So most of know that there's a new email service now introduced by Microsoft called outlook, using the @outlook name.

I'm trying to get it connected on the Playbook messages app, but it doesn't seem to properly recognise outlook. Does anyone know, or had any luck with getting the new outlook service added to playbook?
    07-31-12 03:46 PM
    Found the only bowser that seems to work is Simple Browser.... I changed the User Agent to IE 9 and away I went.... Just hangs on PB browser.....
    07-31-12 04:25 PM
    THANKS. Why not have yet another email address. This might also explain why folks are having Hotmail issues. On the login, creation, it told me I needed to upgrade my version of firefox. So I can see where it might be limited. And maybe you can't access it via pb's native email app???
    07-31-12 06:16 PM
    Hmmm... Ya think maybe Microsoft just wants to make it hard for other companies' devices to work with their services? Maybe they're taking a page from the folks who are consummate artists at that ploy... A___e.
    07-31-12 06:36 PM
    Worked for me. I quickly signed up for several outlook.com names before the masses claimed them.

In my PB Account settings, I go to Add New Account, then select Email. Look for and select Advanced Setup. Then select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. Imput your outlook.com info.

This is where it gets tricky. The Server name could be any of the following. You will have to try several times until the right one works for your account.

m.hotmail.com
    bay-m.hotmail.com
    col-m.hotmail.com
    snt.m.hotmail.com

There may be other server names the I did not list. Google if you need others. Eventually, all my new outlook.com accounts are in my Messages.
    tonyron227 likes this.
    07-31-12 07:36 PM
    Well, I certainly noticed after signup, when it encouraged me to connect my new @outlook email to my mobile, it said "click here for: Windows Phone....Android....iPad/iPhone...."other" No BB support, we only fall under "other" phones now...which are encouraged to simply go to outlook.com on our mobile browsers.
    07-31-12 08:11 PM
    Worked for me. I quickly signed up for several outlook.com names before the masses claimed them.

In my PB Account settings, I go to Add New Account, then select Email. Look for and select Advanced Setup. Then select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. Imput your outlook.com info.

This is where it gets tricky. The Server name could be any of the following. You will have to try several times until the right one works for your account.

m.hotmail.com
    bay-m.hotmail.com
    col-m.hotmail.com
    snt.m.hotmail.com

There may be other server names the I did not list. Google if you need others. Eventually, all my new outlook.com accounts are in my Messages.
    Thanks that worked for me address added the second one! Set up my 9900 & my PlayBook! No more Gmail yay|
    07-31-12 08:38 PM
    Mine went true flawlessly, actually no it failed when I tried to use email only in account setup. But when I turned on contact and calendar sync it worked only sent emails to and from myself so far but everything seems fine... Never had to go advanced settings.
    07-31-12 09:10 PM

m.hotmail.com
    bay-m.hotmail.com
    col-m.hotmail.com
    snt.m.hotmail.com

I had to use snt-m.hotmail.com to make mine work. All of your suggestions did not work for me. Thanks just the same though.
    08-01-12 01:23 AM
    What do I type in the Username and Domain field?
    I've tried all those servers, including snt-m.hotmail.com, but no luck
    What specific settings are you using? Like the check timing, and have you only enabled email, or calendar and contacts aswell?
    08-01-12 09:48 AM
    Domain for me is blank user name is email addy and blu- works for me.
    08-01-12 09:59 AM

m.hotmail.com
    bay-m.hotmail.com
    col-m.hotmail.com
    snt.m.hotmail.com

Thanks that worked for me address added the second one! Set up my 9900 & my PlayBook! No more Gmail yay|

Thank you, same one worked for me!

I also notice that when I get an e-mail notification on my PB (with the blinking red light and the glowing corner), and when I check that e-mail on the computer, it will sync with the PB and show the e-mail as read! Something that PB never did with my Hotmail.
    08-01-12 10:21 AM
    i signed up as google i sstill resolving my account issues, and on bb it went smooth. cant ask for more bb support, it made my life easy.
    08-01-12 10:24 AM
    They must have been making changes behind the scenes the past few days. The site now comes up in my browser and using the snt-m server worked. I'm using my existing Hotmail account which has migrated to outlook.com. I set up an outlook.com alias for my existing account. The only problem I'm having now is that the native email client won't allow the use of my alias.
    08-01-12 10:41 AM
    Domain for me is blank user name is email addy and blu- works for me.
    What's the server address you've used?
    08-01-12 01:44 PM
    What's the server address you've used?
    blu-m.hotmail.com The blu- may not work for you though so you'll have to try some of the others.

KB32048-When Integrating Hotmail through Simple Integration on the BlackBerry PlayBook the following appears "Account Hotmail - <username>@hotmail.com failed testing with current settings"
    willie44 likes this.
    08-01-12 03:38 PM
    OK so outlook.com server issues must be resolved. I created a new outlook.com account on the playbook under settings / account setup:
    1. add new account.
    2. choose email, calendar and contacts.
    3. sign in to an existing account.
    4. enter newly minted outlook.com email and password.
    The playbook did the rest in true BlackBerry style. Under advanced settings I noticed all of the exchange information was automatically entered.
    08-02-12 05:13 AM
    Hi Guys, I'm really confused. I have had a playbook for months, set it up with my BT account with no problems. However, I have just bought another one for my son and I cannot sync the email account. Everytime I try it tells me that the username is unknown. Now I have tried loggin in via the web using the exact same information and it works. Any ideas?

I have used basic set-up and this configures it to use different server settings than I have. If I manually configure it to be the same as mine it still does not work. I'm stumped. The settings I am using are:

server: rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    port 993
    encryption ssl
    smtp address rim.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    port 465

Thanks
    04-24-13 06:16 AM
    What is BT? And not much help with a Yahoo account since in the states they don't allow you to access your free account with an email client.
    04-24-13 06:27 AM
    So most of know that there's a new email service now introduced by Microsoft called outlook, using the @outlook name.

I'm trying to get it connected on the Playbook messages app, but it doesn't seem to properly recognise outlook. Does anyone know, or had any luck with getting the new outlook service added to playbook?
    Just go to outlook.com in your browser.
    Setup an account [email protected] (free)
    Enter the account details on your PlayBook
    Choose what you want to sync calendar, contacts, mail and start using.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD