Just got my 9930 and it was a big upgrade from my old 9630. Jumping 2 OS from 5 to 7 was big in itself, but the display and interface on the 9930 reminds me of the things I like about the PB.
    I do find myself trying to "swipe" the screen a la the PB...
    Great new phone, great combination.
    Finally!
    Looking forward to updates on both (who isn't?).
    Will post in both 9930 and PB sections.
    David
    08-19-11 09:55 AM
    Are you as well finding that the Bridge speed for messages/bbm/browser has increased vs PB+9630 ?
    08-19-11 10:01 AM
    I agree loving my 9900/Playbook. Much better than my Pre 2 /Touchpad combo
    08-19-11 10:05 AM
    Agreed.

Jumping from a Storm 2 to a 9930 is a huge difference in the quality of the phone, but the increase in Bridge performance makes my Playbook a better experience now too. Couldn't be happier with the 9930. Well, maybe the camera could have been better, but they had to leave something for the Crackberrites to b!+@# about, right?
    lophreaque likes this.
    08-19-11 10:16 AM
    Thats a huge jump from one BB platform to another and i still cant decide wether im going to get the 9930 or 9850. Its hard to make up ones mine on one hand the bold 9930 is the epicenter of BB but anyone who thinks that buttons are going to be around forever and that the touchscreen wont dominate in the future needs to see a doctor.

P.s. im hearing rumors of the PB 2 arriving next year so do you think i should hold out or just get one now?
    08-19-11 04:35 PM
    The Bridge Browser is much faster with the 9930 than the 9650.
    08-19-11 04:57 PM
    If you like the PB interface, it is amplified by combining it with the 9930 IMhO.
    I am still getting used to the 9930 but it is a great overall BB experience.
    Perfect? Yeah, right. I am no fanboy, but they hit most everything right.
    And for me, sticking with my PB makes more sense now.
    David
    08-20-11 09:42 AM
    If you like the PB interface, it is amplified by combining it with the 9930 IMhO.
    I am still getting used to the 9930 but it is a great overall BB experience.
    Perfect? Yeah, right. I am no fanboy, but they hit most everything right.
    And for me, sticking with my PB makes more sense now.
    David
    08-20-11 09:46 AM
    Sorry, double...
    08-20-11 09:47 AM
    Thats a huge jump from one BB platform to another and i still cant decide wether im going to get the 9930 or 9850. Its hard to make up ones mine on one hand the bold 9930 is the epicenter of BB but anyone who thinks that buttons are going to be around forever and that the touchscreen wont dominate in the future needs to see a doctor.

P.s. im hearing rumors of the PB 2 arriving next year so do you think i should hold out or just get one now?
    Can't help you with that one, Vanti.
    I say go for the 99xx. Might as well go with the latest.
    Who says there really will be a PB2? With all the turmoil and tablet competition, who knows what will come out as winners or losers.
    If you like it, and can afford it then buy it.
    Both of these things are really toys, not necessities. At least as far as I am concerned.
    Go for it if it fits your toy budget.
    All I can say is that the experience has been elevated with the latest BB phone.
    Last edited by lophreaque; 08-20-11 at 10:03 AM. Reason: update
    08-20-11 09:59 AM

Sounds like good things are still on the way for the playbook. If you don't like having to wait for these things or want 3/4g I'd say wait for the second one but the current one will still be supported and updated all be it kinda slow right now.
    08-20-11 10:02 AM
    Maybe someday soon you will be able to use the 99xx keyboard with the playbook. I can't think of a better way for RIM reinvigorate the keyboard phone market.
    lophreaque and rajrai10 like this.
    08-20-11 11:16 PM
    i love my pb and 9930. perfect combo in my eyes. and the bridge is much improved i think.
    08-21-11 07:38 AM
    Sounds like good things are still on the way for the playbook. If you don't like having to wait for these things or want 3/4g I'd say wait for the second one but the current one will still be supported and updated all be it kinda slow right now.
    I just hope the next playbook will be released sooner rather than later.
    08-21-11 11:29 AM
    If you want one, buy one... If you wait for the 2 it may never happen.
    I mostly hear complaining about the SOFTWARE and not the HARDWARE of the PB. So, what will a PB2 have that a PB1 doesn't?
    3/4G?
    Different display?
    Better CPU/Graphics?
    It is likely to be incremental hardware updates or else there is something fundamentally missing in the PB1 in order to really run the new software.
    Just go for it if you you want one...
    David
    08-21-11 12:53 PM

As far as I've heard the PB2 is just the 10 inch version isn't it?. I honestly prefer the 7, but might buy a 10 just to have a bigger screen to lug around too.

Also, buy it. it's worth it. Just don't expect it to be like 'Oh my god so many apps weeeee'. The Apps don't suck, but the ones you'll download are useful, not flashy(except Dead Space, which is AMAZING). The only downside to it was a lack of Kindle support, but you can use the kindle online service via the browser now.

I actually prefer the non 3G/4G version, means less money for data line when you ahve bridge anyway
    08-21-11 01:12 PM
    I just got the 9930 today and I just found something that makes me quite happy. You can both tether and bridge AND your phone still has BIS access without having to go into the E-screen. That right there makes my PB more valuable (even though it's quite valuable to me to begin with).

Forgiveness if this has already been noted before.
    08-21-11 05:20 PM
    Basic question

99xx vs. BB 3G phone:
    Is there a difference in performance for bridge and tether browser?
    08-21-11 06:41 PM
    I'm waiting for an LTE Playbook,this along with 9930 should be a nice combo.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-21-11 06:53 PM
    If you have a BB phone, why do you need to wait for a LTE PB?
    The current one's tether and bridge to BB phones and avoid extra network charges needed to use the LTE ... And, who knows when and if LTE will be available on any network.

Just get the 99xx when it comes out on your network, and the current PB anytime
    Last edited by mandony; 08-21-11 at 08:04 PM.
    08-21-11 07:59 PM

Playbook bridged is awesome. If you want a bunch of apps wait just a little bit longer but if you want great browsing using the bridge then go for it. I love my 9650 and PB!
    08-21-11 09:43 PM
    That would be nice, but expensive as the minimum LTE data plan is going to be 50/mo.. Im guessing that plan will be 1 gig only.
    08-22-11 07:18 AM
    If you have a BB phone, why do you need to wait for a LTE PB?
    The current one's tether and bridge to BB phones and avoid extra network charges needed to use the LTE ... And, who knows when and if LTE will be available on any network.

Just get the 99xx when it comes out on your network, and the current PB anytime
    I already have the 9930but I wouldn't be able to talk on the phone and surf at the same time unless I was in a wifi area or had an LTE Playbook. If I had an LTE Playbook bridge would only be used for access to calendar etc.
    08-28-11 05:01 PM
    Can some speed tests be run in the bridge browser please.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 05:17 PM
    ok, here goes.

ping download upload
    wifi 64 12.79 .95
    wifi off 229 .46 .20
    bridge browser 255 .51 .17

Geez, a tab key would be nice.
    Hope that helps.
    08-28-11 06:20 PM
30 12