This is great- but i really wish the icon would be pulled from the favicon, not from a screenshot of the page.. ends up looking really messy.
    05-03-11 10:37 AM
    I agree. I added ESPN and have their homescreen instead of the nice 'E' for a launcher icon.
    05-03-11 10:43 AM
    when i click add to homescreen nothing happens and i dont even get an icon on the homescreen....
    05-03-11 10:49 AM
    how do u do this?
    05-03-11 11:32 AM
    1. Navigate to the site
    2. click the star with the + sign and pick "Add to home screen"
    3. Then you are prompted to a title for the icon
    4. press SAVE
    urbnimports likes this.
    05-03-11 11:41 AM
    Where do you find the icons on the homescreen? Im looking around through all the menus and im not seeing anything. Do that have something to so with me using the browse right now.
    05-03-11 11:50 AM
    Where do you find the icons on the homescreen? Im looking around through all the menus and im not seeing anything. Do that have something to so with me using the browse right now.
    when in browser click the star with the plus sign (add to bookmarks previously) and a pop up will appear allowing you to ad to home screen
    05-03-11 11:56 AM
    O.k. when i touch the add to homescreen icon the window just closes without asking me to save. Same thing with the add bookmark icon. This was working before the update so im not understanding whats going on.
    05-03-11 12:13 PM
    O.k. when i touch the add to homescreen icon the window just closes without asking me to save. Same thing with the add bookmark icon. This was working before the update so im not understanding whats going on.
    Same here - now I cannot even add a Bookmark - way to go RIM!

Update - after re-booting it now works so you should try that.
    Last edited by ab345; 05-03-11 at 01:00 PM.
    05-03-11 12:54 PM
    Same here - now I cannot even add a Bookmark - way to go RIM!

Update - after re-booting it now works so you should try that.
    this worked,reboot
    05-03-11 01:31 PM
    When in doubt, re-boot. is the blackberry mantra. It has solved many issues for me. Too bad not all of them.
    05-03-11 02:05 PM
    nice tips thanks guys!!!
    05-03-11 03:31 PM
    This is great- but i really wish the icon would be pulled from the favicon, not from a screenshot of the page.. ends up looking really messy.
    jjcool posted the following tip in the comments for PlayBook 101: Adding A Home Screen Shortcut.

"be sure you like whats on the screen when you add the shortcut because thats what the icon will look like. For example I zoomed in on the CB logo for my crackberry.com shortcut."

I did a similar thing, and it works. Thanks, jjcool
    05-03-11 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD