Hi everyone

(Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere before... I did do my best to look for something!)

I love my Playbook and I've therefore purchased a good journal-style case to protect it. However, what I didn't realise before was that the case covers the screen bezel to such an extent that I can't easily make the swipe gestures to return to the homescreen or show a menu, etc. I therefore wondered if there is another way of getting back to the homescreen? Can one of the physical buttons (e.g. the play/pause button, which I never use) be assigned to return to the homescreen, or is there an app which will provide similar functionality?

I can lift the edge of the cover enough to make the swipe gesture work, but I can see that in time I'm going to wreck the case doing so.

Any suggestions appreciated! Many thanks!
    01-12-12 03:41 AM
    I found this issue, one of the problems with not purchasing a BB approved case (not sure if yours is the same) it was a cheapy from ebay, so as a result I have taken a pair of scissors to the bottom part of the case and carefully cut away about 1cm so that the PB is still held but so I can swipe.

I think a slightly more expensive investment may be in order for a case.

To answer your original question however, I am afraid I do not have an answer for that one
    jordandrews90 and sdcbmthsch like this.
    01-12-12 03:52 AM
    Thank you for your response; I must admit I hadn't thought of taking such drastic action! Maybe I'll have to do so, or at least cough up a bit more for a 'better' case!!
    01-12-12 03:58 AM
    There are several threads here about the Acase and Blurex deluxe leather cases with built in stand for Playbook that do not block the bezel, ports, speakers, volume controls, etc, available at Amazon.com for under $20 with free shipping. I got the blurex and love that I can charge it with the case closed, very slim case, good protection without adding much bulk.
    sdcbmthsch likes this.
    01-12-12 06:29 AM
    The BB Convertable case is the way to go. Nice and sturdy and does not cover any of the bezel. Sweet!
    sdcbmthsch likes this.
    01-12-12 06:44 AM
    i brought one on ebay and it dont cover the bezel at all and acts as a stand too was 11gbp
    Leather Fit Smart Case Cover Stand for Blackberry Playbook PC68 | eBay
    sdcbmthsch likes this.
    01-12-12 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD