Do they ask you to take PB out of case at security?
    01-29-12 10:01 AM
    Went through Manchester yesterday they didnt ask me to get it out seperately, i just did it.
    01-29-12 10:10 AM
    Do they ask you to take PB out of case at security?
    In my limited travel so far with the Playbook, I would say no. I treated the Playbook like a laptop/netbook: I put it in a separate tray when it went through the x-ray scanner. I didn't remove it from the zippered soft case.

The zippered soft case I have is the Blackberry one (gray with lime interior). One of the security people even asked me if it was a Playbook and what I thought of it!
    01-29-12 10:16 AM
    nope never been asked to remove it from the case and i travel with it all the time.. do NOT take your eyes off it though. Very easy for someone to pick up.
    01-29-12 10:22 AM
    No need to for travel in the US. I travel frequently and anything from a netbook to an iPad to the playbook does not need to be taken out. I just flew to Hawaii yesterday and left my Palybook and iPad in my backpack and put the backpack through the security scanner.
    01-29-12 10:25 AM
    I haven't personally but it does differ from airport to airport [yes, the inconsistency scares me]. My suggestion to save yourself a few mins to just treat it like a laptop rather than having TSA noticing it and have to re-scan your things. Everyone already knows how chaotic security can be so every second counts. I used to travel with my PS3 and some airports see it in my duffle bag and let it go and others make me take it out. Kinda holds things up when you need to go back and unpack have something re-scanned where you could have already put your shoes back on, grab your things and be on your way.
    Teamxrx likes this.
    01-29-12 10:26 AM
    was asked in thailand manila and hong kong to take out last week, was dissapointed as id travelled 2 weeks without taking it out as my iphone fulfilled all my needz while travelling lol
    01-29-12 10:28 AM
    TSA = Thug Security Arses!
    01-29-12 10:28 AM
    Glad to know that. Gonna be travelling with mine weekend after next...
    01-29-12 10:31 AM
    I did NOT have to take mine out @ gfk (grand forks, nd) or at ORD (chicago O'Hare). The thing that got me in trouble was the bottle of water in my jacket pocket!
    01-29-12 10:36 AM
    Thanks for this thread. Hubby and I are going on a cruise next weekend and we'll be taking at least one Playbook and two e-readers. I will have all the devices in one flat, zippered compartment in my oversized travel purse. They will be easy to locate and remove should security request it. Our flight leaves Toronto at 6 am next Sunday and I don't know if security is going to be more stringent or less at 4 am! (That's when we have to be at the airport for a 6 am flight to Florida.)
    01-29-12 10:42 AM
    except for one time when the security guy said that i have ipad in my bag and then asking me what it was cause it was no ipad and liked the size of it, never.
    01-29-12 10:47 AM
    Thanks for this thread. Hubby and I are going on a cruise next weekend and we'll be taking at least one Playbook and two e-readers. I will have all the devices in one flat, zippered compartment in my oversized travel purse. They will be easy to locate and remove should security request it. Our flight leaves Toronto at 6 am next Sunday and I don't know if security is going to be more stringent or less at 4 am! (That's when we have to be at the airport for a 6 am flight to Florida.)
    It should not be a problem. My iPad, PB and kindle were all in my backpack and went through security with no problem. Enjoy the cruise
    01-29-12 10:57 AM
    PB and kindle and cameras, phones and gps's all in carry-on backpack. Did not remove anything on 2 roundtrips and one, one-way (no pb on that one - no reception in backcountry Sierra). They did notice and confiscate the swiss army knife on the return that had flown WITH me on the outgoing flight!!!!!
    01-29-12 10:58 AM
    Thanks for the responses. I always have to take the laptop out of the case and did wonder if I would need to do the same with the PB. Neve been asked to take the BB phone out of its case. Flying out of Toronto in Febrary so thought I would ask. I also carry a CPAP machine and sometimes must take it out of the case and other times they could care less, so I guess it depends on the staff and/or the airport.
    01-29-12 01:38 PM
    TSA = Thug Security Arses!
    They are calculating your location NOW!
    Bisboxer likes this.
    01-29-12 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD