1. tarektoverso's Avatar
    I didn't use it heavily. Only 5 times to browse the web. But still, it is an amazing performance.

    Is it normal ?
    11-12-12 01:37 PM
  2. PyroJames's Avatar
    That sounds about right. If you want your PB charge to last longer, turn off wifi and blutooth when your PB is in standby. Also, turning down the screen brightness helps too.
    11-12-12 02:11 PM
  3. brucep1's Avatar
    I didn't use it heavily. Only 5 times to browse the web. But still, it is an amazing performance.

    Is it normal ?
    That battery indicator doesn't seem to be very accurate for me. The other night I got a warning I was at 9%, just doing some light web browsing. It was dead about 5 minutes later. No way that battery had 9% left when it said it did.
    11-12-12 02:32 PM
  4. tarektoverso's Avatar
    Sorry, I didn't make my phrase clear enough.
    What I meant is that that my battery has dropped only by 6%, so the remaining battery was 94% after 24 hours. Which is pretty impressive.
    11-12-12 03:48 PM
  5. mikeo007's Avatar
    Sorry, I didn't make my phrase clear enough.
    What I meant is that that my battery has dropped only by 6%, so the remaining battery was 94% after 24 hours. Which is pretty impressive.
    How much did you actually use it in 24 hrs? It should be able to sit in standby for weeks before it discharges completely.
    11-12-12 03:49 PM
  6. kbz1960's Avatar
    That is pretty normal for mine with only using it a few minutes for a few times.
    11-12-12 04:02 PM
  7. BB_Bmore's Avatar
    OP are you on .1088?
    11-12-12 05:12 PM
  8. FF22's Avatar
    How much did you actually use it in 24 hrs? It should be able to sit in standby for weeks before it discharges completely.
    I am not sure how long it lasts on Standby but my second pb does not last anywhere near that long on Standby. Maybe a week and I don't even think that long.
    11-12-12 05:22 PM
  9. mikeo007's Avatar
    I am not sure how long it lasts on Standby but my second pb does not last anywhere near that long on Standby. Maybe a week and I don't even think that long.
    Strange, mine has definitely sat for over a week and still been around 80%. I don't have any email accounts linked though, so that may help.
    11-12-12 05:31 PM
  10. tarektoverso's Avatar
    OP are you on .1088?
    Yes. I am on the latest update. That is 1088
    11-12-12 05:50 PM
  11. FF22's Avatar
    Strange, mine has definitely sat for over a week and still been around 80%. I don't have any email accounts linked though, so that may help.
    Wifi is ON. BT is off. No mail is setup on it.
    11-12-12 06:18 PM
  12. amrovi2014's Avatar
    Both of my PlayBook last a long time in standby mode and with heavy use about 7 hours. I am happy with both products.
    peter9477 likes this.
    11-12-12 09:37 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Worried charged my playbook for more than 10 hours
    By kmflame in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-11-11, 04:20 AM
  2. battery dieing within hours of full charge
    By ncosta in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-11, 05:46 PM
  3. My review - after 24 hours use NOT 1!
    By Dnallov in forum Storm Rants & Raves Forum
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 01-25-09, 08:47 PM
  4. My review - after 24 hours use NOT 1!
    By Dnallov in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 01-25-09, 08:47 PM
  5. First impression of Bold after 24 hours.
    By stevefo in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-08-08, 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD