After the new update I noticed that some apps were not working, most had black screens. Eventually the apps began to work again. Today I went to use the camera... Blank screen for both front and rear...anyone experience this?
    04-04-14 09:13 PM
    When i tried using video calling cameras not working then went to camera app pop up message saying camera used by other application.

Need help!
    04-04-14 09:53 PM
    front and rear camera work, foto and video no problems
    clear cache, and restart pb
    04-04-14 11:23 PM
    I got a message that the camera was in use by another program, also just got the Camera Error - error.4003 picture..I cleaned the cache, restarted but now this. I wonder if I need to do a full reset. The camera was working pre update.
    04-05-14 10:09 AM
    Funny the video chat app, the camera works????
    04-05-14 10:13 AM
    Maybe its a problem of that update, try loading a leak

Sent from my XT1058 using CB Forums mobile app
    04-05-14 10:13 AM
    All my video and camera functions work properly after the update.
    04-05-14 12:16 PM
    I opened up video chat and everything looked fine. It could be an android app that is using your camera app in the background.
    04-05-14 01:25 PM
    This is so odd, I decided to do a clean install of the OS. I am now back up and running, but still no camera from the camera app, I am now getting the camera is being used by another program. My clean install, there are no imported android apps on the playbook currently. Very odd. BTW, on a clean install of the OS, I am now missing the video store......if it is not one thing, its another
    04-05-14 02:35 PM
    Lol I thought you were talking about a bb 10 .-.

04-06-14 05:01 PM
    After the new update I noticed that some apps were not working, most had black screens. Eventually the apps began to work again. Today I went to use the camera... Blank screen for both front and rear...anyone experience this?
    I am having the same problem after update.
    When I try to video chat it says: another application is using the camera. Please close the other application and try again. If I close the note I can make a video call but there is no video on the other persons PlayBook. If I go to the camera app it works on rear camera but as soon as I switch it to front camera it goes black. If I take a picture error.4003 picture pops up. When I switch from rear to front camera It will not switch back. I have to close the app an reopen it to get rear camera to come on. I tried removing all apps but the stock ones, didn't change anything. Did a security wipe, didn't change anything. Reloaded OS and again didn't change. Any suggestions?
    04-16-14 12:16 PM
    I am having the same problem after update.
    When I try to video chat it says: another application is using the camera. Please close the other application and try again. If I close the note I can make a video call but there is no video on the other persons PlayBook. If I go to the camera app it works on rear camera but as soon as I switch it to front camera it goes black. If I take a picture error.4003 picture pops up. When I switch from rear to front camera It will not switch back. I have to close the app an reopen it to get rear camera to come on. I tried removing all apps but the stock ones, didn't change anything. Did a security wipe, didn't change anything. Reloaded OS and again didn't change. Any suggestions?
    4003 error is hardware fault and there is not much you can do about it. Someone posted about pulling the cover off and discovering the ribbon cable was the issue from being creased/stressed. He indicated that he could get the camera to work with the cover off but not once he put it back on.

RIM had been fixing this out of warranty but I think they quit doing so. You might want to give Jakarta a call and see.
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-16-14 12:45 PM
    4003 error is hardware fault and there is not much you can do about it. Someone posted about pulling the cover off and discovering the ribbon cable was the issue from being creased/stressed. He indicated that he could get the camera to work with the cover off but not once he put it back on.

RIM had been fixing this out of warranty but I think they quit doing so. You might want to give Jakarta a call and see.
    Just seems funny that it happened after an update and I'm not the only one that it happened to.
    04-16-14 12:53 PM
    Just seems funny that it happened after an update and I'm not the only one that it happened to.
    I recall it happened to several folks after the second to last update as well.
    04-16-14 02:21 PM
    I recall it happened to several folks after the second to last update as well.
    Luck of the draw I guess. I have checked my other PlayBooks and there fine.
    04-16-14 02:30 PM
    Lol I thought you were talking about a bb 10 .-.

I thought the same thing, those issues are identical to my q5. The main difference being my q5 is under warranty, so I sent it in to get looked at.
    Oh, plus no android apps on my q5 to possibly blame.
    04-16-14 11:50 PM