If you purchased your Playbook on launch day, April 19th, 2011. Your 90-Day Complimentary Support is over today (July 18th, 2011)

PlayBook Support - Contact Support

Just FYI...
    07-18-11 10:24 AM
    Not for me, I got the extended warranty
    07-18-11 10:26 AM
    Just saw that in the other thread... My support is up. Wish they'd release some updates though so that this thing was worth the 700$ I payed for it. My fear at this point is that support for the PlayBook in general is going to end and that it will eventually disappear. I'm not some doomsday kind of guy but after 90 days we have nothing they've promised, sales are less than stellar, no NDK therefore no apps, etc.
    07-18-11 10:31 AM
    Not for me, I got the extended warranty
    I just looked into the extend warranty from RIM. I surprised now expensive it is at $129CAD and you can only purchase it within 30 days from activation.

"Due to the terms of the offering, your extended warranty purchase must take place within 30 days of the activation of your device. By checking this box you are stating that this extended warranty purchase did take place within this 30 day period."

WTF? Terms of the offering? Another RIM #fail here...
    07-18-11 10:31 AM
    Not sure why they aren't providing free support for the device, but whatever. CrackBerry is better support 9/10 times anyways, and we still have the 1 year warranty...
    07-18-11 10:34 AM
    RIM support has always been non-existent if you ask me, because they dont view us as the customer. We've always had to go thru a carrier up until now then get elevated to RIM. This is the first time, i think, that RIM has done direct to the consumer hardware replacement support and there are going to be some issues. I think that after 90 days and prior to 1 year, if the problem is hardware related, that any fees should be waived but thats not how rim do things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-11 10:52 AM
    RIM support has always been non-existent if you ask me, because they dont view us as the customer. We've always had to go thru a carrier up until now then get elevated to RIM.
    True enough. We have to contact Rogers for any BES issues... and if you ever called Rogers for support, we'll... it isn't very pleasant...
    07-18-11 11:01 AM
    I just looked into the extend warranty from RIM. I surprised now expensive it is at $129CAD and you can only purchase it within 30 days from activation.

"Due to the terms of the offering, your extended warranty purchase must take place within 30 days of the activation of your device. By checking this box you are stating that this extended warranty purchase did take place within this 30 day period."

WTF? Terms of the offering? Another RIM #fail here...
    There are suckers born every day.
    07-18-11 11:28 AM
    If you purchased your Playbook on launch day, April 19th, 2011. Your 90-Day Complimentary Support is over today (July 18th, 2011)

PlayBook Support - Contact Support

Just FYI...
    So now we have to PAY to make this device work right...

Nice Job RIM... Set your support up so it expires BEFORE you even finish the product. That will gain customers.
    07-18-11 11:32 AM
    There are suckers born every day.
    HEY! Pittsburgh! I'm there too.
    I have to agree with you though. BestBuy hits you up with their warranty. RIM now hits you up with their extended plan, etc. By the time you're done, you have just about as much "protection" for your devices as when you started and you've paid double what you would have for the stupid thing. I stay away from all of that crap.
    07-18-11 11:33 AM
    warranty doesn't matter to me....i am this close to selling it away or gifting it someone....i am never ever gonna buy another RIM product....they are full of lies....its already summer & yet nothing (not even a single) functionality as promised in summer has been released....at AGM, RIM says it didnt promise anything....loads & loads of crap....
    07-18-11 12:37 PM
    So now we have to PAY to make this device work right...

Nice Job RIM... Set your support up so it expires BEFORE you even finish the product. That will gain customers.
    This is not unique to RIM. For example, Microsoft can charge $49 (or more) to chat with support. That's nuts if you ask me, but it is what it is. No need to turn this into a RIM-only issue just to further fuel your hatred of the company.
    07-18-11 12:43 PM
    The "complementary support" covered software support things like "How do I get x feature to work" or "Please help me through the setup". After 90 days you should have your PB set up and know how it works.

If you have a legitimate HARDWARE problem you will not be charged for SOFTWARE support. Period.

I get that people are frustrated with their playbooks right now, but please don't try to make issues where they don't exist, that doesn't help anyone.
    07-18-11 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD