[RECEIPT ATTACHED ALSO]

Blackberry Playbook, 16gb, $99.99 plus tax (YMMV)

You can get a 16gb Blackberry Playbook, in store, at Office Depot for $299.99, which includes an OD gift card for $200.

OD has an advertised weekly special of $499.99 for the 16gb PB (link below).

http://officedepot.shoplocal.com/...edepot.com

When you make an instore purchase of the PB between 10/23/11 and 10/29/11, OD will automatically give you a $200 OD gift card. The advertisement notes that the "Gift card good toward future purchases." (This is important.) Note that there are no limitations or restrictions on obtaining the gift card, such as cannot be combined with other offers, etc. (Also, important.)

Radio Shack as the 16gb PB for $499.99, with a $200 "instant promotional savings," bringing the price to $299.99 (link below).

http://www.radioshack.com/product...d=11418835

Go to the store at OD and, in the following order: (1) ask them to bring out a 16gb PB (so you can see it and so that they can't lie to you about not having any inventory); (2) ask them to price match Radio Shack (tell them Radio Shack has direct to u so all the stores should have inventory); and (3) once they accept the price match of $299.99, ask them to issue the $200 gift card.

OD will say you are double dipping. However, point to their price match policy found here: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=xIfl350f

Tell them that their policy states: "Our price is the final price you pay after any discounts, coupons, instant savings and mail-in savings are applied." Advise them that the $200 gift card is only for future use and does not involve any discounts, coupons, instant savings or mail-in savings which affects the price you pay. Also, tell them that the advertisement does not have any limitations on the issuance of the gift card (i.e., the advertisement doesn't say you have to buy the PB at full price to get the gift card, or any other limitation for that matter).

This worked for me today. But I tried several stores. I tried to post my receipt below as proof. My total was $332.24 ($299.99 plus $26.25 tax and $6.00 disposal fee). Hopefully, you can create your own fire sale, but the last day is tomorrow (10/29/11). Very YMMV. Good luck!!!

FROM: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3476536
    sharpehenry, JR A and Jake2826 like this.
    10-28-11 10:28 PM
    how did you get this to work if the $200 gift card is for future purchases?
    10-29-11 02:00 AM
    how did you get this to work if the $200 gift card is for future purchases?
    I believe what the OP meant to say is that he got the playbook PMed to $299 and got a $200 GC. That is, he still paid $299+tax but he got a Palybook and the GC.
    10-29-11 02:16 AM
    wait your not actually getting the playbook for $99 right? your getting it for $299 and getiing a gift card for $200 that you can use some other time, correct? if you got for $99 ill go get one tomorrow
    10-29-11 02:21 AM
    yea tru, now he can go back and get a second one for $99 if he uses his gift card.... damn it was gettin sooped up to get a new playbook tomorrow
    10-29-11 02:23 AM
    wait your not actually getting the playbook for $99 right? your getting it for $299 and getiing a gift card for $200 that you can use some other time, correct? if you got for $99 ill go get one tomorrow
    I guess that's right. But you can always sell the GC for about 85-90% of its value on ebay or craigslist (or buy stuff in Office Depot). So, with taxes (I'll take 7% as average), you'll be getting a Playbook for about $150-170 ($21 tax plus GC value loss, ebay and paypal fees).

Still a good deal if you've been wanting to buy the Playbook. Of course if it works. I suspect all Office Depot managers will be informed and instructed pretty soon not to price match.
    10-29-11 02:30 AM
    So technically you can use th gc to buy another one and get another gift card .
    And you can do this. Right after. You buy the first one
    10-29-11 05:09 AM
    ...leading to a chain reaction where one guy ends up cornering the market on 16GB PlayBooks.
    Send Again and mud314 like this.
    10-29-11 09:11 AM
    Dangit, I would've tried this if I'd seen it before it was too late lol.
    Get the wife a PB so we could use it to video chat.
    10-30-11 01:55 PM
    Did anyone else get this deal? I tried and failed. A PlayBook at $99 is a good deal.
    10-31-11 07:59 AM
    RadioShack still has the promotion (offer good through 11/05/11) to get a 16gb PB for $299 ($499-$200 instant savings = $299 out the door price) and Office Depot is still offering the $200 mail-in savings (store gift coupon offer also good through 11/05/11) if you can find an OD to do the price match with RS.
    10-31-11 01:18 PM
    I had no idea that RadioShack was still open. I love tech and I haven't been in one in 10 years. How are they still in business?
    10-31-11 01:26 PM
    Do they offer you the gift card right off at the counter? If so, has anyone tried returning it the next day and keeping the gift card?
    Not many people know this, but at "Target", you can keep any gift card with purchase. Even if you return the purchased item.
    10-31-11 01:32 PM
    the trick is actually getting the store, Office Depot, to actually do the price match. I tried at staples the other day and they said they would not do a price match since the Staples rebate WOULD be the price match... so you gotta find a newbie clerck you can steam roll into doing the price match.
    10-31-11 02:19 PM
    Dangit, I would've tried this if I'd seen it before it was too late lol.
    Get the wife a PB so we could use it to video chat.
    God knows you don't want to talk to her face to face.....
    10-31-11 02:25 PM
    I had no idea that RadioShack was still open. I love tech and I haven't been in one in 10 years. How are they still in business?
    LOL, we used to love to go in RS when we were kids, haven't been in one lately except to buy replacement battery for my home alarm system at a fraction of the cost from the alarm company.

Do they offer you the gift card right off at the counter? If so, has anyone tried returning it the next day and keeping the gift card?
    Not many people know this, but at "Target", you can keep any gift card with purchase. Even if you return the purchased item.
    Yep, done it there and several other places including Sports Authority just recently.

the trick is actually getting the store, Office Depot, to actually do the price match. I tried at staples the other day and they said they would not do a price match since the Staples rebate WOULD be the price match... so you gotta find a newbie clerck you can steam roll into doing the price match.
    ^^^THIS^^^^

God knows you don't want to talk to her face to face.....
    It is the only chance she has to talk to him since he is always on here, bbm, osbb and God only knows where else!
    10-31-11 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD