So I have a PlayBook for over a year now and love using it as a media player. I've loaded my music onto it via copy and pasting from Windows and it's been working great since day 1. About half of my music had album art already embedded and about half didn't as a result of software used for ripping over the years. Now the PlayBook displayed whatever there was perfectly (in some cases better than my Z10 actually), and has been consistent in it for the past year.

Now a really interesting thing happened within the last couple of days. I am noticing a significantly higher number of my albums and tracks now have album art attached to them compared to before. It's like the PlayBook went and downloaded the cover album art itself!? That's a pleasant surprise and useful feature if that's true! I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced the same thing?
    11-16-13 02:56 PM
    So I have a PlayBook for over a year now and love using it as a media player. I've loaded my music onto it via copy and pasting from Windows and it's been working great since day 1. About half of my music had album art already embedded and about half didn't as a result of software used for ripping over the years. Now the PlayBook displayed whatever there was perfectly (in some cases better than my Z10 actually), and has been consistent in it for the past year.

Now a really interesting thing happened within the last couple of days. I am noticing a significantly higher number of my albums and tracks now have album art attached to them compared to before. It's like the PlayBook went and downloaded the cover album art itself!? That's a pleasant surprise and useful feature if that's true! I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced the same thing?
    It can be embedded in the Tag or added as a jpg in the folder with the tracks. However it really depends how it is moved between devices and the actual device as to what is required for art to display.

I think the Info was always there it's just the PB does a better job of displaying it than what ever else you were using!
    11-18-13 07:33 AM