Can't say enough good things about the Playbook. I truly enjoy using it more than any of the other Tablets i've used. Sadly it's time to admit that I really have no real need for a tablet of any kind.

Has anyone else come to the same conclusion?

So once I manage to get my post count up it will be in the market for sale.
    06-07-11 11:10 PM
    In reality, most if not all of us don't NEED a tablet....want a tab, yes, NEED a tab? Hardly.

I don't need my Playbook either but **** will freeze over the day someone pries it from my hands!
    06-07-11 11:11 PM
    I guess i'm just trying to trim the fat on my tech addiction. I hate not using it as much as I could. But I truly find myself reaching for my phone before I grab the playbook. It deserves better lol
    06-07-11 11:34 PM
    I have come to the conclusion that I don't need it. But it has already had it's valuable uses. It has provided great entertainment at the pub. On the face of it though my NetBook is almost as portable and can do more than any tablet will be able to do in the near future. I do love it though and if anything will just upgrade as I really do regret only getting the 16gb model.
    06-07-11 11:59 PM
    We dont need most of the thigs in our live. I dont need 5 LCD TV sets in my house. I dont need 3 motorcycles. I dont need around 10 blackberryes... but i have them. They make me happy. It's human nature...
    With most of the stuff we have "need" comes after "having". Once you have it you will find a need for it :-)
    Or we can go smiple and use the word "greed" :-)
    It's always greed before need :-)
    06-08-11 03:38 AM
    Same here, I don't need it but I do use it a lot around the house where I would normally consult my pc or phone now I use the PB. Because of it's mobility it replaced my phone use a lot.
    And when I'm not using it, I find the pb in my gf hands...
    06-08-11 04:00 AM
    I don't think anyone needs a tablet, they're just handy to have around

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 04:25 AM
    Yes, it may be right to say that we "really don't need a tablet", but now that we have it, we slowly become aware of its many uses and possibilities and at the end, we discover that we are getting so much "attached" to it.
    To me, now is the challenge to discover the many uses I can have for it. As a photographer I plan to bring with me several projects and proposals for photo books I have assembled in pdf format from power points and take advantage of the high resolution of the PB screen. Also to display a brief showcase of examples of my work when I visit potential clients and editors.
    Besides, in my long trips abroad I will enjoy in the airplane one or two nice movies I can upload, not to forget the brilliant high quality of the music I can hear from it.
    The sound quality is much, much better than the one of my iPod Touch.
    The more I use the PB the more possibilities I discover for it... and I guess and hope that this is just the beginning.
    Practically, I am newcomer user of Blackberry, but extremely happy with all the things I am discovering day after day.
    06-08-11 05:03 AM
    like alot of others i don't need the tablet, but i love it to much to give it up. i don't like carrying around laptops and i don't like being tied down by a desktop. still dont need it but never gunna give it up.
    06-08-11 05:11 AM
    I have to admit, there is just something about the "little 7 inch that could" tablet. It really grows on you. I have an ipad as well and the Playbook just feels better. Very hard to explain. Love taking it on the road, the camera/movie ability just takes it over the top. Web surfing, movies, music, etc, all work great.
    06-08-11 05:15 AM
    In reality, most if not all of us don't NEED a tablet....want a tab, yes, NEED a tab? Hardly.

I don't need my Playbook either but **** will freeze over the day someone pries it from my hands!

This is exactly how I am guessing 99% of the people on here feel. I love having Kobo, but I don't need it. A tablet is a toy for the most part, I don't know anyone running the SAP Dashboard, but you never know. I will have my death grip on it once those Android apps start popping up.
    06-08-11 05:39 AM
    Can't say enough good things about the Playbook. I truly enjoy using it more than any of the other Tablets i've used. Sadly it's time to admit that I really have no real need for a tablet of any kind.

Has anyone else come to the same conclusion?

So once I manage to get my post count up it will be in the market for sale.
    I am sure, before you bought your first cell phone, you said the same thing. I have had my playbook since the launch and since then it replaced my dusty laptop. I will probably buy another playbook, when this one is all used up, knowing RIM products, will be in 3 years, but I will never waste money on another laptop. (I want to buy another blackberry, but my bold 9000 is still going strong after almost 3years.)

If you need windows get a cloud VDI and log in through the playbook. Try the playbook for two weeks and if you don't find it useful, return it. I am sure like the rest of us here you will not be able to part with it.
    06-08-11 07:12 AM
    My first step was to get a BB phone
    That cleared my problem to get business related email anywhere anytime

My second step was to get the seven inch PB
    That cleared my need to carry around a laptop ... and better
    I have a reasonable size web browser anywhere anytime.

I have no regrets to buy the PB.
    06-08-11 07:28 AM
    Nope, I don't "need" a tablet, either. And in fact it cost me more to buy this than I paid for my latest laptop, purchased last January and on which I run a lot of industry-specific apps that I use in my business.

But I wanted it, and like others, I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what I can do with it.
    06-08-11 07:46 AM
    my notebook hardly turn on unlesw for big download...now i always use pb at home and anywhere else.

i also prefer reading web on pb than s2
    06-08-11 08:04 AM
    I could hardly need it less. It is a crime against home economics that I even bought one.

Do I regret it?

Not for a moment. But already my kids, in the back of a car on most journeys, are making more use of it than me. Watching clips and and reading ebooks is now my main use for it. Bridging PIM from my BB was and is delightful, but less and less am I grabbing that, rather than my old 9700...

And it has definitely made my laptop a 'last resort' rather than a 'go-to' device.

Which must be good...

So I am already dreading the day when something newer and shinier (like that projected Windows 8 tablet leak) starts tempting me... For now though, nothing out there is as seemless, portable and usable as my PB.

Long may that continue
    06-08-11 08:24 AM
    My wife and I were both considering laptops for use around the house and out in the backyard lounging around the pool. We decided to go and get 2 tablets, for us it was the best choice I don't need a laptop but the PB and iPad are awesome!
    06-08-11 09:06 AM
    I don't need the playbook, I have a blackberry and a computer that do the same functions. Of course, I don't need my kindle either, I have paper books. I don't need power windows and doors in my car either, I can manually do all that. I don't need steak, I can eat ground beef. I don't need a lot of things that make my life easier, but I have them simply because they make my life easier.
    06-08-11 09:13 AM
    I bet most, even here, dont NEED a tablet. They are luxury items.
    06-08-11 09:23 AM
    I know one thing - I definitely do not NEED my PlayBook. But the convenience of having the internet and the BB "experience" with me in a 7-inch tablet is worth it's weight in gold.
    06-08-11 09:27 AM
    I am at the same point now as I am with my BB.....I feel like something is missing if I leave the house without it. I find many uses for it. Browsing the net anywhere, taking pictures that I would otherwise miss because I don't tote my camera around with me, taking videos and entertaining my daughter when she is bored.

Yes....I don't need it.....it's just a really handy piece of technology to have around and is portable enough to take everywhere.

06-08-11 09:49 AM
    you may not need a tablet, probably because you have a laptop. However, i will probably never buy a laptop again, i would imagine that in a year or two i will buy another tablet, and then we'll all be saying "why would i buy a laptop, i have absolutely no need for one"

06-08-11 09:56 AM
    I NEED my Playbook and once I figure out why, I'll let you know..!
    ;-)
    06-08-11 10:33 AM
    I need a Playbook for the simple reason that it bugs the heck out of my coworkers who are in love with Apple products. It gives me nothing but satisfaction to be able to show off the device to them

As to whether I truly need it - the answer is no. It's nice to have but I lived 36 years without one so I dont truly need it.

But I tell what I truly do need - the new PSP Vita. For $249.00, it's an impressive machine.
    06-08-11 10:54 AM
    i officially buried my laptop! I honestly use my PB all the time! I wake up and go to bed with it!!! I'm in love!

_____

Also, i have a better web experience on this then my Acer Revo (dual core ion processor,4gb ram, win7)!
    Last edited by SyChO_X; 06-08-11 at 11:17 AM.
    06-08-11 11:14 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD