okay, so i put a selection of music onto my Playbook, copypasta over wifi, simple as it could be, but then...

only about 30% have album art. so i got a .Jpg of one of the albums, and put it into the music folder and all of a sudden, every song, every artist, every album, has that image.

so i delete the image from the folder, back to normal...

now, every track is just in the music folder, does this mean i have to organise my music into seperate subfolders and put an image in each folder that doesnt have artwork? i figured this would be the case, but on 3000 jumbled tracks its a LOT of work, so wondering if theres an easier/quicker way?
    03-14-12 10:28 AM
    How about add the album art into the songs using software or purchase original musics (most of them come with album art)

Maybe you also can use windows media player to sort the songs and put the jpg inside the folder
    03-14-12 10:32 AM
    okay, so i put a selection of music onto my Playbook, copypasta over wifi, simple as it could be, but then...

only about 30% have album art. so i got a .Jpg of one of the albums, and put it into the music folder and all of a sudden, every song, every artist, every album, has that image.

so i delete the image from the folder, back to normal...

now, every track is just in the music folder, does this mean i have to organise my music into seperate subfolders and put an image in each folder that doesnt have artwork? i figured this would be the case, but on 3000 jumbled tracks its a LOT of work, so wondering if theres an easier/quicker way?
    Yes, you have to have your music organized by folder by album, with a .jpg file called folder.jpg in each album folder if you are going to do it the copy and paste way.

Far easier is to organize your music on your computer with a program like mp3 tag, which will allow you to include the album art as part of the tag.

You have work ahead of you no matter which route you choose, though. The problem is simply that you have let your music collection get to the point where only 30% have album art. Completely your bad. Just downloading the album art is only the initial part of cleaning the mess up.
    03-14-12 10:37 AM
    thats the thing that really confuses me, every single one of these songs is ripped directly from the CD, no illegal music at all, and there is no connection at all as to which ones have art and which dont, my Dumb and Dumber OST from 1994 has full album art, soulfly Enslaved which i picked up when it was released, about a week ago, nothing...
    03-14-12 10:39 AM
    It depends on your ripping software. It's likely retrieving album art from some community edited database that doesn't have every album.

I suggest changing your CD ripping software to not dump everything into one folder; that's a real pain for management. I have my collection set up as Music/[Album Artist]/[Album Name]/[Track #] - [Track Artist]: [Song Name].flac/mp3

Each of the [Album Name] folders has a folder.jpg inside it with the album artwork. Some files have the art embedded in the tags too, but the folder.jpg system is by far the most compatible.
    03-14-12 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD