Anyone else have this problem and is there a fix for it? My browser keeps freezing or crashing and just closing altogether. I can't even use the internet on my tablet anymore because it's just too frustrating! I'm ready to throw this thing against the wall as I was using my Playbook more than my laptop. I'm back to using my laptop now.

At first my browser was just crashing and closing. Now it just freezes and there is nothing I can do but close the browser and start over again only for it to crash again. I wish I had never downloaded the update.
    dtppcman likes this.
    10-08-12 08:37 AM
    I'm having the the same problem but to lesser extent. Just last night I tried using the browser for Facebook (because the app keeps crashing) and it was such a pain. Something is amiss with this OS upgrade.
    10-08-12 09:26 AM
    Having same problem. Sad thing is, I ran 2.1 beta when it was available and had no issues what-so-ever. After updating, I seem to be in the same boat as you with the browser freezes. And DITTO on the wall action.
    10-08-12 09:27 AM
    Try clearing the cache, swipe down /tap settings gear/privacy and security.
    10-08-12 09:34 AM
    Alright, first off, have you tried clearing the cache and resting your playbook. For any browser upgrade it is normal to have to do this on any device or pc. The cache can become corrupted which can cause instabilities or even memory leaks. If that doesn't work then try wiping it. These are large operating system upgrades, on par with upgrading windows from xp to vista or at a minimum of adding the service packs, like going from xp to xp sp1. With upgrades like this it is possible to upgrade with very little problems, if any at all, but the more changes you make to the system before hand the more likely there is a chance for something to go wrong. Unfortunately this is a very complicated programming process. Often the best thing you can do is back up your info on your device and then wipe the device. Not the solution most people want to hear, but it's a reality. Same thing happens with ios upgrades or android upgrades, so it's not specific to the playbook.
    Best of luck guys.
    10-08-12 09:48 AM
    Yes, I was browsing this site on my playbook day after my upgrade. The browser crashed 6 to 7 times in a row. Did nothing about it, and it went away. So far it happens once after the consecutive crashed. I have to say while I was on the beta upgrade, the browser does crash occasionally. I'm not too concern about it at this point as it seems to happen lesser and lesser.
    10-08-12 10:11 AM
    My browser was closing on me constantly right after I updated to 2.1. After several reboots, things seem to be working fine again. Think it just needs to settle a bit.
    10-08-12 11:44 AM
    Anyone else have this problem and is there a fix for it? My browser keeps freezing or crashing and just closing altogether. I can't even use the internet on my tablet anymore because it's just too frustrating! I'm ready to throw this thing against the wall as I was using my Playbook more than my laptop. I'm back to using my laptop now.

At first my browser was just crashing and closing. Now it just freezes and there is nothing I can do but close the browser and start over again only for it to crash again. I wish I had never downloaded the update.
    10-08-12 12:34 PM
    Yes and some contacts have gone and things are clunky and I'm very disappointed
    10-08-12 12:36 PM
    My browser became pretty slow after I upgraded to 1.0.6.xxx

I backed up my shared folder, copied my bookmarks into my BB memopad via bridge, and did a factory repair with Desktop Mananger. In other words, a clean restart. I upgraded to the latest OS, and tested the browser. After confirming everything was smooth again, I copied back my personal content and reinstalled my apps, one by one (this also made me realize that I didn't need them all at that time, and I can reinstall the ones I need on the way).

Anyway, that fixed it for me.

ps. If you are going to do this, make sure content from apps like Groovy Notes, or other apps that create content, get properly backed up first.
    10-08-12 12:48 PM
    Had the same issues.....went to settings and cleared all and now working just fine.
    10-14-12 02:36 PM
    Well Guys,

Not to sure if everything went well with this upgrade; the thing with my playbook is even worse.

The basic apps keep freezing, here i mean messaging, browser, youtube, and not to speak of the android apps yet.
    Am afraid to start them.

I upgraded from the beta to official 2.1 release, so i maybe have to just do a clean reinstall of the playbook,

Too bad though, i had hoped, that the final release would be better then the beta, at least the beta was more stable, hihihihi

Regards,

Davin
    10-16-12 03:33 AM
    Likewise. Browser freezes and crash most of the time. Hope RIM fix this...
    10-16-12 06:59 AM
    Well Guys,

Not to sure if everything went well with this upgrade; the thing with my playbook is even worse.

The basic apps keep freezing, here i mean messaging, browser, youtube, and not to speak of the android apps yet.
    Am afraid to start them.

I upgraded from the beta to official 2.1 release, so i maybe have to just do a clean reinstall of the playbook,

Too bad though, i had hoped, that the final release would be better then the beta, at least the beta was more stable, hihihihi

Regards,

Davin
    It certainly sounds like something went wrong with your update because I don't have any of those problems. Hate to say it but maybe a wipe and clean install is your only option. Sure hope you get these issues resolved.
    10-16-12 10:14 AM
    Is a clean install the only solution? I am continously clearing all in the browser settings but my problems extend beyond the browser. The new unity games crash on launch, Endomondo crashes when reviewing maps of my workouts and my playbook has been rather tempermental since the 2.1 upgrade. The .1088 has not improved anything.

Any help or other suggestions?

Finished doing a security wipe and still having crashing problems. It seems like the amount of memory allocated to apps has been reduced during one of the recent OS upgrades.
    Last edited by Just Me; 10-27-12 at 02:46 PM.
    10-26-12 07:02 PM
    My browser freezes immediately when I open it, and I can't get back to the playbook's home screen. I can swipe from the top right corner and see settings and such, but can't actually minimize the browser then close it. My video app also freezes regularly before the icons even load. I then have to do a complete reboot which everyone knows takes over 2 minutes...it's very frustrating and I regret ever buying a playbook...should've gotten an Android tablet instead. No wonder why RIM is going down..
    10-30-12 12:11 PM
    2.1 beta was ok
    2.1 official worked well
    .1088 has screwed it up again

As for the post above claiming that it's just cache needing to be cleared, that's horse manure. .1088 is the fail.
    jefflichty likes this.
    10-30-12 12:39 PM
    2.1 beta was ok
    2.1 official worked well
    .1088 has screwed it up again

As for the post above claiming that it's just cache needing to be cleared, that's horse manure. .1088 is the fail.
    I truly believe that some are having problems with this update. However some are not, myself included. I don't know what the variables are that create so many different end results, but .1088 was not a fail for me. Hope you can get to the bottom of your problems.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-30-12 01:17 PM
    I truly believe that some are having problems with this update. However some are not, myself included. I don't know what the variables are that create so many different end results, but .1088 was not a fail for me. Hope you can get to the bottom of your problems.
    Same here. 1088 just works. Battery life is fine. Email etc works fine. So does the bridge. Browser works real good!!!
    10-30-12 06:23 PM
    I have the same problems with brower crashes as the rest of you describe since I did the .1088 update.
    PB crashes most when on Crackberry.com and starting yesterday morning News Republic is givng me grief - BUT - only on the saved bookmark "Blackberry".
    I find this very strange - (almost as if there is a planted bug in the system, but that does not seem to be a reasonable idea).
    Have tried the suggestion of going to Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Clear All.

No noticable improvements and it still crashes in News Republic.
    Just tried to log into Crackberry.com and as soon as I tried it crashed and went back to the home screen.

.1032 worked fine as far as I could tell - I am not happy with what has happened in .1088.
    [B]
    Can someone give me the step by step on how to roll back to .1032??[/B]
    NC427
    10-30-12 06:38 PM
    Mine was doing the exact same thing. got really frusterated. I turned off javascript and voila, problem solved, and man do pages ever load fast. I am really not in the mood, nor do i have time to do a full wipe on my pb right now, so this solution works for me. i know it is not a good fix but it does work. most of my crashing issues was on Crackberry.com as well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-30-12 06:48 PM
    thanks... i was primarily crashing on crackberry too. very frustrating, cause i love crackberry. i followed your advice, turned off javascript, and i haven't crashed since.
    10-30-12 08:22 PM
    No problem. I don't think it is the proper way to fix it as the playbook is suppose to be able to handle having it on. I think another poster is correct when they mentioned the memory allocation has been changed in this update. I hope they release another small update to correct this problem, but all we can do is wait and see what happens. It is frustrating but I don't believe RIM can test every possible aspect of their os before they release it. I believe they have to leaving some testing to us. Just gonna make BB10 all is he better when it arrives.
    10-30-12 09:29 PM
    Hmm... I too had browser crash a couple times after 1088 update. But It had happened to me before and clearing cache always worked and it worked the same this time too. The only problem (and I just found this out) is I cant play Power Pong anymore. I liked Power Pong.
    10-30-12 10:58 PM
    You know, as much as I hate to say it, this reminds me of a situation I encountered as a developer. It was a situation in which I was working with a spaghetti bowl of code. I would fix something only to break something else. It was a nightmare to work in. When changes worked I was forced to not make any sudden movements when backing away from the code because it was so temperamental. I hope this isn't the case with the Playbook. However, their quality control hasn't been that satisfactory which indicates that they might not truly understand what they are working with and how the code operates yet just as I with that mess I was forced to deal with. I really hope I'm wrong, but their track record hasn't been that great and to miss yet another major bug such as a reoccurring browser crash from a quite a few individuals doesn't suggest that I'm talking out of my rear section.

Not a good sign in my opinion.
    10-31-12 01:18 AM
27 12