I need some advice before I do it. I was about to open a Netflix account, since there is no app for the PlayBook, and I was going to just go to the website. Would the PlayBook support Netflix this way or not?
    10-27-13 04:49 PM
    Unfortunately no...

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 04:51 PM
    10-27-13 04:51 PM
    Flix means 2 devices neither of which a TV.

What people want here is a Netflix app for the playbook and then hdmi wired to the TV.

And then maybe a BB10 smartphone to act as a remote.

At least that is what I would consider my starting point.

Posted via CB10
    jkomo001 likes this.
    10-27-13 05:02 PM
    Thanks a lot ya'll! I will leave Netflix alone.
    10-27-13 05:29 PM
    Flix is about as stupid as Print-to-go. Why would someone use there PlayBook AND PC? Why wouldn't someone just use there PC. People that thought this stuff up are nuts.
    10-27-13 06:12 PM
    Thanks a lot ya'll! I will leave Netflix alone.
    Netflix needs Silverlight to work, which PB doesn't support. There is a rumor they are working on non-Silverlight technology. Crackle.com works. You might take a look at Amazon Prime video streaming. That appears to work though the browser. I don't have it so maybe someone will confirm:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eaming-842961/
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-27-13 06:26 PM
    Flix is about as stupid as Print-to-go. Why would someone use there PlayBook AND PC? Why wouldn't someone just use there PC. People that thought this stuff up are nuts.
    Guess I am one of the nutty ones because I use PtG quite often. Maybe people who can't find uses for Print-to-Go lack imagination. And what brought it into the conversation anyhow?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-27-13 07:14 PM
    Love PtG. Great for when I travel without my notebook.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 07:28 PM
    Guess I am one of the nutty ones because I use PtG quite often. Maybe people who can't find uses for Print-to-Go lack imagination. And what brought it into the conversation anyhow?

I didn't say that people that used it was nuts (because we don't have much of a chose). I said people that developed all the stupid work arounds. Just can't figure out why someone would spend the time for something that will not work directly from the PlayBook and not have to go through your PC.
    10-27-13 08:11 PM
    I didn't say that people that used it was nuts (because we don't have much of a chose). I said people that developed all the stupid work arounds. Just can't figure out why someone would spend the time for something that will not work directly from the PlayBook and not have to go through your PC.
    Use it to put info on the PB that is difficult to get there otherwise. Like articles from the web, banking info and even pictures. Also sometimes it is more convenient to surf the web on a computer than to use the PB. Then if you see an article or catalogue you can often save it on the PB with PtG where it is available to carry with you.

dphjeff and FF22 like this.
    10-27-13 09:41 PM
    Use it to put info on the PB that is difficult to get there otherwise. Like articles from the web, banking info and even pictures. Also sometimes it is more convenient to surf the web on a computer than to use the PB. Then if you see an article or catalogue you can often save it on the PB with PtG where it is available to carry with you.

Like I say I can understand what your saying. Just pizzes me off when you have to use two devices to do one thing. Or if you want an app you have to sideload it or use a client app to access things. And Blackberry wonders why the can't sell there products. BlackBerry makes good devices but its getting old with having to make do.
    10-27-13 11:12 PM
    While I don't have netflix or flix - My PC sits upstairs in my den. My large tv is in the living room. I must say that if I had to carry my pc downstairs and then back up, well, I don't even want to contemplate that. My PB - easy!

As for Print-to-go. I used it yesterday and a few times last week. I printed driving and hiking directions from my computer to my z10. I did similar for my trip to Lake Quinault for both the pb and Z10 - with info and reviews, etc.
    10-28-13 12:45 AM
    While I don't have netflix or flix - My PC sits upstairs in my den. My large tv is in the living room. I must say that if I had to carry my pc downstairs and then back up, well, I don't even want to contemplate that. My PB - easy!

As for Print-to-go. I used it yesterday and a few times last week. I printed driving and hiking directions from my computer to my z10. I did similar for my trip to Lake Quinault for both the pb and Z10 - with info and reviews, etc.
    I guess your not getting my point.
    10-28-13 12:56 AM
    There's really no option on the PlayBook. On a BlackBerry 10 phone you could side load. But far as I know no one has that working on the PlayBook.

Aside from that if you have any other method to watch I'd subscribe. Netflix is great.

First thing to do is binge on Breaking Bad!

Lol.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-28-13 01:01 AM
    You can get Netflix on the PlayBook with a PlayOn subscription and then stream to PlayBook via Media Connect App or Tablet TV.
    10-28-13 03:49 AM
    I'll confirm that Amazon Prime works beautifully. It isn't Netflix but it has enough content to keep me happy.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 08:07 AM
    Netflix works perfectly with PlayOn and Media connect. I just finished installing and testing.
    It works while I'm in my own network, and while I'm away from my home network.
    Go to playon.com and sign up. Then follow the setup instructions. Add your Netflix account info, email address and password. Go to the blackberry appworld and download Media Connect. It couldn't be easier. It works with the Playbook and the Z10, And. It works perfectly. Kerry
    11-03-13 07:29 PM
    If you really want Netflix on your playbook use play on. It works "ok". You need to keep your computer turned on but it works from anywhere. There are other benefits too like streaming local content from your computer to your tablet.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 09:57 PM
    Amazon Prime works well on the PB. HDMI cable to TV, 9850 as remote, Netflix DOES have a bit more in to current TV line up, I'm trying it out on my Hisense pro tab (129.00 at Wally Wurld) and it works well with the Chromecast. A bit more expensive than Amazon (about 25 bucks).

Now to train my dog to get my beer, then I wouldn't have to get up out of the chair.....

c
    11-04-13 08:41 AM
    Amazon Prime works well on the PB. HDMI cable to TV, 9850 as remote, Netflix DOES have a bit more in to current TV line up, I'm trying it out on my Hisense pro tab (129.00 at Wally Wurld) and it works well with the Chromecast. A bit more expensive than Amazon (about 25 bucks).

Now to train my dog to get my beer, then I wouldn't have to get up out of the chair.....

c
    Amazon Prime is US-only though, right?
    11-04-13 08:57 AM
    Amazon Prime is US-only though, right?
    Unfortunatly, I think so, I think you can go by way of a proxy server tho...

c
    11-04-13 09:10 AM

Its part of this conversation because both apps require the operator to actually turn on their PC for them to work, when the whole point of a tablet is that you don't have to power up the dinosaur PC. They're both lame apps, but I guess it takes a bit of imagination to see this.
    dphjeff likes this.
    11-04-13 05:52 PM
    My kid purchased flix. What a bummer that is. After that fiasco I had to buy the kid an ipad. I got the Playbook.
    11-04-13 10:49 PM
    Its part of this conversation because both apps require the operator to actually turn on their PC for them to work, when the whole point of a tablet is that you don't have to power up the dinosaur PC. They're both lame apps, but I guess it takes a bit of imagination to see this.
    Not all of us have dinosaur PCs. We appreciate easy ways to communicate between the Tablets and the PCs. An app that is lame to one person is useful to others. By the way a while back you were asking for PC recommendations because you felt you needed to replace your dinosaur.PC. Did you abandon that idea? Guess I should have been more tactful and not inferred that anyone might be deficient in the imagination department.
    11-05-13 12:31 AM
29 12