Please pardon me if this has been covered somewhere else, but I pretty religiously follow this forum (and used the search!), and I haven't seen this answered anywhere:

Has there been any confirmation about retail stores getting Playbooks in stock in addition to the pre-orders on launch day? I.e., if hundreds of people pre-ordered the PB and wish to pick it up in store, will they still have any that are unclaimed?

I'm hoping to stop into BB, Staples, Office Depot, or anywhere else that will have it on launch day instead of pre-ordering. Thoughts?
    04-03-11 12:15 PM
    yeah, i believe that stores will have extra stock for people that are going to walk in, it's not pre-order only so they should have stock
    beandoc likes this.
    04-03-11 12:20 PM
    Most stores keep preorders and regular stock separate. So you may have 50 preorder units but only 10 in stock units
    robertyhn and beandoc like this.
    04-03-11 12:26 PM
    Don't think there will be a line at the doors.
    04-03-11 03:15 PM
    I know that at Best Buy, the more pre-orders we get, the more devices that we receive. My store got all of 2 pre-orders. (I was the first one). I have a bad feeling that Best Buy is only going to receive the 16gb models on release and the 32gb and 64gb models are going to be online only for a time.
    04-04-11 02:13 AM
    They should have plenty on the day. There's been hardly any interest in the Playbook outside of Crackberry.
    04-04-11 06:14 AM
    i played it safe and just pre-ordered mine from Best Buy. I cannot wait for this to be released
    04-04-11 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD