This is what is being reported in the 'other' playbook oriented websites....(n4bb,playbookos etc dot com)

10″ PlayBook releasing in December 2012, will be LTE enabled
    7″ PlayBook releasing in April 2012, will be 3G+ (will not be LTE due to chipset)
    PlayBook OS 2.0 releasing end of February 2012
    Mobile Fusion releasing in April 2012
    PlayBook Admin Service releasing in Summer 2012

Any news to substantiate these from Crackberry fans....and/or RIM??
    I am pissed at RIM for failing to deliver on time on the much needed upgrades on time and lying time after time.... but look forward to these new models as hardware wise they probably will be a beast and possibly can crush the competition and make a comeback if they can deliver on the os/software etc.
    01-16-12 02:53 PM
    I think it makes sense, I also noticed today while download my app report that there's a carrier column, pretty sure that wasn't there last week
    01-16-12 02:56 PM
    I think it makes sense, I also noticed today while download my app report that there's a carrier column, pretty sure that wasn't there last week
    If you mean, for example, in a Purchase report for a PlayBook app, there's been a "Carrier" column since the start. Always shows empty, or just "RIM".
    01-16-12 03:02 PM
    I think it's all true.

They definitely need a 10" tablet as Google and Apple are working on 7" tablets.
    A 10" LTE tablet will be smokin

A 7" 3G+ tablet might have phone capability ...i.e. connect bluetooth earpiece
    01-16-12 03:29 PM
    If you mean, for example, in a Purchase report for a PlayBook app, there's been a "Carrier" column since the start. Always shows empty, or just "RIM".
    really? I never noticed it before for some reason
    01-16-12 04:11 PM
    I'm very excited to see what RIM has in store for 2012.
    01-16-12 04:14 PM
    -A non-LTE Playbook 7-incher is pretty much bound to failure. I hope I am wrong.

-The current playbook resolution is not great if stretched for 10-inch hardware. Especially if apple brings retina display ipad to the fight. RIM should have 'pixel double' 10 inch playbook.
    01-16-12 04:49 PM
    -A non-LTE Playbook 7-incher is pretty much bound to failure. I hope I am wrong.

-The current playbook resolution is not great if stretched for 10-inch hardware. Especially if apple brings retina display ipad to the fight. RIM should have 'pixel double' 10 inch playbook.
    3g+ (hdspa i think) is pretty fast, up to 21 Mbps which is plenty... the need for lte is overblown

i dont think they would ever keep the same resolution and "stretch" it... hopefully they increase the dpi a little bit
    01-16-12 05:54 PM
    A number of reports indicate people are not all that crazy about a 3G/4G/LTE tablets for a number of reasons, including data plan costs and higher initial price, especially if one buys one unsubsidized and unlocked. iPad wi-fi only sales are anywhere from 65% - 75% of all iPads sold, and of those who bought a 3G iPad, less then 25% have even activated their iPads with a wireless plan.

It would be a bad move on the part of RIM to offer subsidized 3G/LTE Playbooks at this point in time, and they should concentrate on enhancements to the current PB via increased app availability, maybe security enhancements, improvements/enhancements of wi-fi and Bridge connectivity, and of course meaningful and timely OS improvements.

If RIM is to offer a 3G/4G/LTE tablet, then it should not be priced more then $100.00 over a wi-fi only version, not tie it to a carrier, and leave it up to the customer to activate a wireless plan should he/she decide to.
    purijagmohan and MTL like this.
    01-16-12 06:09 PM
    3g+ (hdspa i think) is pretty fast, up to 21 Mbps which is plenty... the need for lte is overblown
    agreed. ive downloaded files kn my 9810 at 660kb/s. my dsl isnt much faster than that (900)
    01-16-12 06:18 PM
    I agree LTE is overblown, but the BB name could use a bit more street cred right now. So top notch hardware is a must. And keep in mind that LTE phones are selling right now, so a LTE tablet should not be a problem.

PB is a year old, so it needs upgraded specs. 1.5ghz dual core, or 1ghz quad. maybe more mem..... something new.

Keep in mind the only top-notch piece of hardware RIM came up with in the past year is PB. All BB phones are a generation late cpu-wise, and have no front camera. But PB was anounced more than a year ago, so new hardware is a must.
    01-16-12 08:54 PM
    apple does not stand still. Nor Samsung, MOto, HTC or LG....
    01-16-12 08:55 PM
    I for one can't wait for LTE, then I load the CB webpage and all its ads even quicker (oh snap....love you guys!)
    I would love a 10 inch PB for work........I use my iPad and an app called wyse pocketcloud for remote desktop access and if it came to PB, I'd be allll over that!!!, then I could drop the pad altogether.
    01-16-12 09:40 PM
    1) There has been little consumer demand for net-compatible tablet, even for Apple. No RIM carrier is said to have signed on.
    All the new smart phones will have WIFI hot spot capability, therefore, net-compatibles will be un-necessary in the near future.
    2) RIM had a big write off on the PB due to early mistakes in marketing and OS. Due to their financial position it is not likely they will release another competing size format in the near future.
    3) The current +/-7' size has been accepted in the market for devices (near the same screen) Kindle and Nook. Apple's 10" iPad size is accepted to the general public because of 'advertising power' not because it is entirely better. RIM need not follow the leader, but only to make their own place in the market.
    4) For those who say there should be a state of the art upgrade to hardware, for all but gamers, PB Internet users have more then enough power with the present PB.
    Last edited by mandony; 01-16-12 at 10:25 PM.
    ccdawg likes this.
    01-16-12 10:18 PM
    With phone tethering and modern data plans, why pay 20%+ more for a 3G-equipped tablet?
    rexrim and MTL like this.
    01-17-12 07:02 AM
    i feel my 9900+playbook wifi strong already..no need the 3Gplaybook
    since 9900 on 7.1 got capability for wifi hotspot it makes my playbook superb cool..adn 7"tablet is the best tablet size ever

about the 10' PlayBook sounds cool
    01-17-12 07:23 AM
    I really do want a 3G/LTE 7" PlayBook - though I prefer not paying extra to carry the device and use a Wi-Fi hotspot on my phone, it just doesn't feel like a truly mobile device until it's independently able to access the Internet anywhere.
    rexrim likes this.
    01-17-12 07:51 AM
    Although less portable than 7" model, 10" model is definitely necessary to succeed in corporate market, so this is a right move for RIM...
    01-17-12 08:16 AM
    One size or flavour does not fit all.
    Just look at the car market.
    01-17-12 12:40 PM
    01-17-12 12:43 PM
    according to BGR.com this is true.
    They clearly say
    "N4BB claims"

PURE RUMOR NOT FACT

They report that the said tablets were network ready.
    There are NO known network providers that SAY they are ready to roll out network products. (Sprint dropped out LONG ago), so what else is there to believe: SANTA CLAUS IS ALIVE AND WELL AND LIVING IN THE NORTH POLE! (TRUE)
    01-17-12 01:26 PM
    the 7" 3g unlocked could benefit me when overseas but as long as i can tether it is not a high priority just convenient
    01-17-12 08:52 PM
    It looks like there is room on the current PB to increase the screen size a bit, ie. 1/4" all around the bezel. Would that be relatively easy to do, hardware wise? That and maybe a new chip is all that is needed for a good update to the current pb form.
    01-17-12 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD