So since we don't have any working a2dp solution I've found a solution and I tested it in my Cayenne and it worked flawlessly.

Amazon.com: Britelink (TM) Bluetooth Audio Transmitter: Portable, Bluetooth Music Transmitter for 3.5 mm Audio Devices Wireless Streaming (iPod,MP3,MP4,TV,media players...): MP3 Players & Accessories

Yea sucks we have to pay for it but I couldn't wait any longer having the playbook with me and not being able to use the music from it sucked more.
    JR A likes this.
    11-07-11 01:03 PM
    Wait, PB doesn't have A2DP feature? If I to pair my PB with a bluetooth speakers, it won't work?
    11-07-11 01:40 PM
    Wait, PB doesn't have A2DP feature? If I to pair my PB with a bluetooth speakers, it won't work?
    Nope not at the moment, its supposedly a feature that will be released in an update at some point.

I should also mention I was a bit worried I wouldn't be able to pair it because it doesn't have any place to enter the bluetooth code but thats not the case it synced and connected flawlessly on my first attempt (it has basic codes built in 0000, 1234 and a few others so as long as your device can accept those which most a2dp speakers/car kits do it'll work).
    dennie82 likes this.
    11-07-11 02:05 PM
    The minimal requirement which every smartphone supports is to be able to pause/play and move backward/forward through the track list, which this gizmo doesn't let you do. Good cheap price, though.
    11-07-11 02:48 PM
    The minimal requirement which every smartphone supports is to be able to pause/play and move backward/forward through the track list, which this gizmo doesn't let you do. Good cheap price, though.
    Sorry I am not understanding what you are saying? Are you saying the transmitter can't control pause/play back/forward dirctly from it? If so you are absolutely correct, but the transmitter attaches to the headphone port and you have the screen of the playbook to do the rest. There may be one with all those functions but as you said good price point.
    11-07-11 03:05 PM
    Sorry I am not understanding what you are saying? Are you saying the transmitter can't control pause/play back/forward dirctly from it? If so you are absolutely correct, but the transmitter attaches to the headphone port and you have the screen of the playbook to do the rest. There may be one with all those functions but as you said good price point.
    My point was that if you have to control playback on the screen of the playbook, then you lose a lot of the benefit of using a wireless headset. Here's one example. You could be working out in the gym and you left the PB in your bag while listening to an audio book. If someone tries to talk to you, you can't pause the playback, you basically have to take the headphones off while the rest of the book is narrated leaving you behind.
    11-07-11 03:19 PM
    So, once again, the solutions to the pb's limitations are additional devices: A bt transmitter to finally get a2dp. External keyboards and mice to help us type and fix typos on the pb. And, I can get native email if I use my desktop computer. A complete solution will soon be available to make up for the pb's continued (until Feb?????) shortcomings.
    11-07-11 03:45 PM
    My point was that if you have to control playback on the screen of the playbook, then you lose a lot of the benefit of using a wireless headset. Here's one example. You could be working out in the gym and you left the PB in your bag while listening to an audio book. If someone tries to talk to you, you can't pause the playback, you basically have to take the headphones off while the rest of the book is narrated leaving you behind.
    Yup that def makes sense (I only use it my car) but you are 100% correct in those situations it definately would be nice to use something that lets you change controls, maybe another device would, I just couldn't justify spending to much on a feature that should be natively released with a software upgrade.
    11-07-11 06:08 PM
    So, once again, the solutions to the pb's limitations are additional devices: A bt transmitter to finally get a2dp. External keyboards and mice to help us type and fix typos on the pb. And, I can get native email if I use my desktop computer. A complete solution will soon be available to make up for the pb's continued (until Feb?????) shortcomings.
    Bahahaha, particularly liked the native email on desktop computer.

erandhawa, how big would you say that little bluetooth box is? Can't really get a good idea from the pictures on Amazon. Card size? Might prove useful.
    11-08-11 12:33 AM
    LOL@desktop computer.

Or, you know, your phone.

Or, you know, the native email on the device itself (it comes with Google Mail that supports unlimited exchange emails in OS 2.0 beta). But you need to install it again for the icon to appear.
    11-08-11 12:52 AM
    Thanks!

Didn't even think of this before!
    11-08-11 02:51 AM
    erandhawa, how big would you say that little bluetooth box is? Can't really get a good idea from the pictures on Amazon. Card size? Might prove useful.
    If only there was some sort of reference item to judge scale from. Like a 3.5mm plug, or a USB plug. That would help, wouldn't it?
    11-08-11 04:35 AM
    Isn't this really kind of silly to listen to bluetooth headsets and be tied to having to carry the playbook around with you to feed it? Just use the phone or get an ipod shuffle. The point of the bluetooth headset is to be light and portable.
    11-08-11 05:03 AM
    You mean like this external device to get HDMI?
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-08-11 05:06 AM
    Ahem - I am not the one comparing to another device which shall not be named.

I am just suggesting that some aspects of MY device, a pb, are lacking. And I did consider a device like the OP suggested but did not want yet another dongle and expect that rim will someday

And, yes, for music, my bb phone is probably a better alternative with a2dp. BUT when I watch those glorious videos on my 21st century pb, I would expect to be wireLESS, too.

I admit I just threw the email/computer analogy in to be cute. A tablet can't do all things - not yet anyway and I don't expect it to. But, really, no a2dp after 7 months?
    11-08-11 09:25 AM
    You're right on that one. But the iPad isn't struggling to find its market like the PlayBook is. In light of their relative market positions, comparisons don't serve the PlayBook well.
    11-08-11 09:49 AM
    I agree F2, I went to beta 2.0 thinking maybe, just maybe, it would have a2dp...nope it doesnt, but i will say i use my phone for work with my stereo headset and works beautifully. Also this dongle is great and have had one for my xm in my car but its not what I'd want to have to rely on. So for the meantime i just use my aux-in in the car and works like a charm.
    11-08-11 01:01 PM
    If only there was some sort of reference item to judge scale from. Like a 3.5mm plug, or a USB plug. That would help, wouldn't it?
    Sorry for the delay hectic week but its roughly 1 in wide by 2 in long and less than 1cm thick. Pretty compact, buddy is borrowing my car and its in their right now can't give exact measurements but those r pretty close.
    11-09-11 02:34 PM
    ... I went to beta 2.0 thinking maybe, just maybe, it would have a2dp...nope it doesnt
    The beta doesn't have A2DP exposed, but it's a stripped-down version for developer testing, so not surprising that (along with dozens of other things) is missing.

On the other hand, there are things to find in the beta's filesystem indicating that 2.0 could have A2DP when it releases, and probably has it in the internal beta builds which have the full set of features. (Basically that's libraries and such, which clearly show A2DP support is at least actively being developed, if not finished.)
    11-09-11 02:40 PM
    IMO, the only solution is A2DP itself. I should not have to do a work around for a tablet that should have had that capability from day one. RIM, this is ridiculous. How does one mess up a tablet with soooo much potential.........let me count the ways.........SAD!!!!!
    11-09-11 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD