MISSION...help DMitch Playbook connect (recognize) by Laptop
    Failure...will result in DMitch taking PB back (RIVERS OF TEARS!!)
    Fellow Crakberries to the resue?!

My 3rd DAY trying to get PB to connect w/PC so I can transfer files!!
    I've done just about everything (RIM Tech support so far joke...waithing on c/b)

Running XP pro/pak3
    When I connect/disconnect PB my laptop makes all the sound as if it's being recognized, PB says It's connected, DTM states it's contected BUT tells me I have a communication error when trying to sync. (I could care less about syncing if i could just get files transferred)

Many things tried...
    * Downloaded new DTM (dozen times)
    * Turned wifi/bt off
    * Differenent USB cables
    * Device MGR-network adapters-RIM NETWORK DEVICE#2-disable & enabled
    * USB root hub-power management-allow computer to turn this device off to save power
    * tried PB on/OFF before connecting
    * Update driver-puter tells me i've got latest driver

I REALLY want to keep my PB...HELP

Thanks in advance for those who answer the call!!
    01-11-12 10:57 AM
    do you have Blackberry Desktop Software installed(downloadable from blackberry website)?
    01-11-12 11:04 AM
    You can access the PB like a mass storage device and drap and drop files in and out of the PB without going through DM, have you tried that?
    01-11-12 11:05 AM
    01-11-12 11:08 AM
    Have you tried connecting to your PB via IP. Click start, in run type \\(Your Playbook IP)
    If you have sharing enabled and a password on your device, you should get a prompt for username and password. Type the account name you specified on your PB and the password. You should then see the list of folders, video, pictures, music, etc...

Lemme know how this works out for ya.

On another note you may want to uninstall and drivers - restart your PC - then reconnect your PB, and let the drivers install.

I don't use DM to sync media. So I don't know what to tell you there.
    01-11-12 11:09 AM
    i couldn't connect to dtm or map a drive.

i read somewhere to turn off wifi then connect. it worked. try that.
    01-11-12 11:11 AM
    yes.........
    01-11-12 11:14 AM
    yes, my computer does not see PB even w/o DM running
    01-11-12 11:15 AM
    Thanks but i've read others who states this takes way too long...i have files that are up to 3gigs to transfer.

But i may have to as a last resort
    01-11-12 11:17 AM
    Thanks...i try
    I agree, could care less about using DM to sync...just be happy to get my puter to see my PB
    01-11-12 11:19 AM
    As I posted in a different thread about PC connection issues, you might try changing the "storage and sharing" option to "connect to pc" instead of "automatically detect". It worked for me.

Also, it's usually good to try searching the forum for your issue instead of posting the same thing again and again, most the time someone else has had the same problem.
    01-11-12 11:23 AM
    Have you tried a different USB port on your computer? I know it sounds simple (and you probably already have tried), but it is possible that the one port is malfunctioning. Also, have you tried to just check under "My Computer" to see if it's been mounted without DTM?

If you are seeing it in there, you should be able to open it up and drag-n-drop any files to your PB that way. Good luck... Maybe the connector on your PB is messed up as well? If you already spoke to RIM Support and are waiting for a call back, maybe ask them if that could be the issue, and look into RMA replacement, rather then just sending it back... Good luck!
    01-11-12 11:26 AM
    did I do this right?
    in Run..\\ip#\ (is my ip # IPv4?)

Error "no network provider accepted the given network path
    01-11-12 11:28 AM
    did I do this right?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-wi-fi-661022/

You should find all the detailed steps in that thread.
    01-11-12 11:31 AM
    TerribleTim68...Brotha I HAVE searched this site for 3 days trying everything AND searched elsewhere as well!!!

I tried your suggestion 2 days ago...did not work.
    01-11-12 11:32 AM
    Have you tried a different USB port on your computer? I know it sounds simple (and you probably already have tried), but it is possible that the one port is malfunctioning. Also, have you tried to just check under "My Computer" to see if it's been mounted without DTM?

If you are seeing it in there, you should be able to open it up and drag-n-drop any files to your PB that way. Good luck... Maybe the connector on your PB is messed up as well? If you already spoke to RIM Support and are waiting for a call back, maybe ask them if that could be the issue, and look into RMA replacement, rather then just sending it back... Good luck!
    Yes, Thanks tried all your suggestion.
    Yes, I agree don't care about DM...just want to be able to see drive w/PB so I can drag & drop data
    01-11-12 11:35 AM
    did I do this right?

try this, the same thing happened to me, so I suspect it might be certain rounter configurations. Anyway this worked for me, I had to add \media to the Run command line like this:

\\your playbook IP\media

make sure you're playbook IP is what you're typing, not your home network. connect your PB top your home network and look for the IPv4 address in About > Network.
    DMitch likes this.
    01-11-12 12:24 PM
    Step 1 make a full backup of the PB

Step 2 do a security wipe of the PB

Step 3 try to connect

Step 4 restore from backup

Step 5 see if it STILL will connect, if not repeat steps 2 and 3, but NOT 4 (and reload your apps via App World)
    01-11-12 12:30 PM
    Your home PC and PlayBook also need to be connected to the same wifi. The first three octets of your IP address need to be the same. 192.168.0.xxx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Thachoc1; 01-11-12 at 12:55 PM.
    01-11-12 12:49 PM
    did I do this right?

You can also type this in any address bar from an open window. i.e. My computer, internet explorer, etc.....
    01-11-12 12:57 PM
    Turn off bluetooth and wi-fi restart PB and PC. I had the same problem...
    01-11-12 01:12 PM
    Just got off w/RIM Tech support...2.5hrs!

Problem NOT resolved will refer my problem to higher tech support...call me in 1-2 days.

I think the tech guy sd my issue is with the "device or volume not mounting" whatever that means.

Was able to get wi-fi ...GRT but takes TOOOOOO long to transfer files! (but better than what i had)

I don't think OS2 will solve my problem and if i don't get this resolved...i can't say it!!
    01-11-12 02:08 PM
    If it works via wireless, then it may be a hardware problem with the PB's USB interface not connecting properly. It may need to be exchanged/RMA'd. How long have you had your PB?

IMO, at this point, I would email any docs to be backed up and make a list of your apps to be reloaded, and exchange for a new unit. If the new PB unit is still having the same issues, then the issue lies with your PC.
    01-11-12 02:14 PM
    sounds like it is the computer at fault here not the PB. No offense but most PC computers are cheaply made and either malfunction or break easily over time. Its either faulty drives or a corrupted issue with your (terrible) OS.
    01-11-12 02:49 PM
    If it works via wireless, then it may be a hardware problem with the PB's USB interface not connecting properly. It may need to be exchanged/RMA'd. How long have you had your PB?

IMO, at this point, I would email any docs to be backed up and make a list of your apps to be reloaded, and exchange for a new unit. If the new PB unit is still having the same issues, then the issue lies with your PC.
    This one 3days...returned my first one due to same reason.
    01-11-12 03:24 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD