This is probably still not known by us common people but I am hoping that one of the Crackberry team or a Blackberry employee may shed some light for me.

My current employer has recently got rid of their BES and now only support ios and android (or i can pay $200 for some add on for the blackberry) because they support activesync and he can push the policies to the devices. I do not have money to pay $200 per year but I do have a playbook.

Therefore will they be able to push these policies to my playbook? I would love to use it for my work.

Thanks

Tony
    jkeithbrown likes this.
    01-16-12 10:44 AM
    I dont know the answer to your question. But I will share this experience with you. Twice I have seen companies migrate away from Blackberry in fear of being left in the lurch by a failed company, RIM. Not long after all the trouble of switching they switch back. So you could probably ride it out for a bit and see if that happens.
    01-16-12 11:30 AM
    I am still trying to get to the bottom of it...but just in case I want to see in OS2.0 and BB10 will have activesync built in. I will certainly not jump ship...I love my BB's since 2007!! I have tried the rest and fee, there are good devices out there but nothing like BB for communication and ease of use.
    01-16-12 12:10 PM
    AstraSync and SyncML are both $50 or less a year and support AS protocols.
    I think it's quite silly that so many companies have chosen limited support of devices when they use AS. AS is extremely powerful and you didn't even mention that your business supports Windows Phone. Even my own company that will go unmentioned only provides iOS or BB. Atleast with employee owned devices they will allow any AS device. You can easily remove a sync'd device and all sync data without even damaging the employees personal data. Anyway those two previously mentioned programs are certainly a lot cheaper then $200 a year...
    01-16-12 12:22 PM
    I too was with a company that left bb and came back roughly a year later. Ride it out.
    01-16-12 12:25 PM
    I will not jump ship. Just want to know if activesync will be supported by playbook and OS2 as well as BB10. I think everyone needs a playbook and am trying to sell my co-workers on them but without activesync they are useless in this company unfortunately
    01-16-12 06:09 PM
    I will not jump ship. Just want to know if activesync will be supported by playbook and OS2 as well as BB10. I think everyone needs a playbook and am trying to sell my co-workers on them but without activesync they are useless in this company unfortunately
    Don't know about BB10, but the videos of OS2 from CES mentioned activesync.
    01-16-12 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD