I hadn't noticed any issues from the 2.1 update on my device until I ran into something odd last night. I went to enter a password on a WiFi network, and when I click in the password field the cursor is there and ready to type.... but the keyboard doesn't pop up. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

I have used the network in the past, and it's the same configuration as what I have at home (it's at my parents). So I don't think it's anything related to connections.
    10-08-12 05:56 AM
    I have had similar experiences with my PB but cant explain why its happening. not only wifi passwords but web surfing as well. Even typing to this forum i have had the issue. i find the keyboard very finicky in general. it doesnt always recognize where sentances begin and end (i.e. caps and periods) and it hasnt been giving me the predictive text. no punctuation is showing up. completely frustrating.

i have been very patient with RIM but this is such basic functionality loss that shouldnt be happening. my first gen ipad isnt exactly a star anymore but this issue never shows up there.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-08-12 07:59 AM
    I have had similar experiences with my PB but cant explain why its happening. not only wifi passwords but web surfing as well. Even typing to this forum i have had the issue. i find the keyboard very finicky in general. it doesnt always recognize where sentances begin and end (i.e. caps and periods) and it hasnt been giving me the predictive text. no punctuation is showing up. completely frustrating.

i have been very patient with RIM but this is such basic functionality loss that shouldnt be happening. my first gen ipad isnt exactly a star anymore but this issue never shows up there.
    So far I have only run into in the WiFi settings, but I haven't played around a ton yet since updating to 2.1. It definitely was not happening before the update though.
    10-08-12 09:36 AM
    I have the browser set to load my home page (yahoo) on startup.
    Often, immediately after yahoo loads, when I click the adddress bar to type a new address the keyboard comes up but it does not respond to typing. I have to touch outside the address bar to cancel, and then touch on it again to bring the keyboard back to try again. I think it has always worked on the second try , though
    11-03-12 09:18 AM
    Yes it has done this to me at different times on all OS versions anywhere the keyboard is used.
    11-03-12 09:49 AM
    Happens to me also...all the time
    11-03-12 10:51 AM
    Does anyones keyboard lag when typing? Happens to me all the time and drives me crazy.
    11-03-12 11:01 AM
    Some one mentioned this fix on another thread and so far it as worked for me....

Go to change the settings > Keyboard > keyboard type > QWERTY. After that, restart your PlayBook.
    Last edited by wellis1840; 11-03-12 at 02:16 PM.
    11-03-12 11:13 AM
    Some mentioned this fix on another thread and so far it as worked for me....

Go to change the settings > Keyboard > keyboard type > QWERTY. After that, restart your PlayBook.
    Thanks, I will give it a try. It is an annoying problem.
    11-03-12 11:53 AM