10-28-12 08:41 AM
34 12
tools
    Perhaps showing the newest tweet from your TL and updating
    but i want to see more than 1 tweet. I want to scroll thru an hours worth of tweets all from that "box"
    10-26-12 11:28 AM
    but i want to see more than 1 tweet. I want to scroll thru an hours worth of tweets all from that "box"
    if it's not interactive then it wouldn't happen... so the problem is "interactivity".. I really think that the active frames should have this ability...
    10-26-12 11:48 AM
    I personally don't see the point in scrolling through all of those tweets in a small box when you could just press and full screen it.

Controlling music sounds more reasonable to me but in that case still have the media buttons.
    10-26-12 11:58 AM
    truthfully, active frames doesn't sound that impressive. if you had to click on it and open it like a regular app to interact with it. what difference does it have from any app icon beside it shows you a preview screen?
    10-26-12 12:04 PM
    truthfully, active frames doesn't sound that impressive. if you had to click on it and open it like a regular app to interact with it. what difference does it have from any app icon beside it shows you a preview screen?
    It's not just a preview screen. It has live updates so they are constantly changing with new information.

I also hope there are more things developers can do with them and they are not showing us yet.
    10-26-12 12:20 PM
    So, why is it preferred to a widget? I am truly interested in seeing the another point of view. I had assumed that they were more like orderly, system-centric widgets. Sounds like that is not the case.
    10-26-12 01:28 PM
    You want to see an hours worth of tweets and you don't want to open an app? I can see if you are monitoring several things on screen at a a time the need for widgets but if you want to dedicate your focus like that why not just open the app?

For me the appeal of widgets is the ability to see the latest of several types of data/info at one time. It all depends on how many widgets and panels you have on Android and some are full screen even. Neither is going to be perfect for everyone but Active Frames keeps things concise by only allowing 4 apps or Frames visible at a time. Keeps everything at your finger tips.

Worst thing about widgets they get in the way when looking for stuff. Not that I've used the Atrix for long but it just felt cluttered.
    10-26-12 07:03 PM
    You want to see an hours worth of tweets and you don't want to open an app? I can see if you are monitoring several things on screen at a a time the need for widgets but if you want to dedicate your focus like that why not just open the app?

For me the appeal of widgets is the ability to see the latest of several types of data/info at one time. It all depends on how many widgets and panels you have on Android and some are full screen even. Neither is going to be perfect for everyone but Active Frames keeps things concise by only allowing 4 apps or Frames visible at a time. Keeps everything at your finger tips.

Worst thing about widgets they get in the way when looking for stuff. Not that I've used the Atrix for long but it just felt cluttered.
    no i wouldnt use a widget for that but it was just making the point. For a better example my agenda/calender widget only takes up a 2x4 section of a screen BUT its scrollable. Default view i only can see about 4-6 entries (might be all in one day) but i can simply scroll down a little and see what i have planned for the next day without opening anything. I can go full screen with it and gain even more in my view without scrolling, Maybe the rest of the week can be seen now at a glance.

For me i have never felt that they clutter my screens. Each one makes life easier in some way.
    10-26-12 07:18 PM
    Yeah... with launchers providing resizable widgets, one can make them fairly unobtrusive.
    10-28-12 08:41 AM
34 12