I have a playbook, bought years ago when I saw that it will get BB10 update. I liked bb devices but they are very overpriced in Turkey. I bought a playbook with a good deal and waited until I learned it would not get the update.

Now the question, I learned that the device can be upgraded to BB10 by other means or android apps can be installed on it. There are many tutorials on the internet and I'm not a very experienced user and I also do not want to destroy my only tablet because of a silly mistake so I came to you guys, the authority for BB.

What I want from you is to help me to decide what can I do to get the best from my playbook and also send me links about a very simple, safe and descriptive tutorials.

My device's wifi range dropped dramatically as well, I do not know why.

If anyone wants to help me more, my mail address is ercangul @ outlook. com

*I know the risks of such actions but I really got fed up with old app world.
    02-02-16 03:55 AM
    Unfortunately there is no way of installing a properly running version of BlackBerry OS 10 on the Playbook.
    02-02-16 05:23 AM
    I understand that, all I want is to be able to use essential apps, like skype, pocket, and a decent facebook app etc.
    02-02-16 07:53 AM
    I understand that, all I want is to be able to use essential apps, like skype, pocket, and a decent facebook app etc.
    I am afraid to inform you that you will NOT be able to do what you want to on the Playbook. The android limitation is as old as Gingerbread (ver. 2.3), so that only older apps will work and they have to be sideloaded. Skype and facebook will not work. The Playbook has basically been relegated to a media player and bedside clock. I still use mine for watching videos and listening to music and reading the occasional book (it has fantastic sound!). My suggestion to you is to visit the Playbook Forum on Crackberry here and learn what it can and cannot do. Good luck!
    02-02-16 09:48 AM
    I am afraid to inform you that you will NOT be able to do what you want to on the Playbook. The android limitation is as old as Gingerbread (ver. 2.3), so that only older apps will work and they have to be sideloaded. Skype and facebook will not work. The Playbook has basically been relegated to a media player and bedside clock. I still use mine for watching videos and listening to music and reading the occasional book (it has fantastic sound!). My suggestion to you is to visit the Playbook Forum on Crackberry here and learn what it can and cannot do. Good luck!
    Should I cross out installing bb10 option as well? I was planning using it as a picture frame
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-02-16 01:29 PM