem. At least three new iPads come to the market in this time, including a 7 inch Playbook competitor.

I have been a staunch Blackberry user and advocate, especially within the company I work but I feel that Blackberry have stiffed Playbook owners and we should be angry.

Blackberry can make whatever decisions they want in relation to how they support their customers. But I think they owe Playbook owners for all the reasons I have just mentioned. I was thinking of starting some sort of campaign to draw attention to this issue and now I think I might.

Playbook owners should have seen BB10 released to their devices at launch, at the very least, we should get the upgrade this month. This is an issue of Blackberry treating their loyal customers with the respect they deserve and keeping their word.
    mtint, vmarbell, FF22 and 7 others like this.
    02-01-13 08:42 PM
    The longer it takes the more lost in marketing opportunities not to mention lost in phone sales or any tablet market space for blackberry.
    02-01-13 10:16 PM
    ...what a bunch of pathetic cry babies...
    KasukeSadiki, rjedge54 and mk2234 like this.
    02-01-13 10:30 PM
    This is great news. Woot!

@billydasco
    02-01-13 10:34 PM
    Whatever you buy, as a consumer you are entitled to a reasonable expectation that the company you purchase the product from will support and upgrade the product as promised. Blackberry have failed to do this for the Playbook. Consumers have every right to complain if they did not get what they expected.

I expect that most of the Playbook owners who are now complaining have been staunch advocates of the platform in the past.
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    02-01-13 10:48 PM
    BYE.... Good luck finding a tablet that allows you to load someone elses OS on their tablet.... Won't be iPad and won't Android tablets and Windows tablets... Good luck trying to install free dos.... Tablets are NOT pc's where you dual/triple boot different OS's
    You don't own an HP TouchPad That's the only tablet that can do dual OS boots (one defunct webOS OS and Android). It's nice that it has that option...but you need to be a nerd to install Android on it. Still pretty decent hardware wise too all things considered.
    meohoang194 likes this.
    02-01-13 11:18 PM
    Don't forget this crap either:

Microsoft Windows 8 Surface Pro Features Limited Storage - John Paczkowski - News - AllThingsD
    02-01-13 11:32 PM
    Mr Alec Saunders you know we are on the second month of the year , we are on february and you said "later this year", that means maybe after 11 months? You should say after a year minus a month.

Sorry cant wait more, going to switch to windows 8 soon
    Ok bye.
    02-02-13 12:12 AM
    Have fun on windows8. It's a big paper weight.
    02-02-13 02:43 AM
    Whatever you buy, as a consumer you are entitled to a reasonable expectation that the company you purchase the product from will support and upgrade the product as promised. Blackberry have failed to do this for the Playbook. Consumers have every right to complain if they did not get what they expected.

I expect that most of the Playbook owners who are now complaining have been staunch advocates of the platform in the past.
    You claim you have been a Playbook owner since they were first released. That was April 2011.
    What did BlackBerry (RIM) promise you at that time?
    Since the initial release the OS has had significant updates. I don't remember seeing the promise of BB10 until long after the initial release.

I see a lot of posts where people think they are speaking for the majority of BlackBerry owners. They are not. Most BlackBerry (or any brand) owners think of their device as a phone or tablet and have no idea what an OS is let alone what OS is on it or what OS is coming.
    Sure, us forum members would like to see BB10 on the Playbook but in reality we make up a very small percentage or Playbook owners.
    For example; there are 20 people in my office. 9 of us own Playbooks. 3 of us own more than one. 12 Playbooks in total.
    I am the only one that knows BB10 is destined for the Playbook. The other 8 don't know what BB10 is.
    Actually, in April-May I will have to replace 20 BlackBerrys with new BB10 devices. I can guarantee I will be the only one that will like it. The rest will not like the change but will get used to it.
    02-02-13 06:48 AM
    later this year could still be tmrw...
    02-02-13 07:13 AM
168 1234 ...