1. onceyougoblackyounevergoback's Avatar
    About to do a security wipe, i don't want to back anything up, and just wondering about a few things.

Fresh out of the box how much usable storage is a 64Gb playbook supposed to have?

Will appworld let me reinstall the apps I have already paid for?

Thx
    01-08-12 09:28 PM
    About to do a security wipe, i don't want to back anything up, and just wondering about a few things.

Fresh out of the box how much usable storage is a 64Gb playbook supposed to have?
    64 less 1 or 2 gbs?

Will appworld let me reinstall the apps I have already paid for?
    Yup it might make u 'pay for it' but when u log in to pay it'll say u've paid for it already and u can reinstall it.
    01-08-12 10:50 PM
  3. onceyougoblackyounevergoback's Avatar
    64 less 1 or 2 gbs?
    Thanks for the reply, appworld just let me reinstall all apps, but my computer found 54.8gb of 58.2gb available.

Looks like there is a seagate goflex satellite in my future.
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-08-12 11:13 PM
    The easiest way to reinstall is:

Once you have reregistered it, go to app world on pb, go to My World tab, go to uninstalled tab, you she the list of apps you installed under this account. Annoyed me at first, but now I'm quite fond of this feature.
    01-09-12 12:26 AM
    Only one way you lose. If app upgraded in price, you have to pay.
    You are never forced to upgrade unless you uninstall (or security wipe).
    I am very pleased with how apps purchasing & reinstalling is set up!
    Ennoy :-)
    01-09-12 08:11 AM
    Thanks for the reply, appworld just let me reinstall all apps, but my computer found 54.8gb of 58.2gb available.

Looks like there is a seagate goflex satellite in my future.
    Response from SeagateCSODecember 19, 2011
    Dear Valued Seagate Customer,

This response is from Seagate Support and we'd like to apologize for the lack of WebOS and BlackBerry apps for the GoFlex Satellite. Please note that the GoFlex Satellite is still accessible through the web browser on these devices. While the drive will be accessible through the browsers, the Satellite has not been tested in these environments and we do not have information about how those browsers will handle the files.

Any device that can select which WiFi signal to use and has a browser can connect through the browser to this device.

Best Regards,
    Seagate Support

Seagate - GoFlex Satellite
    01-09-12 08:16 AM
    mine went from 14.7 showing avaliable. After dling two apps (Modern combat at around 350 mb) and updated nfs (at around 300 mb) its showing me 10.5 gb left... so ya
    01-09-12 12:37 PM
  8. onceyougoblackyounevergoback's Avatar
    mine went from 14.7 showing avaliable. After dling two apps (Modern combat at around 350 mb) and updated nfs (at around 300 mb) its showing me 10.5 gb left... so ya
    I had a similar experience I downloaded about 500mb worth of app data after my wipe, and after installation it took up just under 2Gb.

I assume that it downloads a compressed file (lets say a 500mb game), installs it (another group of files the larger than the first) and keeps the download.

I have tried to use file browser to locate the download, to see if I could remove it, with no luck so far.
    01-09-12 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD