Is it possible to access internet on Playbook through USB when connected to computer?
    I don't have WiFi at work and wanted to share Internet through PC.

I can see the connection in Network Connections on the computer, the tablet gets an IP but still no Internet access.
    11-18-11 05:01 PM
    Is it possible to access internet on Playbook through USB when connected to computer?
    I don't have WiFi at work and wanted to share Internet through PC.

I can see the connection in Network Connections on the computer, the tablet gets an IP but still no Internet access.
    Dont u have a Blackberry phone, that would solve all your problems.....and I dont think the PB can access internet via a USB hookup to a computer.
    11-18-11 06:51 PM
    it'd be nice if the software/hardware supported a micro-usb -> ethernet connection, that'd be such a huge selling feature.
    11-18-11 06:55 PM
    Dont u have a Blackberry phone, that would solve all your problems.....and I dont think the PB can access internet via a USB hookup to a computer.
    i dont have a bb phone... i got the playbook today because it was on sale
    11-18-11 07:19 PM
    OK. Not sure I understand you, sorry. You have internet on your computer and you want to use that internet for your playbook?

That is not possible thru the usb port. I think there might be a way to make your computer like a wifi hotspot but not sure. All though if it is a work computer that option is probably out.
    11-18-11 07:32 PM
    if your pc has a wifi card or wifi usb adapter you can use connectify ( Connectify � Your Hotspot, Your Way )to turn your pc into a wifi hotspot.
    11-18-11 07:41 PM
    The playbook can connect to most cellphones by bluetooth. So,ifyour cellphone has bluetooth and you have a data plan you should be able to tether your phone to your playbook and provide it withinternet access. Otherwise, you need a wifi connection.
    11-18-11 07:50 PM
    i dont have a bb phone... i got the playbook today because it was on sale
    so do u have a phone that can access the internet, u can use that to hook up to the internet.....as mentioned by pickles above^^
    11-18-11 08:05 PM
    If one has a 9810 and a PB you should be able to connect to the net through Bluetooth?

Does the playbook have a USB port? Can you hook up a Rocket Stick for internet access?

The playbook can connect to most cellphones by bluetooth. So,ifyour cellphone has bluetooth and you have a data plan you should be able to tether your phone to your playbook and provide it withinternet access. Otherwise, you need a wifi connection.
    Last edited by semperfi45; 11-18-11 at 08:21 PM.
    11-18-11 08:13 PM
    If one has a 9810 and a PB you should be able to connect to the net through Bluetooth?

Does the playbook have a USB port? Can you hook up a Rocket Stick for internet access?
    The BRIDGE app on the bb phone connects to the pb. The pb can use that connection (bluetooth) to connect to the web both through the Bridge Browser and if there is no wifi but there is a 3g/data connection through the regular pb browser.

The pb has a micro-usb connector which currently only allows charging and connecting to transfer data to/from the pb/computer. It does NOT connect to usb memory sticks/disks or other peripherals.
    semperfi45 likes this.
    11-18-11 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD