I'm experiencing an annoying issue since I started using the airplane mode...

Everytime I switch it off, ky was released network comments nnected but my Google accounts tell me my playbook is not connected to any network. I tried switching the wireless on and off, doesn't change anything.

Browsing works fine, Blaq works fine... Only the damn Google accounts will not connect/sync and tells me my PlayBook isn't on any network...

The only way I can get my Gmail accounts �connected� again is by rebooting the playbook.

This seems only to be happening with my Gmail accounts, my twitter and Facebook accounts are connected fine.

Anyone else experienced this?
    03-07-12 06:16 PM
    Yes! That is exactly the problem I am having save the airplane mode. My Gmail account fails to connect most of the time now. It is NEVER connecting when in Wifi and only occasionally when bridged to my 9900. I have tried setting it up as an EAS account, IMAP, Gmail, POP etc etc etc and they all wont set up because it doesn't seem to recognize the network connection despite everything else connecting just fine.
    03-13-12 08:24 AM
    metz9444, is your problem the gmail password problem, which many have seen? I.e., needs captcha verification, or not a strong password. See this post

| http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7182238

The link discusses EAS accounts, but I imagine that the same problem would affect IMAP & POP accounts, too. I think the PlayBook gmail setup is just EAS. Note that only EAS accounts can work when you are bridged, the bridged connection does not transmit POP and IMAP communication.
    03-13-12 02:40 PM
    I set up my Gmail account on my BB phone email setup not on my PB. I have never had a problem with it connecting and the messages are always on my phone but viewable on the playbook when bridged.
    03-13-12 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD