Another question. Is it possible by hooking up a windows computer and running acronis or similar program from windows computer to playbook in order to create an image program to be able to restore at a later time. I was able to do this by backing up a garmin gps
    03-07-14 04:43 PM
    Sorry I accidentally posted before I was finished. I meant to say I was able to create image on my garmin gps and then restore its image as it is much easier to do all this in case of freezes and wanted to do same in case playbook does same. I had to wipe and reinstall playbook os last month and it was a nightmare as BlackBerry website was down for two weeks. Anyway. Thanks
    03-07-14 05:15 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 04:07 AM
    Wouldn't BlackBerry Link do a halfway decent backup job?

Imaging that thing won't go too well because of BlackBerry security, guess. Even if it let you access the flash memory (.../sdcard), still there is no full filesystem access for imaging. Root access? No. Restore would be the next question.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    03-09-14 05:26 PM
    Well you can create back up images with windows and linux and with other hardware. I suppose tablets are way to complex to do when compared to other hardware. Would be a great timesaver
    03-09-14 07:08 PM
    Which is why I am keeping my windows netbook even tho it's 3 years old. If it bombs out I can restore it as good as new in less than an hour. Has anyone wiped and reinstalled their playbook lately.!??? MAJOR ORDEAL. TREAD WARILY AS BlackBerry doesnt seem to be supporting and maintaining it's website to allow you to reinstall. I kid you not the website was down for two solid weeks which meant playbook was useless til for that amount of time . Which is why I thot of the acronis alternative. But whatever. Time to move on I suppose to newer tablet with better support from management
    03-09-14 07:20 PM