And i see the posting ate my spaces. I think you can follow.
    08-28-11 06:22 PM
    So... Is this what you wanted?
    08-30-11 04:48 PM
    ok, here goes.

ping download upload
    wifi 64 12.79 .95
    wifi off 229 .46 .20
    bridge browser 255 .51 .17

Geez, a tab key would be nice.
    Hope that helps.
    What is it connecting to if wifi is off?

I'm loving my PB + 9930 combo. I will have a good chance to test these two over the weekend. Looking forward to it.
    08-30-11 08:35 PM
    So... Is this what you wanted?
    Thank you!

The best way to compare I guess would be if you had a old OS6 device you could run the same test with. OS6 v's OS7 is the comparison.

My 9700 OS 6.0

350 Ping
    0.15 Down
    0.19 Up

As I'm on a different network in a different area the comparison can't be made.
    08-30-11 10:06 PM
    Dig, I'm just figuring it out, but I think that the regular browser runs over the bridge too. I can't be bothered with it, I just use the bridge browser for everything non-wifi.
    Sorry, I have my old OS5 phone, but have no interest in resurrecting it for some sort of speed contest. I'm way more interested in how it performs overall. The bridge will never beat my wifi given the constraints of Bluetooth data rates.
    And R, you're spot on. 3G and wifi speeds are situational and relative to very little, so I don't think this is anything definitive. Obviously, my wifi is faster than the bridge.
    This is really cool, even if the numbers are not traceable to the National Bureau of Standards...
    David
    08-31-11 03:14 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD