If you can read the screen of the smartphone then the screen of the tablet will be even easier on your eyes.
    Not so! BBM on my Torch for example have a better an much more readable font than on my PB. Some apps on the PB have a really small font. Even smaller than the default font on your phone.
    In short: Yes the PB is bigger than the phone and No, the font is more readable.

...No, the BlackBerry PlayBook does not support braille, ...
    This was not a nice thing to say my friend.
    12-09-11 06:29 AM
    If you can read the screen of the smartphone then the screen of the tablet will be even easier on your eyes. No, the BlackBerry PlayBook does not support braille, though there is an application to read stuff back to you but nothing compared to some of the features of Microsoft Windows on a desktop or notebook computer. Accessibility features come later in a product's life cycle due to the excessive costs associated with such capability. Given the low marketshare to date of this tablet I would not bet on any "accessibility features."
    Oh how I wish you were correct. I decided to vote with my wallet and returned it.

I got my first BlackBerry over 11 years ago (950-4) and have been hooked ever since.

I was saddened to have to return the PlayBook but I couldn't count on OS2 addressing the lack of accessibility support. Its not just about font size either. Reverse contrast is just as important to me.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-09-11 12:38 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD