According to Shopblackberry.com as of tonight, still says sale ends Feb. 2, 2012.

BlackBerryPlayBook - RIM US

ON SALE: $299 (16GB, 32GB, 64GB)

SAVE: $400 (64GB), $300 (32GB), $200 (16GB)

SALE ENDS: 2/4/2012
    01-17-12 07:19 PM
    Well Lucky for you guys I orderd from the 6th...its pretty much the 18th now. Still not shipped. I guess the order in which the purchash was place doesn't matter.
    01-17-12 10:46 PM
    i just saw blackberry posted on facebook saying the 64gb sale at $299 ends on jan 28. Could it be that OS2 is just around the corner from that date? coming early feb vs late feb?
    I read the same thing on twitter.
    01-17-12 10:52 PM
    The local Office Depot took down the Playbook display. I see the Playbook is still listed online at officedepot.com at the sale price, but with no online availability. Interesting.
    01-17-12 11:11 PM
    Yay. I have received confirmation that my order has been shipped by USPS, but naturally the tracking number does not work on their site. Wonder how long ill have to wait now.

Updated; received another email and a link that took me to Fedex. Expected delivery date is 24th
    Last edited by digtech; 01-19-12 at 12:36 PM.
    01-19-12 12:09 PM
    I placed my order online on the 11th, the status (order received) remained unchanged for 48 hours. I called CS on Friday the 13th, was told my order had been "hung up," but was being pushed through. I received an email later on that day saying that my pb had shipped. i received a tracking # for the USPS, which turned out to be false; my package was delivered on Monday, the 16th via Fedex.
    The process seems to be in disarray-but I received my pb!
    01-19-12 01:17 PM
    I placed my order online on the 11th, the status (order received) remained unchanged for 48 hours. I called CS on Friday the 13th, was told my order had been "hung up," but was being pushed through. I received an email later on that day saying that my pb had shipped. i received a tracking # for the USPS, which turned out to be false; my package was delivered on Monday, the 16th via Fedex.
    The process seems to be in disarray-but I received my pb!
    Yes the email you receive is wrong.
    The carrier isn't USPS, its usually UPS.
    I guess in your case it was fedex.
    01-19-12 01:53 PM
    64GB Playbook also available from Best Buy online for $299
    01-19-12 02:40 PM
    It's been a nightmare for me. I ordered my PB on 1-5-12. Received an e-mail it shipped USPS (which I had no decision on how it shipped) that day. Called shopblackberry yesterday to check on it and they say it's been delivered. Finally got a tracking number and the post office says its been delivered on 1-12-12. Talked to the actual route carrier and she said she didn't deliver it.
    They are checking to see if it's on a shelf somewhere. If I would have known it wasn't coming UPS or FedEx, I would have sent it to my house, but I work in the shipping/receiving department at the ship to address. How can you ship something of this value without having to sign for it?

I'M SCREWED!
    01-19-12 02:41 PM
    It's been a nightmare for me. I ordered my PB on 1-5-12. Received an e-mail it shipped USPS (which I had no decision on how it shipped) that day. Called shopblackberry yesterday to check on it and they say it's been delivered. Finally got a tracking number and the post office says its been delivered on 1-12-12. Talked to the actual route carrier and she said she didn't deliver it.
    They are checking to see if it's on a shelf somewhere. If I would have known it wasn't coming UPS or FedEx, I would have sent it to my house, but I work in the shipping/receiving department at the ship to address. How can you ship something of this value without having to sign for it?

I'M SCREWED!
    Well, mine was waiting outside my apartment door in NYC -- the postal worker just left it there. Luckily, the residents in my building are quite honest -- but they do leave it without a signature.
    01-19-12 02:50 PM
    I'm gonna order another 64GB, but I have to wait until 27th or 28th. You guys think this is too late or am I still gonna get one?
    01-19-12 03:45 PM
    My 16gb PB number is over 10,000 less than yours and the date on my box is over a month later than yours, so either the date on the box may not be the manufacture date, but some other date such as boxing or shipping, etc.
    I now believe the date is when the whole box is put together for a particular market.

32GB purchased 190411 boxed 030311 PIN 500ED0D0 S/N 1343-1482-nnnn
    64GB purchased 190112 boxed 040112 PIN 5021474B S/N 1344-3582-nnnn

After exactly 9 months from release, my new serial number increased more than 100 millions so that is unlikely the number of PBs built. The PIN went from under 1 mil to just over 2 mil if PINs started with 5000000h.
    01-20-12 11:14 AM

I'M SCREWED!
    Just to let everyone know. I'm a happy girl. PB showed up today. It's been sitting on a shelf at the post office somewhere. As long as I have it, IT'S ALL GOOD!
    Now I just need to learn how to use it.
    01-20-12 02:01 PM
    My 64GB arrived today via FedEx. I paid for 2nd day shipping.
    Setting it up right now!

SBB really needs to pack things better. My PB was stuffed into a Small FedEx box with absolutely no foam/bubble wrap/peanuts...
    The PB box fit snugly into the FedEx box.
    01-20-12 03:56 PM
    Received mine 6 days from placing order. It's my second pb. Have had a 32 since launch but even more excited the second time around! So far seems in perfect order. No glitches with registration, OS update, bridge, etc. Going to wait before installing many apps until after OS2 hoping I will be able to bu before the update. Haven't been able to bu the 32 for quite a while.
    01-20-12 04:27 PM
    /beginrant

Ok... I'm sorry, but ShopBB has some serious issues.

So I ordered a 16gb way back with the original $199 deal broke. Had delay after delay but finally got it. I like it so much I decide to get a 64gb today... Tried 3 different times to place an order but got a message that the "Order failed" and to call customer service. I call them, and they tell me I've been flagged as a "high risk" order. WTH??? The CSR says it may be due to a mismatch in CC info, and given that it's the first time I've actually made a purchase with the recently-activated CC, that's possible.

So I ask if we could just go ahead and try again with the CC while I have her on the phone. She says "No. I'm sorry, but the only way I can take an order from you is for you to mail a check or send a wire transfer." So I can't even try a different credit card? "No. I'm sorry, but the only way I can take an order from you is for you to mail a check or send a wire transfer." She said that exact phrase 3-4 more times over the course of the conversation. Finally, I'm like, "Okay, that's fine. I'll just put in another order via the website later when I get around to it with a different payment method. Thanks anyway." She actually stops me from hanging up and says, "Sir, I have to inform you that any subsequent order you place will likely be cancelled since you've already been flagged as high risk." Then I get one more repeat of the earlier phrase. So, like the delinquent that I apparently am, I just lost it on her.

Seriously, RIM... the left hand needs to talk to the right and take care of whoever's doing the servicing on these orders. Treating a guy who's practically begging to give you $300 (and btw, who has an immaculate credit rating) like he's a criminal isn't the way to encourage repeat business. I just bucked up, paid the tax and shipping, and got it from Wal-Mart instead for the same base price.

/endrant
    01-20-12 04:32 PM
    Please be AWARE that ShopBlackberry has a NO RETURN POLICY. for opened items , i just discovered this is not clear on the website. ReturnPolicy - RIM US

Your Playbook can only be returned if it is unopened
    01-20-12 05:21 PM
    PlayBook sale end date on Shopblackberry.com now changed to January 28, 2012:

ON SALE: $299 (16GB, 32GB, 64GB)

SAVE: $400 (64GB), $300 (32GB), $200 (16GB)

SALE ENDS: 1/28/2012
    01-21-12 09:07 AM
    I want to buy another 64GB, but I have to wait until the 28th to have the funds. I hope the date doesn't get changed again. It DOES mean the sale is still on all day on the 28th right?
    01-21-12 09:34 AM
    ralfy, don't know when these deals end, but... maybe put one on a credit card that the bill will not come due until next month? Nice thing about shopblackberry is no tax and free shipping, can't say about any of the others. Or, or open an account with one of these retailers, or better yet, just borrow some $$$ from grandma, lol.

From BlackBerry.com:

For a limited time only, get a 64 GB BlackBerry PlayBook for just $299 at these participating retailers:

Best Buy�
    BlackBerry Store
    Office Depot
    Radio Shack
    ShopBlackBerry
    Walmart

16 GB and 32 GB models also available for $299.
    01-21-12 10:09 AM
    I ordered a second PB online yesterday from Shopblackberry, first one was the same nightmare as everyone else had here, multiple emails, phone calls, mis-information and lost orders. I thought that as many problems that they had in the last few months that we read about here (there are probably twice as many that we don't know about) they would have done something to fixed them……silly me for thinking like a businessman.
    Everything went smooth until about an hour later and I get an email from them saying nothing more than “UNKNOWN CLIENT - PERMISSION DENIED".
    I checked my debit card and they had a pending charge from them. I had bought other item just a week before from them on the same card with no problem. I have called twice now to see what was going on and received a parrot that would not look into it only repeating the same thing, “I don't know it’s in the finance dept”. I believe she was upset because I interrupted her meth break.
    I am on a time restraint here, this PB was a gift I was taking over seas and now I have no idea if I am getting a PB or not, what the problem is or how long. I am canceling my order when I get back home and strongly recommend anyone wanting to buy any bb products to do so elsewhere. RIM should give the playbook to crackberry to sale. Shopblackberry is nothing but an embarrassment for RIM, it is hard to believe that this gaggle of incompetent morons are still in business. They must do hiring from road side rest stops, bus stations and rehab centers…. and that’s for upper management.
    whyaskus70 likes this.
    01-21-12 10:43 AM
    Please be AWARE that ShopBlackberry has a NO RETURN POLICY. for opened items , i just discovered this is not clear on the website. ReturnPolicy - RIM US

Your Playbook can only be returned if it is unopened
    Yes, but my experience has been that they are attentive to any issues you may have with the PB. The guy I dealt with at RIM was extremely friendly and followed up with a personal email when I had dead pixels.
    01-21-12 11:57 AM
    Finally I got mine its currently updating. Finally Finally finally!!

I had to pay extra at the customs to receive my package. Luckily I didn't go with expedited shipping because I just paid almost 100usd to clear the package. But yes I finally got it.

It has a 1mm bulge at the logo I think, but it lays flat. I have a raised power button.

Ordered on the 6th
    Shipped: 19th
    Received: 24th
    Last edited by digtech; 01-24-12 at 04:59 PM.
    01-24-12 04:48 PM
    I ordered a second PB online yesterday from Shopblackberry, first one was the same nightmare as everyone else had here, multiple emails, phone calls, mis-information and lost orders. I thought that as many problems that they had in the last few months that we read about here (there are probably twice as many that we don't know about) they would have done something to fixed them��silly me for thinking like a businessman.
    Everything went smooth until about an hour later and I get an email from them saying nothing more than �UNKNOWN CLIENT - PERMISSION DENIED".
    I checked my debit card and they had a pending charge from them. I had bought other item just a week before from them on the same card with no problem. I have called twice now to see what was going on and received a parrot that would not look into it only repeating the same thing, �I don't know it�s in the finance dept�. I believe she was upset because I interrupted her meth break.
    I am on a time restraint here, this PB was a gift I was taking over seas and now I have no idea if I am getting a PB or not, what the problem is or how long. I am canceling my order when I get back home and strongly recommend anyone wanting to buy any bb products to do so elsewhere. RIM should give the playbook to crackberry to sale. Shopblackberry is nothing but an embarrassment for RIM, it is hard to believe that this gaggle of incompetent morons are still in business. They must do hiring from road side rest stops, bus stations and rehab centers�. and that�s for upper management.

If your ship-to and bill-to addresses are the same, try this:

1. Cancel the flagged order
    2. Enter a new one with the same (or any dr/cr card)
    3. If you use the check box to indicate your bill-to address is the same as ship-to, and click on the update button, the check-box goes un-checked automatically.

At this point DO NOT "check" the box again and proceed with the work flow... Then call the 8XX # about half hour later and ask them to check on the order # (ask the CSR to check on the dr/cr auth staus and whether its flagged).
    01-24-12 05:54 PM
    Finally I got mine its currently updating. Finally Finally finally!!

I had to pay extra at the customs to receive my package. Luckily I didn't go with expedited shipping because I just paid almost 100usd to clear the package. But yes I finally got it.

It has a 1mm bulge at the logo I think, but it lays flat. I have a raised power button.

Ordered on the 6th
    Shipped: 19th
    Received: 24th
    Ha, you paid more for the same box as me
    01-24-12 11:24 PM
285 ... 9101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD