Hey,

I have a 16 gig Playbook and i have this doubt about the free space:

- At the "My Computer" folder, the Playbook device has 3,64 of 13,4gb free space.

(I guess the missing 2,6gb(to 16gb) are for the OS).

So, after a search(proprieties of every folder in "My Computer/Playbook device/" the used total was 6,1079 Gb (Misc + Photos + Camera + Books, etc). I didnt count the "My Computer/Playbook device/Video" folder, since the "My Computer/Playbook device/misc" folder also had a video folder with the same files( 4 files = 2,15Gb).

So, Math tells me that i should have 7,2921 free Gb(13,4 - 6,1079) and not the 3,64Gb that are available, so IM MISSING 3,6521 Gb... Even if i count the "My Computer/Playbook device/Video" folder IM STILL MISSING 1,5021 Gb(,651 - 2,15 Gb)...

Any help?

Wheres my free space? lol

Tks

Pedro
    08-07-12 04:09 PM
    Hey,

I have a 16 gig Playbook and i have this doubt about the free space:

- At the "My Computer" folder, the Playbook device has 3,64 of 13,4gb free space.

(I guess the missing 2,6gb(to 16gb) are for the OS).

So, after a search(proprieties of every folder in "My Computer/Playbook device/" the used total was 6,1079 Gb (Misc + Photos + Camera + Books, etc). I didnt count the "My Computer/Playbook device/Video" folder, since the "My Computer/Playbook device/misc" folder also had a video folder with the same files( 4 files = 2,15Gb).

So, Math tells me that i should have 7,2921 free Gb(13,4 - 6,1079) and not the 3,64Gb that are available, so IM MISSING 3,6521 Gb... Even if i count the "My Computer/Playbook device/Video" folder IM STILL MISSING 1,5021 Gb(,651 - 2,15 Gb)...

Any help?

Wheres my free space? lol

Tks

Pedro
    16 GB Equals 14.7 GB

16 GB never means 16 GB. This is true of Flash storage, hard drive storage etc.
    PedroBorgas and todbanner like this.
    08-07-12 04:47 PM
    The missing 3,6521Gb are the OS?
    08-07-12 05:33 PM
    You may want to check this one:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-736927/
    08-07-12 05:41 PM
    Maybe between PedroBorgas and Diegonei they will tell us monolinginual people what this says about this interesting topic.
    08-07-12 05:58 PM
    Maybe between PedroBorgas and Diegonei they will tell us monolinginual people what this says about this interesting topic.
    It don't follow. All post in both threads are in English...
    08-07-12 06:26 PM
    Did you count any apps that you may have installed? Some apps, especially some games, can take up a fair amount of space.
    08-07-12 07:02 PM
    Check android files and folders for junk cache images etc. If all else fails upgrade to a 64
    08-07-12 08:21 PM

I didnt follow it either, but if you are talking about repeated threads:

1 - When i was writing the thread, no similar ones appeared;

2 - Maybe you should call a mod;

3 - Thank you for YOUR "help"...

(edit: forgot a word ^^)
    Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    Last edited by PedroBorgas; 08-08-12 at 02:30 AM.
    08-08-12 02:28 AM
    Did you count any apps that you may have installed? Some apps, especially some games, can take up a fair amount of space.
    Maybe...

If the "misc" folder is all about Android apps and Emuls, i am missing a native installed apps folder...

I have some big apps installed...

Maybe its that man, tks

But how do i see the total space used by native apps??

08-08-12 02:34 AM
    If all else fails upgrade to a 64

Ahah i wish...

08-08-12 02:49 AM
    Maybe...

If the "misc" folder is all about Android apps and Emuls, i am missing a native installed apps folder...

I have some big apps installed...

Maybe its that man, tks

But how do i see the total space used by native apps??

You didn't check the thread I linked, did you? You can tell how much space apps are taking...
    08-08-12 08:41 AM
    You didn't check the thread I linked, did you? You can tell how much space apps are taking...

Hey, tks for the thread, but when i saw the link i was already in bed and since then i haven't had the chance to use a computer...

I'll do it when i get home

Tks and sorry

08-08-12 08:54 AM
    Edit:

Yeah, i just the read the other thread...

My problem is that i don't use the desktop manager very often... I just copy/past files...

Sorry everybody, and thank you'll
    Last edited by PedroBorgas; 08-08-12 at 09:22 AM.
    08-08-12 09:11 AM
    What app are you viewing the files with in the playbook? Files and folders is a great app for viewing hidden files and it has built in access to (3) cloud storage.

A cloud account may help you to free up some of your internal storage and still have access to the data when you're in bed, on the throne or even when you are at Mcd's, Panera bread, Sheets, an internet cafe or any place that has a wifi connetion.

Also ....... Did you know that the "Splashtop Streamer" app would permit you to access your computer from your Playbook and any wifi connection, then you can watch video and listen to music while the file plays on your computer, you can see the video and hear the audio over the Playbook. It is a great app and well worth the money.
    Last edited by kretch; 08-08-12 at 10:36 AM. Reason: More info
    08-08-12 10:33 AM
    I didnt follow it either, but if you are talking about repeated threads:

1 - When i was writing the thread, no similar ones appeared;

2 - Maybe you should call a mod;

3 - Thank you for YOUR "help"...

(edit: forgot a word ^^)
    Point was that in the BB app world referenced app was to a journal in Portugese. I did not down load app for that reason but assumed that the journal would contain pertinent material. No need for the sarcastic comments in 2 and 3 above. I certainly was not talking about repeated threads although this sometimes leads moderators to combine threads. The OP and the responder certainly seem to have very good control of the English language and could fill the monolingual English speakers in on pertinent points from a journal they can read proficiently.
    08-08-12 10:35 AM
    Point was that in the BB app world referenced app was to a journal in Portugese. I did not down load app for that reason but assumed that the journal would contain pertinent material. No need for the sarcastic comments in 2 and 3 above. I certainly was not talking about repeated threads although this sometimes leads moderators to combine threads. The OP and the responder certainly seem to have very good control of the English language and could fill the monolingual English speakers in on pertinent points from a journal they can read proficiently.
    No offense, but English is my first language, and I had no idea what you were talking about either. Plus it just now took me a while to figure out what you possibly could be referring with the not terribly intelligible "Point was that in the BB app world referenced app was to a journal in Portug[u]ese."

Then it dawned on me that you were referring to the link in Diego's signature. If I had a difficult time deciphering your meaning, I can only imagine the difficulty Pedro and Diego had. More to the point, being part of his signature, the link obviously has no bearing on the topic at hand.
    08-08-12 10:55 AM
    Sorry for the 2 and 3, but i thought you were commin at me

Do you need help in portuguese??
    Still not getting it lol

08-08-12 11:39 AM

No offense, but English is my first language, and I had no idea what you were talking about either. Plus it just now took me a while to figure out what you possibly could be referring with the not terribly intelligible "Point was that in the BB app world referenced app was to a journal in Portug[u]ese."

Then it dawned on me that you were referring to the link in Diego's signature. If I had a difficult time deciphering your meaning, I can only imagine the difficulty Pedro and Diego had. More to the point, being part of his signature, the link obviously has no bearing on the topic at hand.
    Man, thank you SO MUCH! I was reading the OP OVER AND OVER again trying to figure out what on Earth he was talking about!!!

Maybe I'll lower the size of my link so my signature doesn't stand out so much.

Thanks again!
    08-08-12 12:11 PM

My apologies I did make an error in jumping below the line to the app reference perhaps because of the late hour. I certainly meant no offense to the two gentlemen who may have Portuguese as their first among perhaps several languages. I sincerely wanted information which might be interesting and informative from journals I am not able to read. Blackberry has a world wide presence and there are smart and clever people everywhere. I have no second language despite having had three years of Latin in high school ages ago and one year of German in college.
    08-08-12 09:07 PM
    My apologies I did make an error in jumping below the line to the app reference perhaps because of the late hour. I certainly meant no offense to the two gentlemen who may have Portuguese as their first among perhaps several languages. I sincerely wanted information which might be interesting and informative from journals I am not able to read. Blackberry has a world wide presence and there are smart and clever people everywhere. I have no second language despite having had three years of Latin in high school ages ago and one year of German in college.
    Latim o.0

Anyway, can't use the app due to linguistic issues? Your PlayBook got you covered nonetheless: Use the browser! Papo GP

Do forgive Google for the poor some translation here and there, but it's still readable.

It's a project management blog (which is quite good, if I may so say myself ).
    08-08-12 10:03 PM
    So, now i know that with the new DM i have access to "Apps"... Silly laizy me ^^

08-09-12 05:25 PM
    Decided to run a "little experiment" on behalf of all of us...

Just debricked my PB and I'm now on 2.1.0.560 beta. No apps or files but what comes with the OS.

Total Storage: 29.6 GB
    Free Storage 26 GB
    Applications: 466 MB
    Media: 197 MB

Gonna fire AppWorld and download my stuff, then load songs/vids/photos and settings from a backup.

EDIT: All my stuff is loaded and the results are...

Total Storage: 29.6 GB
    Free Storage 9.6 GB
    Applications: 9.58 MB
    Media: 6.02 MB

26 - 9.58 - 6.02 = 10.4

That's 0.8 GB of hidden files. Around the same as in my previous test in the other thread.
    Last edited by diegonei; 08-10-12 at 10:08 AM.
    08-09-12 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD