I understand American Airlines moved all AM on ipads. But how about Air Canada where BB should be "a king of the hill"?

enRoute | I heard iPads may replace hard-copy materials inflight?? what are the advantages?

And you are talking about "great marketing team" at BB?
    12-23-12 01:27 PM
    So because a random 3rd party has decided to use/trial a different companies product which comes from a different country somehow that means that the competitive products company that comes from the same country as the 3rd party doesn't have a good marketing team..

I am afraid there is no connection /thread over.
    timboalogo and BB_Bmore like this.
    12-23-12 02:05 PM
    The iPad has quickly become the standard tablet that airlines are switching to as part of going to a paperless airline. They are much more widely available than the PlayBook (or other tablets) so that if something were to happen to one of the devices out in the field, it would be easier to get serviced or replaced. One may not be able to pop into a local electronics retailer and buy a PlayBook or Nexus.

Even restaurants are using iPads to replace the traditional menu.
    12-23-12 05:53 PM
    The iPad has quickly become the standard tablet that airlines are switching to as part of going to a paperless airline. They are much more widely available than the PlayBook (or other tablets) so that if something were to happen to one of the devices out in the field, it would be easier to get serviced or replaced. One may not be able to pop into a local electronics retailer and buy a PlayBook or Nexus.
    You do realize that any organization beyond a small business is not going to pop into a consumer electronic retail outlet to buy a replacement device be it a computer, a smartphone, or a tablet. The business would have an account manager and service level agreements that usually covers repairs and/or replacement of defective or non-functional equipment. Research In Motion should have been targeting healthcare, logistical and transportation, travel and education markets when the BlackBerry PlayBook was nearing public availability in early 2011; with applications specific to their needs including leveraging the connectivity afforded by BlackBerry Bridge. The utter failure of RIM's client relations and marketing teams clearly points to deep-rooted problems within the organization. We all had high expectations for Thorsten Heins in early 2012 and he had achieved some notable milestones but many of the same problems persist within the hallowed halls of corporate headquarters and even in some of their global offices.
    wired cleric and MTL like this.
    12-23-12 07:51 PM
    I understand American Airlines moved all AM on ipads. But how about Air Canada where BB should be "a king of the hill"?

enRoute | I heard iPads may replace hard-copy materials inflight?? what are the advantages?

I left comment at this link. Playbook is more than capable to do the work and it is local and cheap. No excuse to let it tested at least
    12-24-12 12:10 AM
    Because there are a lot of business people, even IT departments, that believe RIM is done. That they won't be around 6 months from now.
    I don't believe that and neither do many others but RIM has to overcome that stigma before corporations are going to take a chance on fully depending on RIM devices.
    RIM is trying to hang on to what they have.
    12-24-12 04:48 AM
    Personally, I feel for business, RIM should push the robustness of the PlayBook, but surely for business usage, it's security and encryption capabilities have got to be an USP?
    12-24-12 05:04 AM
    every BB phone user was a potential PB customer, but RIM did such a lousy job to work with the phone carrier to sell them in a bundle
    I never received from T-Mobile USA or from RIM any email offering me the PB as bundle for a special price
    no carrier in the US offered the PB, even the rumor that print will offer the LTE version died
    so how the **** did RIM expect to sell a tablet with had no native email, and had to be linked to a BB phone, and not get the US phone carriers involved
    plus selling a 7 inch tablet for the same price as a 10 inch Apple or Android, what were they thinking?
    they should have given it away for half price to all BB7 user to get a base
    look what Amazon did with the first kindle ...................... they gave it away
    I remember I paid $499 end of Laborday 2011, down from $699 plus a had some Staples rewards and credit, so I have only to pay about $400
    But I still think RIM owns me something, like a voucher for the next BB10 phone, a lot of us overpaid for our BB and we never got a letter from RIM
    12-24-12 03:42 PM
    I have both an iPad and a Playbook as a pilot. The primary reason the iPad is being used as an Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) is that is has the necessary applications available such as Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck & FliteDeck Pro. RIM Playbook App World has very little to support an aviator; wish it did!
    12-24-12 03:53 PM