What will happen after OS 2.1, will there be a 2.2 or it will just go straight to BB10?

-Sent straight from my BlackBerry� PlayBook�.
    Last edited by wavin; 06-20-12 at 01:05 AM.
    06-20-12 01:02 AM
    PlayBook OS3
    wavin likes this.
    06-20-12 01:42 AM
    BB10 most likely. 2.2 or 3.0 would be fairly idiotic and go against the "one vision, one OS" thing. Especially if 2.2/3.0 was released after BB10
    wavin likes this.
    06-20-12 01:54 AM
    First Complete OS 2.1 after that I think OS 3 (preparations for BB10) and then BB10
    wavin likes this.
    06-20-12 03:59 AM
    I'll tell you the truth.. First it's OS2.1 by end of the month.. then August 31st would be OS3 which would give a preview of the BB10 but the OS would still look like PB OS2.0 and then finally by November/December, the PB would get BB10..
    Harryl6134 and wavin like this.
    06-20-12 04:40 AM
    Wait, I thought OS3 was BB10?
    06-20-12 07:42 AM
    BB10 most likely. 2.2 or 3.0 would be fairly idiotic and go against the "one vision, one OS" thing. Especially if 2.2/3.0 was released after BB10
    And you just highlighted the underlying problem, nay stupidity, of naming the next BlackBerry operating system with an incremental number. BlackBerry/X, for example, would be version agnostic in that you could have BlackBerry/X (Version 1.0) BlackBerry/X (Version 1.1) while still referring to the platform as BlackBerry/X. At least I will give Apple management credit for naming their reborn operating system Apple OS/X and simply increment the version number not the name. If the smartphone and tablet have different names that will only confuse the consumer, both individual and institutional.
    wavin and Harryl6134 like this.
    06-20-12 07:51 AM
    I'll tell you the truth.. First it's OS2.1 by end of the month.. then August 31st would be OS3 which would give a preview of the BB10 but the OS would still look like PB OS2.0 and then finally by November/December, the PB would get BB10..
    Sorry to burst your oracle but BlackBerry 10 is NOT being previewed on the BlackBerry PlayBook because Thorsten said it would be released sometime AFTER the release of the first BlackBerry 10 smartphone. Do not expect to see it on the tablet before Spring 2013. These clowns cannot deliver innovation and their so-called laser focus is akin to a scatter particle graph. Latest rumors have the release date of the first BlackBerry 10 smartphone slated for December 27th. I enjoy using the BlackBerry smartphones and tablets but I do not believe anything management or its minions say anymore. The most loyal and ardent supporters of Research In Motion, the company, and BlackBerry, the brand, have a right to be skeptical at this point.
    wavin likes this.
    06-20-12 08:00 AM
    Do you have a source?

Latest rumors have the release date of the first BlackBerry 10 smartphone slated for December 27th.
    wavin likes this.
    06-20-12 08:42 AM
    Sorry to burst your oracle but BlackBerry 10 is NOT being previewed on the BlackBerry PlayBook because Thorsten said it would be released sometime AFTER the release of the first BlackBerry 10 smartphone. Do not expect to see it on the tablet before Spring 2013. These clowns cannot deliver innovation and their so-called laser focus is akin to a scatter particle graph. Latest rumors have the release date of the first BlackBerry 10 smartphone slated for December 27th. I enjoy using the BlackBerry smartphones and tablets but I do not believe anything management or its minions say anymore. The most loyal and ardent supporters of Research In Motion, the company, and BlackBerry, the brand, have a right to be skeptical at this point.
    I hope the rumors are false because I want BB10 the earliest it can come!
    06-20-12 09:00 AM
    I guess the elephant in the room is “will RIM be worth more pre or post os10"??
    06-20-12 11:58 AM
    What will happen after OS 2.1, will there be a 2.2 or it will just go straight to BB10?

The world ends and starts again at 1.0

Andrew
    06-20-12 12:14 PM
    Do you have a source?
    My source is CrackBerry Kevin & last I heard he was expeciting an October release. With all the rumours I've been hearing guessing at the MONTH, I'm highly doubtful that you know the DAY
    gravymonster likes this.
    06-20-12 12:29 PM
    And some of us are, with cynicism of course, speculating that 2.1 wont arrive until next year as well
    06-20-12 12:37 PM
    My source is CrackBerry Kevin & last I heard he was expeciting an October release. With all the rumours I've been hearing guessing at the MONTH, I'm highly doubtful that you know the DAY
    At BB10Jam Orlando, developers were told that BB10 is expected to come in Spring 2013 for PlayBook. I heard it 'first-hand' so I can 'confirm' that.
    06-20-12 12:44 PM
    And some of us are, with cynicism of course, speculating that 2.1 wont arrive until next year as well
    Rim: "We don't release our "whine" before it is time!" (with apologies to whomever made that wine!)
    06-20-12 02:33 PM
    That doesn't explain why you said Dec 27th

06-20-12 04:30 PM
    I can't imagine them releasing the phone right after Christmas.

It's just dumb timing. Release a few weeks before Christmas, maybe, but 2 days after? Doesn't make any sense.
    Steve Rizla likes this.
    06-20-12 04:52 PM
    I can't imagine them releasing the phone right after Christmas.

It's just dumb timing. Release a few weeks before Christmas, maybe, but 2 days after? Doesn't make any sense.
    Boxing Week sales for everyone!!!!!
    06-20-12 05:22 PM
    Boxing Week sales for everyone!!!!!
    Wow, bb10 phones are already on sale - terrific!
    06-20-12 07:30 PM
    At BB10Jam Orlando, developers were told that BB10 is expected to come in Spring 2013 for PlayBook. I heard it 'first-hand' so I can 'confirm' that.
    I would be annoyed as if BB10 was available on handsets in October and RIM didn't push it out to us PlayBook owners until 6+ months later.
    06-20-12 08:43 PM
    Well, that garaunteed that it wont really be out until summer 2013. Late Summer.
    FF22 and trinipoco like this.
    06-20-12 10:19 PM
    Well, that garaunteed that it wont really be out until summer 2013. Late Summer.
    I actually don't like the concept but agree in principle!
    06-20-12 10:39 PM
    I would say that getting BB10 OS on PlayBook depends on how well the BB10 phones sell.

If the phones sell well, RIM can hire more developers to push updates out for the phones and the PlayBook quickly with a the stronger company outlook.

If the phones sell poorly, RIM will mostly likely sold off in parts and I doubt we will ever see BB10 on PlayBook.

BTW. I hope the phones sell extremely well.
    06-20-12 11:16 PM
    All the rumors are pointing to a mid August launch, then early october release..
    06-20-12 11:24 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD