Yes, mine is dated 030311.

It's my understanding that PB PINs started with 500. Mine is 500ED0D0 which would mean my PB is number 970,960 built if RIM didn't skip any numbers.
    My 16gb PB number is over 10,000 less than yours and the date on my box is over a month later than yours, so either the date on the box may not be the manufacture date, but some other date such as boxing or shipping, etc.
    01-11-12 04:34 PM
    I got my PB yesterday, so far so good. It (the product box) was packed with minimal cushion, Amazon ships paper towels with more padding.
    01-11-12 05:07 PM
    So when should I expect to receive my new $299 64gb PB if shopblackberry.com shows order status "shipped" as of this morning (couldn't get online last night to check it) and it is going to Chicago by their standard (free) shipping method (UPS ground maybe)?
    01-13-12 11:08 AM
    So when should I expect to receive my new $299 64gb PB if shopblackberry.com shows order status "shipped" as of this morning (couldn't get online last night to check it) and it is going to Chicago by their standard (free) shipping method (UPS ground maybe)?
    I ordered mine on the 4th and got it by the 10th via USPS. I also did their free shipping option. By the time my status changed to "shipped" I believe I got mine within 48-72 hours of that change.
    mikeplus1 likes this.
    01-13-12 11:17 AM
    Then it could be Monday or maybe Tuesday at the latest I would think, just didn't know if when they said "shipped" whether that only meant that is was boxed and labeled, ready to be shipped or what.
    01-13-12 11:30 AM
    So can anyone explain?... Is "Export Hold" a normal part of the shipping process from shopblackberry?.... That has been my order status for two days. My basic understanding from google is something that has to do with restrictions and as usual I cannot get through to customer care.
    I cant explain but I know that's normal. My 64G was in the "export hold" status for 3 or 4 days before it arrived. Just ignore the statuses on their website and sit back; it will arrive sooner than you think.
    digtech likes this.
    01-13-12 11:36 AM
    I bit the bullet and purchased a second 64gb PB. This will be used (after checking pixels etc.) for when OS 2.0 comes out and will load it with same. I will be leaving my "first" 64gb model at 1.0.8.6067 as this seems to be rock solid at this time. This way if issues with OS2, I'm not gonna be "Jones-ing" without my/a PB unit. Once I am convinced that OS 2.0xxxx is a happy camper in my new PB, My first one will be regulated to the vehicle. While waiting for Michelle at the store shopping, on needs something to do other than standing next to her saying , "Yes, that looks great on you".......

I have shown this to a few neighbors and so far I have "sold" them on BB PB, there are now 7 people avail to Video Chat as of yesterday. I think once they got the right price point this has had the effect that I believe RIM was expecting, but never quite got it.

The ONE thing that is glaring is the lack of visibility on the TV, Stores, re: advertising. Seems the BEST way to promote this little gem is to show your friends, and the PB will sell itself. SECURITY: when you break bridge, phone data, mail, etc. is gone and secure if some little weasle decides he needs your PB more than you do. Now with "Native Email", not to sure if I will use that. Again, security/privacy.

"Happy happy joy joy, Happy happy joy joy.........." credits to Ren and Stempy.....
    01-13-12 11:48 AM
    I cant explain but I know that's normal. My 64G was in the "export hold" status for 3 or 4 days before it arrived. Just ignore the statuses on their website and sit back; it will arrive sooner than you think.
    That's the same thing I was thinking... Sit back and be patient, but I'm quite uneasy given the state of things. Since the status updates on shopblackberry are inaccurate (so many have reported)... Persons are receiving their orders when the site says something different, or without receiving emails or anything. I had the PB shipped to my work address since I'm there most of time. I hope I atleast receive a call or an email prior to it arriving tho, I'm wiii anxious... I even saw a FedEX truck looming outside today... Got me panicky since I know that my work place uses Tara courier services. I had half a mind to run outside and run the truck down. It was 8pm... I wonder.Sigh.
    01-14-12 01:51 AM
    I paid for my 64gb full price
    01-14-12 11:58 AM
    to uk buyers great news PC World are doing the Blackberry playbook 64gb for �269
    01-14-12 12:33 PM
    Then it could be Monday or maybe Tuesday at the latest I would think, just didn't know if when they said "shipped" whether that only meant that is was boxed and labeled, ready to be shipped or what.
    Looks like Monday is a mail holiday (MLK Day) in US, so now Tuesday or maybe Wednesday at the latest I am hoping.

to uk buyers great news PC World are doing the Blackberry playbook 64gb for �269
    That is a great price for UK buyers!
    01-14-12 03:13 PM
    I got my PB yesterday, so far so good. It (the product box) was packed with minimal cushion, Amazon ships paper towels with more padding.
    Mine was shipped the same way with only one small piece of inflated plastic to cushion it in the larger shipping box. And they didn't even bother to inflate the plastic with any air.
    01-14-12 03:33 PM
    Yesterday I was pretty happy that BlackBerry sent me an e-mail on Shipping Confirmation for my order of PB 64gb. And yes, paid $299 flat, no sales-tax & free s/h.

My cousin bought my 32gb [he already paid $200 for my 32gb], I've just bought the 32gb during Black Friday from Staples. He saw my 32gb PB and like it so much, then when I told him, I'm thinking to buy the 64gb, he offers to buy my 32gb for $200 straight w/o any question or negotiation.

*pic attached from BlackBerry*
    Last edited by B_Berry; 01-14-12 at 04:19 PM.
    blue-b likes this.
    01-14-12 04:08 PM
    SlashGear is just one of the industry comments on the $299 firesale--all negative, so far as I have seen. I really don't see how one can put a realistic positive spin on this latest sale, given that the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models of the Playbook are all selling for $299. To me, the only rational explanation is that RIM is not trying to sell the 16GB and 32GB models, because it has already pretty much sold them all out. If this were not the case, and RIM simply wanted to reduce a bloated 64GB inventory, it would have set appropriate but different prices for the three models, taking into account that a 64GB Playbook really is worth more than one with less storage. Note also that Sprint, which apparently does still have its own stock of the 16GB model (maybe the dregs of the RIM inventory), has been selling it for $199. So, it really does look like a liquidation. Of course, this is just my view of the rational prediction; I acknowledge it may not be correct one

Leaving aside the interesting speculation as to what it all means, the big question for buyers is: is it worth buying a 64GB Playbook at $299? Absolutely, so long as the Playbook does what you want a tablet to do. It's a fine piece of technology, and the $100 premium (over the Sprint 16GB price) for the extra storage is reasonable, if you think 16GB might not be enough. Just be aware that there is a better than even chance that you will be buying what will soon be an industry orphan...
    Who knows but I like to speculate like everyone else. The obvious is that they are probably looking to draw down the supply of 64 Gb stock. If it all sells then people move on to 32, ect... I'm wondering if this is an indication that, the bottom model may settle in at $299 after all the sales end.
    01-14-12 06:35 PM
    Note also that Sprint, which apparently does still have its own stock of the 16GB model (maybe the dregs of the RIM inventory), has been selling it for $199. So, it really does look like a liquidation.
    Looks like the Sprint sale is over, they have the 16gb PB at $299 again.
    01-14-12 06:43 PM
    Looks like the Sprint sale is over, they have the 16gb PB at $299 again.
    do you think they will bring the 199 again? after feb.4?
    01-14-12 09:40 PM
    do you think they will bring the 199 again? after feb.4?
    If they don't, someone else probably will.
    01-14-12 11:15 PM
    If they don't, someone else probably will.
    who will?

i wonder...
    01-14-12 11:37 PM
    Yesterday I was pretty happy that BlackBerry sent me an e-mail on Shipping Confirmation for my order of PB 64gb. And yes, paid $299 flat, no sales-tax & free s/h.
    Cool. When did you place the order?
    01-15-12 12:18 AM
    I actually received a second Shipping Confirmation email from shopblackberry.com and this time with a USPS tracking number, but the USPS site does not have it in their system. PB shipped 1-13-12 according to email just received this afternoon with same Order Number as shipping confirmation email that I received Friday morning 1-13.
    01-16-12 05:34 PM
    Cool. When did you place the order?
    I bought mine yesterday and it shipped today.
    Same price, no tax, free shipping & handling.
    Last edited by I s Y s; 01-16-12 at 07:47 PM.
    01-16-12 07:45 PM
    I actually received a second Shipping Confirmation email from shopblackberry.com and this time with a USPS tracking number, but the USPS site does not have it in their system. PB shipped 1-13-12 according to email just received this afternoon with same Order Number as shipping confirmation email that I received Friday morning 1-13.
    Enter the tracking number on UPS's website. I received my email and it was the same way. The number was for UPS not USPS.
    01-16-12 08:16 PM
    Hahaha, the link takes you to USPS site, but tracking number is not found, however that tracking number entered at UPS site says that package is only a 35 minute drive away from me as of noon today (shipped from Windsor, CT on Friday), however delivery date shows Jan. 19.

BTW, shopblackberry.com customer service told me on phone last week that free shipping would be USPS and no tracking number would be given.

UPS Domestic Mail Services:
    UPS Mail Innovations domestic services rely on our extensive network and unique work share program with the U.S. Postal Service. Because we perform functions such as labeling and sorting of qualified mail that would normally be handled by USPS, we are able to pass along reduced rates to our clients.

Update: Okay, today 1/17/12, the tracking number does not work on UPS site, but does work on USPS site and status is now "out for delivery" to my address.

Update: Delivered 1/1712 (ordered 1/12/12, shipped 1/13/12)
    Last edited by mikeplus1; 01-17-12 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Added UPS Mail info.
    01-16-12 10:51 PM
    I joined the club.
    Ordered a 64GB.
    I'm going to let me family use my 16GB...
    blue-b likes this.
    01-17-12 05:49 PM
    i just saw blackberry posted on facebook saying the 64gb sale at $299 ends on jan 28. Could it be that OS2 is just around the corner from that date? coming early feb vs late feb?
    01-17-12 06:57 PM
285 ... 89101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD