I just discovered my PB works again in MSM. This stopped working for me many months ago. i had tried everything to get it working....nothing worked. (did not want to factory reset and loose all my pics and stuff.) I updated last week and just thought i would try it again today and ....tada..working great! This was a major issue for me. Happy to see it working again. Anyone else have this issue and notice it has been resolved?
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    08-08-12 09:56 PM
    I've never heard about the PlayBook being able to do a 'Mass storage mode'. Where is this available? Because if it can enter 'Mass storage mode', then my PS3 will be able to detect it with a USB.

I think you have got some terms mixed up.
    08-09-12 01:37 AM
    Actually, I noticed this yesterday at work. MSM at work on an XP computer has not worked properly since as far as I can remember. I was only able to get it to work rarely and those times it did work, it was seemingly at random. I've had to rely on a hacked WIFI dongle I have connected to the computer to transfer files which is unreliable since if I use it too much, it overheats and shuts down. Anyway, I tried it yesterday since I had much more information to transfer over that my junky WIFI wouldn't be able to handle and it worked the first time! I even did it twice and it worked both times. I will continue trying it, but I'm pretty stoked about it working so far.
    08-09-12 02:01 AM
    I've never heard about the PlayBook being able to do a 'Mass storage mode'. Where is this available? Because if it can enter 'Mass storage mode', then my PS3 will be able to detect it with a USB.

I think you have got some terms mixed up.
    @varunsain

I don't know if it's technically a MSM. If you connect it to the computer then the computer will detect your Playbook and set up a network drive in order for you to view/edit your saved files. It's not like plugging in a USB drive, but who knows, it may work with your PS3. I'd try it for s-n-giggles. If I had a PS3 myself I would have already tried it and let you know. :P
    08-09-12 02:08 AM
    It doesn't work because the PlayBook gets detected as a network drive because to access the PlayBook storage it needs to be associated with an IP. The PS3 has no OS to detect network drives and the PlayBook lacks a good media server.

Mass storage would be something that the BB Phone has, wherein it detects the device as a Pen drive.
    08-09-12 02:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD