Why is Adobe Reader 10.0 showing up in App World on the Playbook even though it is a native app ???
    06-07-11 10:51 AM
    my same question... i got it
    06-07-11 10:57 AM
    was asking myself the same thing. maybe if someone deletes it and wants to reinstall...
    06-07-11 10:57 AM
    It makes more sense to have it in AppWolrd. Lets say there is an update for the app instead of having to wait for an OS update they can just release it right away.
    06-07-11 11:04 AM
    Question is though, are they the same version ???
    06-07-11 11:05 AM
    Question is though, are they the same version ???
    I dont know if they are the same version but they certainly have the same limitations. I downloaded it just in case and dont see anything new in terms of features. My guess, as others have said, is it is just the same version and is there in case someone deletes their reader and wants it back or, on the slight chance, that an update for the reader becomes available, we dont have to wait until an OS update occurs to get it. In theory, this should allow Adobe to update the reader much more quickly - I hope at least.
    06-07-11 11:11 AM
    yea i saw it too.. i tried to install it then no new adobe icon show up.. i think its the same i wonder why it not detected the native from os
    since currently im bridging with bb after i opened the apps it showed my bb files too. i dont remember though the native one would show the bb files or not...
    06-07-11 11:14 AM
    Could this possibly suggest that the groundwork for an updated Reader is being put into place? Would be nice.
    06-07-11 11:26 AM
    The problem I have is it being called version 10.0 functions more like 1.0 or 1.5 versions
    06-07-11 11:27 AM
    It makes more sense to have it in AppWolrd. Lets say there is an update for the app instead of having to wait for an OS update they can just release it right away.
    I was thinking that maybe RIM is going to let Adobe do the updates. One less thing for them to deal with.
    06-07-11 12:04 PM
    Was the search function in the file browser always there? That is the only thing I noticed that may be new. Clicking on it when browsing for files lets you search by file name.
    06-07-11 12:29 PM
    The problem I have is it being called version 10.0 functions more like 1.0 or 1.5 versions
    Yeh, it does have a bit of that "My First Adobe Reader" feel to it.
    06-07-11 12:31 PM
    I deleted it from my homescreen and then downloaded it from APp World to 10.0. It still lacks basic bookmarking, etc., but now has a different method of navigating as you use the scroll bar at bottom instead of just swiping from the right bezel. It might even be that it always had the scroll bar? IDK, but I used to swipe through pdf's but now when I try, it moves the next resident app open instead.
    06-07-11 01:36 PM
    I deleted it from my homescreen and then downloaded it from APp World to 10.0. It still lacks basic bookmarking, etc., but now has a different method of navigating as you use the scroll bar at bottom instead of just swiping from the right bezel. It might even be that it always had the scroll bar? IDK, but I used to swipe through pdf's but now when I try, it moves the next resident app open instead.
    the scroll bar was always there
    06-07-11 01:47 PM
    If this is what we get with Version 10.0 imagine what version 1.0 would have been like
    mmcpher likes this.
    06-07-11 11:39 PM
    If this is what we get with Version 10.0 imagine what version 1.0 would have been like
    It would have been Alpha but not Bet! It is just such a poor excuse for a pdf reader it is hard to fathom.
    06-08-11 12:00 AM
    I'm not sure that would have even come with an icon
    06-08-11 02:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD