I wiped the PB after putting 2.0 on it as I read that can make it perform better. After I did that and got all my applications and data back, I accidentally hit the lock icon when I wanted to just put it to standby.

Previously I always used a password but after the wipe and OS reinstall, I had not set one. Anyway it would not let me do anything until I entered the password and the old one did not work. I tried everything I could think of and eventually hit 10 trys and it erased itself.

I googled and searched here for default playbook password and could not find one. Must be some kind of bug that it would let me lock it without having first set the password. So now I get to rebuild the thing again.

BTW, it did work a lot faster after I wiped it and reinstalled the OS2 and applications. I installed them fresh and not from backup so that I would not carry anything over from the betas etc.
    02-25-12 12:47 AM
    i believe the default password is 'blackberry',
    02-25-12 12:53 AM
    I confirm that wiping defiantly helps make the pb much faster.... I was on beta and upgraded from there
    02-25-12 12:58 AM
    I was on beta and upgraded, then decided to wipe and reinstall.
    I didn't really see much change in either option.
    I guess it's a matter of preference.
    02-25-12 12:59 AM
    i believe the default password is 'blackberry',
    I tried that many times. In fact it prompted me to use it. It was always displayed in double quotes. I did not enter the quotes, maybe that was the problem. Anyway, it is downloading OS2 again after I started it this AM. I will be sure to set up my password this time.
    02-25-12 06:19 AM
    While not directly applicable but when I did a DM debrick on my OS1 unit a week ago, when it rebooted, it was pretty clean but it actually still maintained the original Password I had placed on it. I found it odd that a Debrick did not remove the password while cleaning out every other nook and cranny.
    02-25-12 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD