Saw a tweet yesterday in which he wrote:

"we have a queue full of updates, some of which are just around the corner"
    Last edited by sagec; 04-01-12 at 02:28 PM.
    00stryder, zma15 and iusebb like this.
    04-01-12 02:08 PM
    and where is the "clarification" part?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-01-12 02:26 PM
    I posted about this already.
    BlackBerry Employees Hinting Game
    sagec likes this.
    04-01-12 02:39 PM
    I posted about this already.
    BlackBerry Employees Hinting Game
    Woops, didn't see that.

Looks like some are speculating an update for this Tuesday... Here's hoping.
    04-01-12 02:45 PM
    I was in land use planning - there blocks known as Superblocks and that corner could be miles away!
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    04-01-12 02:47 PM
    If RIM had a nickle for every variation of "coming soon" they've used....

Seriously, please RIM, if you can't ship it, zip it. Enough.
    direfan, sagec, LewLew23 and 8 others like this.
    04-01-12 02:56 PM
    Lol! Now it's "around the corner." I'll believe it when I see it - and no, I won't be mashing my update button.
    04-01-12 03:03 PM
    Finally "the check's in the mail"
    04-01-12 03:08 PM
    We burned them at the stake when they missed their 2.0 release; I don't blame him for not being more specific.

That being said, if "right around the corner" ends up being weeks I'm going to be irritated.
    zethaaron likes this.
    04-01-12 03:31 PM
    If RIM had a nickle for every variation of "coming soon" they've used....

Seriously, please RIM, if you can't ship it, zip it. Enough.
    ++. RIM is trying to show they are changing things. Don't keep up bad habits. If updates really are just around the corner, then they will show up soon anyway. And if RIM only sends out a couple, then cries of "you said a queue full! when are they coming?" are inevitable.

Man, I think Alec Saunders has promise but he should de-tweet for a bit. He has already done the "got himself into doodoo with an untimely tweet" thing.
    04-01-12 03:34 PM
    Saw a tweet yesterday in which he wrote:

"we have a queue full of updates, some of which are just around the corner"
    Lmao where's the clarified part?
    ambarmetta likes this.
    04-01-12 04:26 PM
    Alec Saunders couldn't clarify butter.
    dennie82, balding1 and dave1701 like this.
    04-01-12 04:30 PM
    When they update we complain.
    When they delay to put out a product that they feel is good we complain.
    When they don't update weekly we complain.
    When they tell us a update is coming we complain.
    Who wants there job? Trying to satisfy a bunch of complainers.
    My playbook works pretty good the way it is. I am excited that they are trying to make it better.
    04-01-12 04:42 PM
    My playbook works pretty good the way it is. I am excited that they are trying to make it better.
    One way of looking at it.
    Or
    When they claim an advantage of QNX is regular frequent updates and then release an update a year down the line, we complain.
    When said update brings quite awful native email, so inferior to BBOS equivalents its just sad, we complain.
    When the update breaks the stability of the browser meaning the biggest positive point of the PlayBook is busted we complain.
    When the big selling point of the OS is a development tool called Cascades that has been teased for a long long time and still isn't in developers hands this close to BB10s release, we complain.
    And when the people hired to bring the apps to the ecosystem do little more than buy custom T shirts and give away free products to devalue them while bringing in not one decent app, we complain.
    If we didn't complain, can you imagine what would happen? Pretending everything is just fine won't get customers coming back to BB, someone has to complain, and someone high up has to realise they need to get their finger out if they want to be competitive.
    04-01-12 05:05 PM
    It is not a non-profit, we are paying customers, they are professionals and that kind of jobs gets done on other platforms.
    kevinnugent and Goldwing07 like this.
    04-01-12 05:06 PM
    When they claim an advantage of QNX is regular frequent updates and then release an update a year down the line, we complain.
    not being funny, but thats a heck of an achievment.

PlayBook was released on the 19th of april 2011. that is less that a year ago. now im not sure(iv had 4 betas so lost a lil count) but havent there been at least 4 updates for the OS?
    04-01-12 05:12 PM
    Alec Saunders couldn't clarify butter.
    Ghee, I mean GEE, you really think so? He could use that clarified butter on the slippery slopes these non-releases slide down.
    Rob Robertson likes this.
    04-01-12 05:23 PM

PlayBook was released on the 19th of april 2011. that is less that a year ago. now im not sure(iv had 4 betas so lost a lil count) but havent there been at least 4 updates for the OS?
    Yeah yeah, the enhanced Airplane Mode update was great!

Released with no native Email, PIN, etc, nearly a year later the software is so slow I can go to open it and in the same time it opens, sync, then displays the email, I've unlocked my phone, replied to the email, put it back in my pocket. Nothing is instant anymore.

Inferior updates in comparison to the 'old', 'outdated' OS is hardly an achievement that's going to get customers to buy their products.

They are so slow at getting up to to speed with BBOS, let alone the competition. Heck BBOS 5 is quicker and it runs on much slower hardware!

I have little faith in BB10 atm.
    balding1 and bobauckland like this.
    04-01-12 05:31 PM

I haven't kept detailed records, nor have I Googled, but there was the original, then at least a 1.0.1, 1.0.3, 1.05 (?), 1.0.6 I think, 1.0.7.2670, 1.0.7.2942, 1.0.8.4985, at least 5 2.0.0 betas, and then 2.0.0.7971.

Seems like a fair number of updates in less than a year, if you ask me... in fact, an average (not counting the betas) of at least one update no less often than every 50 days.

On average that's better than one update every two months (and one per month for the real whiners, who would surely have been trying every beta that came out).
    04-01-12 05:34 PM

Speaking of betas, when is the next one coming out? I wouldn't mind playing with a 'less stable' beta release until an official update comes out.
    04-01-12 05:37 PM
    Or
    When said update brings quite awful native email, so inferior to BBOS equivalents its just sad, we complain.
    When the update breaks the stability of the browser meaning the biggest positive point of the PlayBook is busted we complain.
    When the big selling point of the OS is a development tool called Cascades that has been teased for a long long time and still isn't in developers hands this close to BB10s release, we complain.
    And when the people hired to bring the apps to the ecosystem do little more than buy custom T shirts and give away free products to devalue them while bringing in not one decent app, we complain.
    If we didn't complain, can you imagine what would happen? Pretending everything is just fine won't get customers coming back to BB, someone has to complain, and someone high up has to realise they need to get their finger out if they want to be competitive.
    I hope you found something about the playbook You like.
    taylor96 likes this.
    04-01-12 05:40 PM
    I hope you found something about the playbook You like.
    I did, Bridge. Not just internet sharing, but the shared functionality.
    I also liked the browser. A lot.
    Not so much since the update, since it crashes all the time.
    I love my 9900. My PlayBook doesn't get used much at the moment because my 9900 is just faster at everything and better at most things than my PlayBook. That does not bode well for BB10.
    I want RIM to do well. But if PlayBook OS2 is an advanced beta for BB10, they have serious problems in every department.
    Pretending those problems don't exist is not in RIMs best interest at all.
    Hgouck likes this.
    04-01-12 05:48 PM
    The guy in charge of the updates, went out the door last week and took the updates with him.
    04-01-12 06:10 PM
    Or
    OS 2.0 wasn't the only update, there were updates with reasonable frequency long before OS 2.0
    And am I the only one who's sick of people complaining about the native email? You can sideload android email onto your playbook now and test it out, it's the saddest piece of garbage I've ever seen in my life, and I for one am glad we've got a client that's about 80 times better.
    While this doesn't make the browser instability okay, I still want to point out that it was unstable for many before OS2.
    Cascades is just that, a development tool, so unless you need it to port one of your apps over, which you don't because there are no apps that use anything too similar, then you really can't complain other than just it would be fun to start developing on it. The average consumer who doesn't develop apps really can't sit around complaining about things like this, and even for devs, as I stated above, it's being more than a little picky.
    If you're referring to the free PlayBook for developers deal, then you should see that that brought in so many new developers, in fact, solar system explorer, and exoplanet explorer, were both only ported because of the promise of a free PlayBook, something which their developer freely admits, and those are top quality apps. Not to mention the fact that I, as a developer who got one of those PlayBooks, gave it away to someone in my family, and let me tell you you'd have to pry it from his cold dead hands, so it also got the PlayBook some publicity towards the public, if nothing else just because more people had them thanks to the deal. That promotion helped.
    04-01-12 07:29 PM
    I couldn't have said it better. Man you're so right!
    Hgouck and rshew like this.
    04-01-12 08:50 PM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD