Try it on a computer
    04-18-12 11:45 AM
    I am having the same issue. Cannot access playbook properly from desktop software after update to 2.0.1 and no mass storage access (except when there is no Device Manager installed on my PC - then it gives me access to a drive that allow me to install it). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Desktop Software and Device Manager serveral times on multiple computers as well as updating the software again via Desktop Software. It always shows the software version as 0.0 Bundle 0.

What I have noticed is that Password Protect is set to on under Storage & Sharing and I cannot change it as I do not know the password - I do not recalled ever setting this, but perhaps this is whats preventing access?
    04-18-12 12:25 PM
    Okay, well, after reading some more forum posts, I deleted a ton of apps (sorry I didn't take to time to delete one at atime) and then reboot the plabook, and desktop manager is working and I am performing a backup and have access to my files via mass storage.

As for the Password Protect in Storage & Sharing, guess I will have to do a wipe after my backup is complete.
    04-18-12 03:53 PM
    Okay, well, after reading some more forum posts, I deleted a ton of apps (sorry I didn't take to time to delete one at atime) and then reboot the plabook, and desktop manager is working and I am performing a backup and have access to my files via mass storage.

As for the Password Protect in Storage & Sharing, guess I will have to do a wipe after my backup is complete.
    Strange. which apps did you delete?
    04-18-12 04:06 PM
    Even my Playbook was not connecting.. I checked the Desktop Manager for updates but it said none were abvailable..
    Then I noticed (My auto play is disabled so it never pops up) that the Playbook mounted as a CD drive and had a setup file for new drivers i guess..
    Installed then.. Restarted and it works fine now..
    Hope that helps..
    that's what happened for me too ..... I followed the instructions re set up of new drivers and it loaded both PB and phone.

then had to do a pc reboot - as per the instructions - and then PB is recognised as 'Z' drive.
    04-18-12 05:09 PM
    that's what happened for me too ..... I followed the instructions re set up of new drivers and it loaded both PB and phone.

then had to do a pc reboot - as per the instructions - and then PB is recognised as 'Z' drive.
    where do you get the new driver? when I goto device manager in Windows it says I already have the latest driver.
    04-18-12 06:14 PM
    @Smiley it took a couple of times to get it .... what I had to do:

connect PB to pc via usb cord
    get to 'Computer' screen - I use the flag icon and press e
    see if the PB is listed under drives
    if not - remove usb cord from pb and pc and refresh pc screen
    then again connect usb cord and see if it appears
    you may have to repeat this process a number of times

eventually - I got a message on the screen of my PB that told me accept the CD install and follow the instructions.
    04-18-12 06:26 PM
    still no luck. as soon as i plug in the cord the PB shows the connect screen and on Windows device manager shows the PIN number and it shows initializing...

would deleting DM 7 and install DM6 help?
    04-18-12 06:45 PM
    @smiley - no re-installing Desktop Mgr didn't work for me because DM still couldn't find the PB.

I don't use the Device Mgr program on the pc - I use a program that shows an overview of all the files on the PC - called 'Computer' - that I access via 'flag' icon and the letter 'e'.

This screen shows all the drives that have devices attached.
    04-18-12 07:00 PM
    Note - after I installed the drivers - Desktop Mgr recognised the PB.
    04-18-12 07:01 PM
    Yes with dm closed plug the pb in while on. Mine had instructions on the screen. Basically go to my computer or computer, should be a rim cd drive, double click it and it will install DM.
    04-18-12 07:05 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD