Ok here's the thing...

IS THE PLAYBOOK OFFICIALY END OF LIFE ??

I have seen no press releases from BBRY saying it is.

It is still listed on their websites(s) as being current generation hardware.

Yes i've seen tweets and read the interview with TH about not releasing BB10, but none of this is what i'd call an official uthorised comapny statement - unless BBRY now does business on twitter.

It's time for this to be cleared up.
    07-19-13 06:59 AM
    Its EOL pretty much. You wont see any major updates. You might get a flash update here or their to patch security holes but i wouldnt expect much more.
    07-19-13 07:10 AM
    I'd say it is EOL. We just didn't see it in print. Might happen any day now....

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 07:30 AM
    Actually mr. Heins making his remarks about the lack of future for the PB during a "conference call" as part of the presentation of quarterly results makes it pretty darn official, even if it isn't "in writing".
    07-19-13 08:00 AM
    Ok here's the thing...

IS THE PLAYBOOK OFFICIALY END OF LIFE ??

I have seen no press releases from BBRY saying it is.

It is still listed on their websites(s) as being current generation hardware.

Yes i've seen tweets and read the interview with TH about not releasing BB10, but none of this is what i'd call an official uthorised comapny statement - unless BBRY now does business on twitter.

It's time for this to be cleared up.
    That's the one major problem with BB as a company. A tweet here and there, a selective interview. It's like dealing with aliens who are not familiar with how to communicate with the earthlings.
    07-19-13 11:25 AM
    I'm on the same page. BB has not given an official determination on what they are doing, other than no BB10 for PB. Are they planning to continue updating the current PBOS with defect resolution updates or new features or both ?

Is there a product roadmap solution to this by offering a future product at a discount or simply general across the board rebate ? TH did say they were looking at alternatives and will be providing a determination at some point. I find it hard to believe they would simply go silent on this issue and hope the millions of owners would simply go away.

All of these questions have not been addressed by BBerry.
    axllebeer likes this.
    07-19-13 11:44 AM
    I find it hard to believe they would simply go silent on this issue and hope the millions of owners would simply go away.

All of these questions have not been addressed by BBerry.
    Um...are we talking about the same RIM/BBRY? See, the rest of us are used to poor communication, lack of support, and non-disclosure. So yeah, they will likely just go silent and hope we all go away.
    07-19-13 12:11 PM
    Um...are we talking about the same RIM/BBRY? See, the rest of us are used to poor communication, lack of support, and non-disclosure. So yeah, they will likely just go silent and hope we all go away.
    You have that basackwards its BB that has went away. As far as I can tell were all still here still feeling pretty duped.
    07-19-13 12:19 PM
    You have that basackwards its BB that has went away. As far as I can tell were all still here still feeling pretty duped.
    ??? That's exactly my point. BBRY is going silent...HOPING we all go away. We are not. ??? Confused...
    07-19-13 12:29 PM
    BB10 was canceled... BlackBerry CEO believes that tablet will be dead in 5 years time... no significant updates...

Just read between the lines...

Posted via Z10
    07-19-13 12:38 PM
    What about people that bought an LTE version on contract with a service provider? Just abandoning them? Or did absolutely no-one buy one?
    07-19-13 12:46 PM
    At what point in time did we ever get the straight goods on the playbook future. Like always it's figure it out for yourself and hope someone cracks the bootloader
    07-19-13 12:48 PM
    What about people that bought an LTE version on contract with a service provider? Just abandoning them? Or did absolutely no-one buy one?
    You really expect BB to care? Your contract is your problem.
    07-19-13 12:48 PM
    The actual status of the PlayBook is the same as last week

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 01:38 PM
    EOL
    DOA
    SOL

Do you have to see it in writing to really believe it?
    07-19-13 02:30 PM