I am in the market for a playbook but only if it runs some sort of accounting software that I can keep track of my income/expenses and also create invoices. (Ex. Quickbooks).
    In addition I would need it to have microsoft office capabilities.

I am running a small business, please tell me does the playbook do these things?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 09:11 PM
    Not currently. I dont think any tablets have Quickbooks. Get a netbook
    09-05-11 09:18 PM
    The pb does have a slimmed down version of Office stuff in the form of documents-to-go (included with pb). But Word is the best of the bunch and it could use improvements.
    09-05-11 10:05 PM
    windows 7 tablet?

Windows 8 they are saying Aprilish.

09-05-11 10:10 PM
    windows 7 tablet?

That's Microsoft you're talking about there - if they say April for a Windows release then they really mean October.
    09-05-11 10:42 PM
    I am in the market for a playbook but only if it runs some sort of accounting software that I can keep track of my income/expenses and also create invoice
    Regret the PB can not presently do serious business APPS.
    Your best bet is to get a network with windows and windows PROGRAMS.

That being said, quicken.com has a series of quickbook products called quicken online that might work with the PB through web browser. Their website does not specifically say for use with PB.
    Last edited by mandony; 09-06-11 at 10:10 AM.
    09-05-11 10:44 PM
    Quickbooks also has an online version.
    09-06-11 05:38 AM
    Hi,

You might use this place to get the software for your requirement. This one helped me to get flexible account maintenance.

free accounting software

thanks
    02-04-12 03:03 AM
    I am in the market for a playbook but only if it runs some sort of accounting software that I can keep track of my income/expenses and also create invoices. (Ex. Quickbooks).

I am running a small business, please tell me does the playbook do these things?

You might take a look at Citrix Receiver in App World. I downloaded a free demo version and it does at least some of what you need.
    02-04-12 04:42 PM
    That's Microsoft you're talking about there - if they say April for a Windows release then they really mean October.
    The Windows 8 beta (aka Consumer Preview) will be out near the end of the month, with the formal release being targeted for third quarter of 2012. There is, however, some talk that a few tablet manufacturers may release Windows 8 tablets with the beta either this spring or summer, with an upgrade to the full release when it goes final. If this happens, it is cetainly being done with Microsoft's blessing. Given the current beta is more complete and bug free than any version of Android, and expensive Windows 7 tablets held more market share than several products including the Playbook in the past quarter, it certainly could happen.
    02-04-12 05:05 PM

There are several mediocre expense tracking programs in the Appworld, but nothing like Quickbooks. If that is what you need, there are ported versions of Quickbooks for both IOS and Android. Like all tablet software though, they are scaled back, rather than full versions. Last I checked, Quickbooks for Android is also actually meant for phones. That is the problem many people here don't seem to realize about the half million Android apps. In addition to the fact that 499,000 are utter garbage, many have never been optimized to run on tablets. As a case in pont, although there is a Netflix app, and it may work, Toshiba still lists it as being incompatible with their Thrive tablets.

With respect to Microsoft Office, keep in mind that you can use the Office Live Apps through Skydrive. They certainly have more features than Docs to Go, and are obviously 100% compatible wth Office 2010. Although SKydrive defaults to the mobile interface with the PB browser, all you need to do is tap on PC Site at the bottom of the screen to switch to the interface that lets you use the live apps.
    malcerie likes this.
    02-04-12 05:19 PM
    windows 7 tablet?

Where did you hear April?

Windows beta hasn't even been announced and it usually takes them a few months to test drive the beta and then the preview.

April is the rumor of all rumors considering that the ARM version of Win 8 hasn't been released to developers AFAIK.

So realistically, don't expect any Win 8 tablets until much later this year.
    02-04-12 05:43 PM
    i think so You might use this place to get the software for your requirement. This one helped me to get flexible account maintenance. you free online invoice software
    06-27-14 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD