Is it possible to access network shares folder (when connected to the local network) via WiFi? It is possible to see playbook from a network PC so I was hoping I could do the same for the opposite as well so far I havent find a way for solving this
    05-18-11 07:29 PM
    if you are asking how wifi file sharing works, do the following:
    1- on pb, turn file sharing on, wifi file sharing on, and consider password protecting
    2- on win pc, add network place using //"pb ip address"/media
    3- enter password if prompted
    You should then be able to access pb file structure from pc, but not pc from pb
    In practice, i use pb as a poor man's file server, editing office docs on pb from both my desktop and laptop. Great for sharing files with colleagues and/or office support
    05-18-11 09:02 PM
    @md540 - Thank you for your response. Indeed, I do use the WiFi sharing. My question was if it is possbiel to access shared drives on a PC from Playbook
    05-18-11 09:07 PM
    @md540 - Thank you for your response. Indeed, I do use the WiFi sharing. My question was if it is possbiel to access shared drives on a PC from Playbook
    Do you mean like this?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/or...d-free-612492/
    05-18-11 09:12 PM
    Hi

This may not be exactly what you want. There is a file browser called Ghost Commander. This allows you to FTP to a server through the file browser and it seems to work as a windows share using Samba. That is, you can map from your Playbook AND can drag and drop both ways from your Playbook. There is a thread in Crackberry and the site is. The file can be downloaded through appworld. The software site is

https://sites.google.com/site/ghostcommander1/info

It's free and you can donate through the "About" page

AB
    03-11-13 05:43 PM
    Also "net shares file explorer" does the same. 75p in the app store
    I've just started using this as ghost commander keeps crashing and not connecting.
    03-11-13 05:49 PM
    ES File Explorer also allows the Playbook to access FTP servers and Samba shares. It's free but you'll have to sideload it.
    03-11-13 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD