So Adobe has announced the release of Air 2.7 and that "This month, Flash Builder 4.5 will get an update to enable support for AIR 2.7 and PlayBook will receive an update OTA of AIR 2.7 by the end of June." So this means we can expect another OS update by that date?
    06-15-11 04:50 PM
    All these updates are eating into my bandwidth which is ridiculously expensive here in South Africa.
    06-15-11 05:42 PM
    The 1.06 release that they've asked developers to test is based on AIR2.7 and Flash 10.3.
    06-15-11 06:11 PM
    iit kinda sucks the way the PB does updates. with android the flash and air updates arent really on a schedule like RIM has. When the apps are ready they get installed. You dont have to install an entire OS update and make sure everything plays well with the OS
    06-15-11 06:53 PM
    iit kinda sucks the way the PB does updates.
    Spoken like a true PB owner.... oh wait..

From a user point of view it is not 'downloading and installing an entire OS'. Downloading and installing a new PB OS is just like downloading and installing an app. It happens in the background (just stay in WIFI coverage). Just needs a reboot.

From a RIM point of view..... well I could care less if it's easier or more difficult for them
    06-15-11 06:59 PM
    The PB has great hardware bones
    Every OS maker, RIM, MS, Apple ... thrive on upgrading OS's to make hardware work better.
    Love't when RIM makes improvements to a 'fab' device
    06-15-11 07:16 PM
    Well I have discovered the developer forums are a great place to peruse to find good info lol. We will be receiving an OTA update by the nd of June. I would imagine shortly after OS v1.0.6 beta zone beta ends (it is only a one week long beta). So yeah, maybe sunday lol who knows, but for sure very soon we will have AIR 2.7 and Flash 10.3.

Interestingly, with the omap4 line of processors (like that of the Playbook) flash 10.3 has some multimedia engine that utilizes the processor better. so yay! more speed(maybe)! Maybe angry birds will finally run smoothly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-11 08:09 PM
    Well I have discovered the developer forums are a great place to peruse to find good info lol. We will be receiving an OTA update by the nd of June. I would imagine shortly after OS v1.0.6 beta zone beta ends (it is only a one week long beta). So yeah, maybe sunday lol who knows, but for sure very soon we will have AIR 2.7 and Flash 10.3.

Interestingly, with the omap4 line of processors (like that of the Playbook) flash 10.3 has some multimedia engine that utilizes the processor better. so yay! more speed(maybe)! Maybe angry birds will finally run smoothly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    maybe then rovio will get the official app a release date.
    06-15-11 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD