Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to clear what is in Adobe reader. I tried to download a file from a web-page and it said it downloaded but when I go into adobe it shows as 0 bytes and when I try to open it is gives me an error msg that says "The file path is not valid". I have since re-downloaded the file and it works but it had left the other there (I see 2 with the same name but one with 0 bytes). I tried to see it by connecting it to the computer and I only see the good file and same thing if I use AIR Browser. I tried resetting the playbook (maybe clear it) but it is still there.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Mike
    02-13-12 09:56 AM
    For the 'the file path is not valid'-- although it seems you have got it to work, it wouldn't harm for you to go to Setup-- security-- application permissions for Adobe-- set to 'allowed" (if it is denied). This is a common problem where the file downloads but cannot be viewed.

Both files present-- you have tried to troubleshoot it, and I do not have better suggestions other than get the "Files and Folder" app from the app world. It does cost but not that much, and I have found that it is much better at deleting unwanted files than the 'Air Browser'.
    Get the app, open the files, you will immediately be given the option to 'delete'. If that method does not work, connect the PB to your computer-- when it shows up as a additional hard drive/device-- go to the media folder--- look up the file--- drag it to the recycle bin/delete---- then clear the recycle bin with the PB still linked to the computer (this is very important), don't disconnect until the file is deleted. Once the file is deleted, unhook, restart PB and see if it worked.

Hope this helps.

Good luck
    02-13-12 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD