whats wrong with your current PC?

Honestly, I do have more computer needs then you, and have been doing really well with a used IBM T60 laptop.. put windows 7 on it and it runs buttery smooth. you can find them in the US for ~400, not sure what your price range is though.
    Its a Low memory dinosaur - Compac from 10 yrs ago, so I thought it'd be better to look now, before technology totally surpasses its capability.
    09-08-13 12:19 PM
    I like the idea of taking current one to a shop for upgrades! The shops at Cllg/Spadina area used to be pretty readonable. I am really using it as a hub to upload/down music, sideload, transfer pics, etc. I honestly use my 64 gig playbook almost exclusively. My iPod touch is only the first version at 8 gigs, so I use it for playing doodle jewels and accessing nextbus.com. Honestly, these 2 things and its gps with google maps are the only real pluses that are better than thePB
    09-08-13 12:32 PM
    Purchase a HP it my have a sock in it.

I would look at the deal of the day on EBay. There is great deals there.
    I personally would spend a little extra on touch screen (but thats me) because I'm so used to using my PlayBook every time I use my laptop I tap things on the screen. For some reason nothing happens. and if people are watching you that makes me fill stupid. Don't even say it.
    Good luck.
    Just one question - Is it necessary to update our PBs from our PCs or can we do it from the PB and how often is necessary? Sorry, this may sound lame, but I honestly rarely 'go upstairs and power up the PC' - also sorry for saying sorry, but I am Canadian -- sorry
    09-09-13 01:36 PM
    Just one question - Is it necessary to update our PBs from our PCs or can we do it from the PB and how often is necessary? Sorry, this may sound lame, but I honestly rarely 'go upstairs and power up the PC' - also sorry for saying sorry, but I am Canadian -- sorry
    If your talking about updating the OS it looks like we will have to do this through our PC's. At least the new leaked version. Your going to need a PC to backup your PlayBook on the Desktop manager and to sideload any Android apps. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-09-13 01:44 PM
    SOM what's wrong with you?? I've been on this site and talking to you here for about 2 yrs and last time (July), I warned you I was going over to the UK. You went to the states at the same time.
    Yes I do know that. I'm currently on vacation bobbing around on a cruise in the med with a completely insane Captain called Ahab and a mad chef who wears most of what he cooks on his vest? Other than that and several thousand problem creatures who have the ability to transform at will I'm perfectly fine, I think?
    dphjeff and Carl Estes like this.
    09-09-13 01:45 PM
    If your talking about updating the OS it looks like we will have to do this through our PC's. At least the new leaked version. Your going to need a PC to backup your PlayBook on the Desktop manager and to sideload any Android apps. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    Wonder how you update a duck?
    dphjeff likes this.
    09-09-13 01:46 PM
    Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh get thee behind me Satan!!!!!!!!! Another strange cold person! Is there no end to this race? They just pop up everywhere!

Right everyone from that strange country is on the list, including polar bears and other thingys!!!!!! Just let me go get some more toilet rolls and I'll be right back. Just start making a list of your names while I'm away!
    dphjeff and Carl Estes like this.
    09-09-13 01:50 PM
    Don't recall updating from PC. My updates have come directly over the wireless. If there is a corruption or some anomaly I guess you would have to connect up to the PC. What updates are you talking about?

With the prices that you can get a reasonable new or last years model 15.4" laptop for would be surprised if upgrading a ten year old machine was the way to go even for occasional use.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-09-13 01:53 PM
    Don't say sorry around here. Most everyone here have no manners anyway.
    sad_old_man and castoridae like this.
    09-09-13 01:58 PM
    Don't say sorry around here. Most everyone here have no manners anyway.
    WOT you say there duck?
    09-09-13 02:11 PM
    You do not need a pc to update your Playbook software. It's wireless. There hasn't been one since early this year. There's not going to be anymore update for the playbook . If there is, you won't miss it by coming to this site. It does not take much to get this motley crew getting excited over an update of anything.
    09-09-13 02:26 PM
    You do not need a pc to update your Playbook software. It's wireless. There hasn't been one since early this year. There's not going to be anymore update for the playbook . If there is, you won't miss it by coming to this site. It does not take much to get this motley crew getting excited over an update of anything.
    So your saying you can load the 2.1.0.1753 though wifi?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-09-13 02:37 PM
    Hey you, I resemble that remark I'll have you know!
    09-09-13 02:39 PM
    Why not? I downloaded 10.1.0.4181 through wifi? Stupid duck!
    dphjeff likes this.
    09-09-13 02:41 PM
    If you do a security wipe of your device, it should reset to manufacture setting. One should be able to upgrade from there. Unless your playbook is debricked than you will need the Desktop Manager to update your playbook.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-09-13 02:44 PM
    No. You can only update to official releases through wifi, and 1753 is not official (at least yet).
    09-09-13 02:46 PM
    Why not? I downloaded 10.1.0.4181 through wifi? Stupid duck!
    Shush old man! Between you and I the twiddle dee and twiddle dumb of technology we should just keep bantering............
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-09-13 02:46 PM
    No. You can only update to official releases through wifi, and 1753 is not official (at least yet).
    What you said. Didn't know Op wanted to install the leak. That I suggest he go through the entire thread what's install for the 1753. And if he is not familiar of installing leak perhaps he should stay put and wait for the official one.
    09-09-13 02:52 PM
    Exactly as I thought! And thats probably going to be how we are going to have to do future updates
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    09-09-13 02:54 PM
    Shush old man! Between you and I the twiddle dee and twiddle dumb of technology we should just keep bantering............
    Ok!
    09-09-13 02:57 PM
    You may have to pass it through your computer. My last update was .1526 and I just did the useless thing of checking for updates.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-09-13 03:37 PM
    Tweedledum and Tweedledee
    Agreed to have a battle;
    For Tweedledum said Tweedledee
    *Had spoiled his nice new rattle.
    Just then flew down a monstrous duck,
    *As black as a tar-barrel;
    Which frightened both the heroes so,
    They quite forgot their quarrel
    09-09-13 03:46 PM
    tell me what you are willing to pay and I will tell you which laptop is suitable for you.
    I advice you to buy a laptop with at least Core i3 and 3 GB ram. even though you will not use them at 25% of their potential, still, the laptop will be responsive as hell.

I did not say this... I am not here.
    09-09-13 06:48 PM
    You can charge your phone through your laptop as well you know?
    Attached Thumbnails Advice pls on buying a laptop - Never use my old PC, just my playbook-tanker.jpg  
    Carl Estes and dphjeff like this.
    09-10-13 08:47 AM
    You can charge your phone through your laptop as well you know?
    Do you bank left and cough?
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    09-10-13 08:57 AM
87 1234